Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Well you certainly are trying to enforce your opinion of what it means to be psychologically abused upon me.
If you had taken the time to research and understand psychological abuse for yourself, you would have saved everyone a lot of time and effort.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If you had taken the time to research and understand psychological abuse for yourself, you would have saved everyone a lot of time and effort.
So there is only one universally correct understanding of psychological abuse and it just happens to coincide with your opinion, how convenient.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Well you certainly are trying to enforce your opinion of what it means to be psychologically abused upon me.
You are in denial.

You made a key comment at a crucial moment that seems to indicate pretty clearly that some part of you concedes that you have been damaged. Your strenuous efforts not to address the fact only adds to impression.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are in denial.

You made a key comment at a crucial moment that seems to indicate pretty clearly that some part of you concedes that you have been damaged. Your strenuous efforts not to address the fact only adds to impression.
Or maybe I just don't feel like having a bunch of cyber bullies enforce their opinions on me.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

So there is only one universally correct understanding of psychological abuse and it just happens to coincide with your opinion, how convenient.
In case you missed it:

Please explain why you, in isolation, believe that deprivation is not a form of abuse. (And please don't refer back to your basic dictionary definition of abuse, but in the grown up understanding that abuse comes in many forms).

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Your 220 word description of what you allegedly experienced in your cult would unite all thoughtful grown ups as it is an open a shut example of what a psychologically abusive environment is.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jun 17

Or maybe I just don't feel like having a bunch of cyber bullies enforce their opinions on me.
You are not obligated sir to post here if you feel bullied. You alone have decided to argue against the standard understanding of what constitutes psychological abuse.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

When you bear in mind the words of mine it was in reply to, what do you now claim the sentence "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you" means?

Moves
11 Jun 17

In case you missed it:

Please explain why you, in isolation, believe that deprivation is not a form of abuse. (And please don't refer back to your basic dictionary definition of abuse, but in the grown up understanding that abuse comes in many forms).
By 'grown up' understanding you mean the defintion of abuse that you personally have a preference for? So only you are allowed a preference and not me?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Your 220 word description of what you allegedly experienced in your cult would unite all thoughtful grown ups as it is an open a shut example of what a psychologically abusive environment is.
Sure and all thoughtful grown ups will also agree that not everyone who is exposed to a psychologically abuse environment suffers psychological abuse.

Moves
11 Jun 17

You are not obligated sir to post here if you feel bullied. You alone have decided to argue against the standard understanding of what constitutes psychological abuse.
If by 'standard understanding' you are referring to your own personal opinion of what the 'standard understanding' is, then we are agreed.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
When you bear in mind the words of mine it was in reply to, what do you now claim the sentence "It's one thing to get out of a cult but it is another thing to get the cult out of you" means?
It is not always easy to get rid of old habits.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Sure and all thoughtful grown ups will also agree that not everyone who is exposed to a psychologically abuse environment suffers psychological abuse.
Of course you did. You might like to think you didn't. You might like say you weren't affected by it. But everybody who was subject to the regime you described was exposed to and suffered psychological abuse including the deliberate deprivation and cruel threats you detailed. If you have coped with it by being in denial as seems to be the case, then so be it.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

It is not always easy to get rid of old habits.
How is your habitual intellectual and intetpersonal behaviour here connected to your supposedly having been in a cult? Which of these impacts would you like "to get rid of"?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Of course you did. You might like to think you didn't. You might like say you weren't affected by it. But everybody who was subject to the regime you described was exposed to and suffered psychological abuse including the deliberate deprivation and cruel threats you detailed. If you have coped with it by being in denial as seems to be the case, then so be it.
Sure according to your own subjective opinion of what constitutes psychological abuse, you seem to think that you are only entitled to your opinion and I am not entitled to mine. Are are starting to sound like our cult leader to be quite honest.