1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Feb '24 15:06
    @kellyjay said
    Actually I believe what we know and are learning makes much more sense that a powerful intelligent Being is responsible than not. So I think you lose on two counts.
    I suspect your abacus is broken.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '24 17:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Just show me your evidence that shows life from non-life through natural solutions so your suggestion about evolution of the gaps is more valid than God of the gaps! If you have something show it don’t keep it to yourself.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 11:10
    @kellyjay said
    Is the universe information-rich?
    Can we study meaninglessness and get meaning out of it?
    To disprove a theory, a theory must be laid out with propositions to confirm or reject, so that there are things to check, without what is proposed is not a theory, the same thing would be true with the hypothesis, these are what we think happened or is going on, with that those can be checked out are they true or not.

How did the universe or life start, if there isn't anything that addresses everything in life, or everything in the universe, there is nothing to point to, to say this is why life is here, this is why the universe is here, they just are, and that is not a reason it is only an acknowledgment of the clueless nature people are willing to live with avoiding possibilities that have ramifications they dislike.

Does anyone here explain the information-rich universe or the informational instruction in life that has a reason that does not have a mind behind it?
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 12:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 14:32
    @kellyjay said
    To disprove a theory, a theory must be laid out with propositions to confirm or reject, so that there are things to check, without what is proposed is not a theory, the same thing would be true with the hypothesis, these are what we think happened or is going on, with that those can be checked out are they true or not.

How did the universe or life start, if there isn't an ...[text shortened]... erse or the informational instruction in life that has a reason that does not have a mind behind it?
    Care to answer my questions?

Kelly, are we out to win souls by philosophical persuasion? You well know that the argument that God created the universe is not unique to the Bible. Would you be willing to accept another version of God and another version of the creation?
  6. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 14:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    A 'slide' rule will make a far superior substitute for a broken abacus. Unfortunately it went out of use in the early 1970s, just before you came into existence in this physical world, where calculations and mathematical equations describe why it's not real.

The physical universe can be understood through abstract thinking and abstract mathematics.

God is music to my ears. The foundation of music lies in the mathematical relationships between frequencies, pitches, and intervals, which are the building blocks of melodies, harmonies, and rhythms.

This one is also before you were created out of love.

Genesis: In the Beginning.

YouTube
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 16:13
    @pettytalk said
    A 'slide' rule will make a far superior substitute for a broken abacus. Unfortunately it went out of use in the early 1970s, just before you came into existence in this physical world, where calculations and mathematical equations describe why it's not real.

The physical universe can be understood through abstract thinking and abstract mathematics.

God is music to ...[text shortened]... created out of love.

Genesis: In the Beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn_x0FlbkiA
    I prefer this:

YouTube
  8. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 18:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I prefer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXfDF5Ew3Gc
    Humor, Humor, and more Humor. I already expressed my love for the Flintstones, which indirectly express my support for Dino, and all the other dinosaurs. We are all family..... agreed!

Can we come to an agreement, and say that both the religious fanatics and the science fanatics have been hypnotized? Let us say that existence is a mystery to me and to you too. Actually it's a mystery to everyone, as we all have been hypnotized.

I'm certain that you prefer this one too.

YouTube
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 18:47
    @pettytalk said
    Humor, Humor, and more Humor. I already expressed my love for the Flintstones, which indirectly express my support for Dino, and all the other dinosaurs. We are all family..... agreed!

Can we come to an agreement, and say that both the religious fanatics and the science fanatics have been hypnotized? Let us say that existence is a mystery to me and to you too. Actually i ...[text shortened]... tized.

I'm certain that you prefer this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzXbdxeeHI
    How we ended up here on the planet is indeed a mystery.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 18:58
    @pettytalk said
    Care to answer my questions?

Kelly, are we out to win souls by philosophical persuasion? You well know that the argument that God created the universe is not unique to the Bible. Would you be willing to accept another version of God and another version of the creation?
    I have no idea what you’re trying to do, or why, if you don’t want to engage in questioning and answers, why are you here?

Winning souls for whom?

If you got some god you want to discuss I suggest starting your own thread on the topic.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 19:26
    @kellyjay said
    I have no idea what you’re trying to do, or why, if you don’t want to engage in questioning and answers, why are you here?

Winning souls for whom?

If you got some god you want to discuss I suggest starting your own thread on the topic.
    I'm here to win your soul. I'm the Devil's advocate, the holy spirit of dispute.

I just posed questions to you. And you, say this is your thread?

Why are you so adamant on wanting to prove to others the existence of a God you think is yours? Is it just for the hell of it, to engage in questioning and answering the proof of your God?

It seems that you are wanting to find loopholes in the Darwinian Evolution theory, which you believe that it will, indirectly, suffice as a proof for the existence of your God?

Is it not rather obvious to you that God is a mystery and wants it to stay that way until he is ready to show his face to us little insignificant specs of dust from which he is said to have created us, if we take your God literally?

Do you accept the book of Revelation as being the word of your God? If you do, don't be surprised that I have told you that you have been fooled into believing that you know God. If God is a mystery how can you or anyone else know God? At least the Biblical God, if indeed he's God, the One and Only.

... in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the MYSTERY of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets. --Revelation 10:7
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 11:127 edits
    @pettytalk said
    I'm here to win your soul. I'm the Devil's advocate, the holy spirit of dispute.

Why are you so adamant on wanting to prove to others the existence of a God you think is yours? Is it just for the hell of it, to engage in questioning and answering the proof of your God?

It seems that you are wanting ...[text shortened]... TERY of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets. --Revelation 10:7
    Talk to Jesus as He is my Lord and Savior if you are interested in my soul, I'm quite sure being the Devil's advocate you have things you'd like to sway away from Christ.

Why, I'm adamant is that not a single one of us is promised tomorrow and I believe Jesus shed His blood so we could avoid the wrath of God for our disobedience. I'd like to see for the sake of Jesus' sacrifice people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and denying God stands in the way of that. Since all truth belongs to God anything that people use to shield themselves from the fact we live in a created universe simply creates a mindset it is all simply a matter of perspective, and opinion. It is not. It isn't opinion here that matters but standing before the God who created everything, not some god of our own making who does things to our liking.

Why do you quote the Bible if it isn't a revelation of God to man to you? Through it, we know there is only one God, the King of the Universe, the Lord God almighty.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 11:161 edit
    @pettytalk said

It seems that you are wanting ...[text shortened]... TERY of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets. --Revelation 10:7
    You can look at the universe and determine causes through reason when those reach a point where only a prime reality, a causeless, cause could account for things that point to God, instead of investigating things like that, "it just is uttered,' as if that is a reason to accept anything.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '24 08:49
    @kellyjay said
    Is the universe information-rich?
    Can we study meaninglessness and get meaning out of it?
    I take it meaningless wins in the eyes of some here.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Mar '24 09:10
    @kellyjay said
    I take it meaningless wins in the eyes of some here.
    Who here has spoken of meaninglessness? (Apart from yourself).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree