Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I mentioned psychological abuse not violence.

If you are now claiming that the abuse you described was somehow 'for a good purpose', then your denial perhaps runs deep.
So what is this 'bad purpose' that you think I was 'psychologically' being used for?

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
In a way conducive with the copy/pasted description of religious cultish abuse which you posting in a thread here as Fetchmyjunk some moths ago and which you attributed to yourself and used as a pitiful excuse for your posting style in here.
Where have you run off to geester? Are you going to return to own up to your lies?

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
So what is this 'bad purpose' that I was psychologically being used for?
What is "bad" is the abuse of you as a child and a teenager - you described it. What the abusers' "purpose" was is mostly irrelevant in light of what they did, but you could either contact them and ask them if they are still allowed to operate or you could check out the web site you gave us a link to and see what the abuse victims there thought their abusers' "purpose" was.

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What is "bad" is the abuse of you as a child and a teenager - you described it. What the abusers' "purpose" was is mostly irrelevant in light of what they did, but you could either contact them and ask them if they are still allowed to operate or you could check out the web site you gave us a link to and see what the abuse victims there thought their abusers' "purpose" was.
So you are claiming that I was used for a bad purpose yet you don't know what that supposed bad purpose was? 🙄

It seems more like you suspect that there was a bad purpose but you don't know that.

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

So you are claiming that I was used for a bad purpose yet you don't know what that supposed bad purpose was? 🙄
I have claimed that you were psychologically abused by people who exerted power over you and were responsible for your welfare when you were young and your own account confirms it, your attempted wordplay and sophistry notwithstanding.

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

So you are claiming that I was used for a bad purpose...
You mean like alcohol being used for a bad purpose or morphine being used for a bad purpose, as in alcohol abuse and drug abuse, "abuse" in that sense?

No, I mean psychological abuse.

Moves
05 Jun 17

I still don't see any mention of violence or use for a bad purpose. That is how abuse is defined in the dictionary. You must be using the FMF dictionary.
Do you recognise there are many forms of abuse; including (not exclusively) physical, sexual, psychological and financial?

Do you discount financial and psychological as forms of abuse, because there is no dictionary definition of violence?!

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You mean like alcohol being used for a bad purpose or morphine being used for a bad purpose, as in alcohol abuse and drug abuse, "abuse" in that sense?

No, I mean psychological abuse.
Putting the word 'psychological' before the word 'abuse' does not change the definition of 'abuse'. "Abuse' still means 'used for a bad purpose' so in essence you are claiming that I was psychologically used for a bad purpose. Which is something you neither know nor can establish.

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Do you recognise there are many forms of abuse; including (not exclusively) physical, sexual, psychological and financial?

Do you discount financial and psychological as forms of abuse, because there is no dictionary definition of violence?!
Define 'psychological abuse' or whichever abuse you think I suffered. Use any dictionary you want.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jun 17

treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by apathist
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.
Finally someone who can read a dictionary.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jun 17

God needs mankind to do his dirty work.

Moves
05 Jun 17

Putting the word 'psychological' before the word 'abuse' does not change the definition of 'abuse'. "Abuse' still means 'used for a bad purpose' so in essence you are claiming that I was psychologically used for a bad purpose. Which is something you neither know nor can establish.
Yes it does! Abuse comes in many forms, and not always overtly violent. (Though always controlling). Your own words, below, clearly describe an environment of abuse:

"I was not allowed to talk to the opposite sex, watch tv, listen to non Christian music etc, and believed that I needed to confess every bad thought that I had to a counsellor in the church who would pray with me for God to forgive me. Women in our church were not allowed to wear trousers or jewelry, and you weren't allowed to be romantically involved with the person you wanted to marry. You had to marry someone from the same church. You had to 'hear from God' who the person was that you were going to marry and you weren't even allowed to talk to them before you got married."

Moves
05 Jun 17

Define 'psychological abuse' or whichever abuse you think I suffered. Use any dictionary you want.
'Psychological abuse (also referred to as psychological violence, emotional abuse, or mental abuse) is a form of abuse, characterized by a person subjecting, or exposing, another person to behavior that may result in psychological trauma, including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder.[1][2][3] Such abuse is often associated with situations of power imbalance, such as abusive relationships, bullying, gaslighting, and abuse in the workplace."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse (Your kind of site).

You can add to that list 'belonging to a cult.'

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Yes it does! Abuse comes in many forms, and not always overtly violent. (Though always controlling). Your own words, below, clearly describe an environment of abuse:

"I was not allowed to talk to the opposite sex, watch tv, listen to non Christian music etc, and believed that I needed to confess every bad thought that I had to a counsellor in the ...[text shortened]... at you were going to marry and you weren't even allowed to talk to them before you got married."
And still you have not specified which definition of 'abuse' you are referring to. Do you mind quoting a dictionary definition instead of shifting the goal posts at every turn.