1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Oh have you forgotten? I asked you why you twisted my words to mean I was damaged?
    It is my interpretation and opinion about what you said. I quoted you verbatim. Which of the negative habits/impacts would you like "to get rid of"?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have answered this. I exert no power or any restrictions over you and you are free to think and say whatever you want.
    So if I am free to think that I was not psychologically abused what have you been on about?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is my interpretation and opinion about what you said. I quoted you verbatim. Which of the negative habits/impacts would you like "to get rid of"?
    It was not verbatim. You inserted your own words and claimed they were mine.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:311 edit
    So if I am free to think that I was not psychologically abused what have you been on about?
    Like I said, I exert no power or any restrictions over you and you are free to think and say whatever you want. You are in denial and ignorant about psychological abuse. And that is what we are discussing. You are free to behave as you see fit on this forum. I hold no threats over you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:33
    It was not verbatim. You inserted your own words and claimed they were mine.
    I did not "insert" any words. I quoted you verbatim, and placed the words inside quotation marks.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said, I exert no power or any restrictions over you and you are free to think and say whatever you want. You are in denial and ignorant about psychological abuse. And that is what we are discussing. You are free to behave as you see fit on this forum. I hold no threats over you.
    Again you are welcome to assume that since I was in an environment of psychological abuse I also suffered psychological abuse. You are welcome to assume this, even if you can not prove it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:38
    Again you are welcome to assume that since I was in an environment of psychological abuse I also suffered psychological abuse. You are welcome to assume this, even if you can not prove it.
    We have your own 220 word testimony and the corroborating testimonies you suggested we read.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    We have your own 220 word testimony and the corroborating testimonies you suggested we read.
    Ok you are also welcome to use my 220 words and judge them to by your own subjective opinions of what constitutes psychological abuse and reach whatever conclusions you deem fit.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:42
    It is not always easy to get rid of old habits.
    Which of the negative habits/impacts caused by your cult experience would you like "to get rid of"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:451 edit
    Ok you are also welcome to use my 220 words and judge them to by your own subjective opinions of what constitutes psychological abuse and reach whatever conclusions you deem fit.
    I doubt you would find a professional psychiatrist or psychologist who would disagree with my take on it, aside, perhaps, from those on the payroll of your cult who might have been involved in covering up the violence and rapes that went on and acting as apologists in the media.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which of the negative habits/impacts caused by your cult experience would you like "to get rid of"?
    Subjecting myself to rules that are not in the Bible for one.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:012 edits
    Subjecting myself to rules that are not in the Bible for one.
    Huh? This is a non sequitur.

Look at page 50. Your comment was in reply to what I said, which was about the toll being in a cult seems to have taken on you (and still affecting you to this day), not about theology.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    I doubt you would find a professional psychiatrist or psychologist who would disagree with my take on it, aside, perhaps, from those on the payroll of your cult who might have been involved in covering up the violence and rapes that went on and acting as apologists in the media.
    Again you are welcome to your subjective opinions that I was personally abused. And you are also welcome to think that every professional psychiatrist or psychologist will share your opinion.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:04
    If by 'standard understanding' you are referring to your own personal opinion of what the 'standard understanding' is, then we are agreed.
    No, I am referring to the standard understanding of professional psychologists.

Please explain why deprivation is not a form of abuse?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 18:05
    Again you are welcome to your subjective opinions that I was personally abused. And you are also welcome to think that every professional psychiatrist or psychologist will share your opinion.
    If I have opened your eyes to your ignorance (if you made up the story) or your denial (if you didn't make it up) then it will have been worth it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree