Christ is all the

Christ is all the "things"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonship
You should be concerned that because you have some true things, you are not taking in some terribly false things with them.

Concerning the millennial kingdom - JW have always been able to correct many mainline denominational Christians. They do not often understand the millennial kingdom.

But along with that you have been trained to twist away some vit ...[text shortened]... e warm love for Christ the New Testament glows with in every page.

Something is WRONG Robbie.
I have a relationship with the father as did the Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
we don't go around with Holy water and crucifixes imposing ourselves on people, 'take him into your heart', like some kind of freak show, we appeal to reason.
" That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith" (Eph. 3:17)

The Christian worker should help people to allow Jesus Christ to make His home in their hearts through faith. This is not sentimental talk. This is actual talk. That is not the physical heart. But it is the psychological and spiritual heart.

Initially Christ wants to make His home in the heart by faith.
Then on a ongoing basis He would occupy more "rooms" in our hearts in the same manner.

Do you help people to allow Christ to make His home in their hearts through faith?
Or do you teach them to put up a "Keep Out" sign towards the Son of God?

You first should let Him, by your faith - and HIS FAITHFULNESS, make His home in your own heart. You have no righteousness to offer to God. You have only Christ to receive as the righteousness of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17

I have a relationship with the father as did the Christ.
If you have a relationship with the Father then you must know Christ within as your Lord and Savior.

For when the Father comes to make an abode in the lover of Christ, Christ comes with and in the Father.

" Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him,

and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

The Son will come and in Him and with Him the Father comes.
This is for Christ to make His home in our hearts through faith.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17
3 edits

If you have a relationship with the Father then you must know Christ within as your Lord and Savior.

For when the Father comes to make an abode in the lover of Christ, Christ comes with and in the Father.

[quote] [b] " Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him,

and We will come to him and ...[text shortened]... and with Him the Father comes.
This is for Christ to make His home in our hearts through faith.
Its a purely emotional approach sonship, our intellects yearn for more. Something more meaningful than emotion, something tangible with not only the senses but the intellect as well. We put on the 'mind of Christ'.

for, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

God commands us to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
We cannot do something ELSE good and think that that will be enough to justify us before Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Mar 17

We cannot do something ELSE good and think that that will be enough to justify us before Him.
There are those who wish to be good enough in their own eyes before God, and those who would earn through human efforts their place in God's Kingdom.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 17

The first sentence is biblical. The second is hogwash.

Jesus commanded people to DO THE SOMETHING ELSE AND TO DO GOOD WORKS.

Whether or not its good enough is not for you a mere human [and a lesser one at that], to judge. Christ will judge that.

You continue to decry good works and righteous living and then with another of your forked tongues you claim that you dont.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
2 edits

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17

Cain was the first human being to presume that he could bring something else of his own contriving to be justified before God.

I am so glad that the Bible gave us a heads up EARLY in its beginnings.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
4 edits

for, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16[/b]
Its a purely emotional approach sonship,

You're fooling yourself Robbie.

our intellects yearn for more. Something more meaningful than emotion, something tangible with not only the senses but the intellect as well. We put on the 'mind of Christ'.

Huge .... HUGE .... Strawman argument.
Go knock that strawman down now and deceive yourself into thinking that you've done something great.

First of all. The word does not really command us to LOVE (of the emotion) the Son of God in order to be saved. It does command that we BELIEVE into Him in order to be saved.

So your emotional swooning will not justify you. Though Christ is lovable for sure.
It is His blood that cleanses us from every sin.

We are commanded by God to believe in the Son of God.
You're resisting the believing.
Of course you are therefore cold towards the loving of Christ.

Strictly speaking salvation is to he who believes.
Coming to realize how much you were loved and how much you have been forgiven will normally lead TO love of the Lord as well.

As it stands your emotion complaint is just your Strawman argument.

for, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

That means the Holy Spirit is as much a Person as the Lord.
Does it not?
See below.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
4 edits

"Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

Tell me Robbie.
Does the phrase "the mind of the Lord" imply that the Lord is a "Person" ?

If so what about the biblical phrase " the mind of the Spirit" (Romans 8:27) ?

Huh Robbie?

"The mind of the Lord" surely means the living Person of the Lord.
"The mind of Christ" surely means that Christ is a living Person.

"The mind of the Spirit" surely means the living Person of the Holy Spirit.

Now don't get over emotional on us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 17

Cain was the first human being to presume that he could bring something else of his own contriving to be justified before God.

I am so glad that the Bible gave us a heads up EARLY in its beginnings.
Jesus Christ and all the Apostles gave all the heads up people need to understand what they MUST DO to be justified before God.

DOERS OF THE LAW ARE JUSTIFIED
NOT HEARERS
NOT TALKERS
NOT THINKERS

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jesus Christ and all the Apostles gave all the heads up people need to understand what they MUST DO to be justified before God.

DOERS OF THE LAW ARE JUSTIFIED
NOT HEARERS
NOT TALKERS
NOT THINKERS
How many shall be justified out works of the law for "the gift of eternal life" ?

Your Bible says "no flesh" - Doesn't it ?

" Because out of works of the law shall no flesh be justified before Him; for through the law is the clear knowledge of sin." (Romans 3:20)

Since you shout out to me "DOERS OF THE LAW ARE JUSTIFIED" what correction on the New Testament in Romans 3:20 would you propose instead of what is written there?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

How many shall be justified out works of the law for "the gift of eternal life" ?

Your Bible says "no flesh" - Doesn't it ?

[b] " Because out of works of the law shall no flesh be justified before Him; for through the law is the clear knowledge of sin." (Romans 3:20)

Since you shout out to me "DOERS OF THE LAW ARE JUST ...[text shortened]... n on the New Testament in [b]Romans 3:20 would you propose instead of what is written there?[/b]
That is a puzzle that you have to figure out, becuase you promote faith alone and deny that works has any bearing on ones eternal life.

I accept that both faith and works are important. Some are justified by faith alone, some by a combination of faith and works, and some by works alone. God alone knows who will be justified and by what method. Apparently you have taken it upon your shoulders to claim that you know who is justified and by what method. I leave that to Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
[b]That is a puzzle that you have to figure out, becuase you promote faith alone and deny that works has any bearing on ones eternal life.

Some are justified by faith alone, some by a combination of faith and works, and some by works alone. God alone knows who with be justified by what method.
I figured out the puzzle. You don't know what you're talking about.

I accept that both faith and works are important.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept that both faith and getting a good nights sleep are important.
I accept that both faith and tightening your seat belt when driving are important.

What are you telling me that I need to know when you say you accept faith and something else are important ?

I accept that both faith and not texting while driving are important.
Huge deal.

Because I have a better understanding of the New Testament I have a deeper and better understanding of the importance of living and works after being regenerated than you do.

The whole reason I opened this thread was to emphasize the practical way works can flow out of the Christian life.

You cannot get that even if it was told to you 100 times. That has been demonstrated over the years.

Apparently you have taken it upon your shoulders to claim that you know who is justified and by what method. I leave that to Christ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know who is justified because of what Romans 10:9-13 said.

So you think Watchman Nee was a false Christian ?
Maybe you are just in love with the feeling of being a religious mavrick of some kind.