Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Again why you feel the necessity to ascribe values to people is known only to you. The argument is an objective one and I would be pleased if you discussed it objectively.
Are you now claiming that 'marital rape "is not logically possible"' AND 'marital rape "is logically possible"' are BOTH objective arguments?

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you now claiming that 'marital rape "[b]is not logically possible"' AND 'marital rape "is logically possible"' are BOTH objective arguments?[/b]
this is the same tedious regurgitation of the previous statement. I have given you the argument it should be enough for you to grasp it by now.

F

Moves
14 May 16

No I am simply not prepared to discuss them with you.
So you are hiding your views on rape from me and from anyone reading this discussion. It seems like a strange way for you to behave.

F

Moves
14 May 16

this is the same tedious regurgitation.
You said "The argument is an objective one". Which one? Or do you mean both?

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So you are hiding your views on rape from me and from anyone reading this discussion. It seems like a strange way for you to behave.
not more strange than masquerading as women in order to dupe people. Quite simply you cannot be trusted, look how you turned an objective debate into a slimefest.

F

Moves
14 May 16

I have given you the argument it should be enough for you to grasp it by now.
So has your stance shifted away from marital rape being "not logically possible" as you once stated it to be? Yes or no?

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So has your stance shifted away from marital rape being "not logically possible" as you once stated it to be? Yes or no?
I have outlined the argument for you, if you are having trouble ask someone for help and if you dont mind my Mary Shelley book has arrived and i would rather like to read it.

F

Moves
14 May 16

In other words in principle there would never be a forcing of the other party and if there was never any forcing then there could never be rape, because rape by definition is coercing someone through the use of force to engage in a sexual activity against their will.
So you are saying that "in principle there would never be" rape in marriage? Is that your "objective argument"?

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
So you are saying that "in principle there would never be" rape in marriage? Is that your "objective argument"?
cya FMF, pick out a summer dress and feel easy!

F

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

I have outlined the argument for you, if you are having trouble ask someone for help
Is your argument that 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 means there can be such a thing as marital rape or that there can't be?

F

Moves
14 May 16

sonhouse: So for you forced sex on your wife is rape?

Yes
Is this your own point of view or is it someone else's point of view?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Is this your own point of view or is it someone else's point of view?
I think he answered that since I said 'for you'. That seems pretty clear. He may be doing the devils advocate thing on this issue. I don't think he would ever even consider raping either his wife or anyone else.

F

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I don't think [robbie] would ever even consider raping either his wife or anyone else.
And of course neither I ~ nor indeed anyone else ~ has ever suggested anything of the kind. What has been interesting has been all the obfuscation since he said "yes" where there is some sort of different meaning of "consent" according to a "Christian perspective" that has "implications for the definition of rape" and all this only applies to Christians. I always know when I have touched upon the core-waffle or the inconsistency in his "argument" when he hurls a few insults. The whole thing about 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 was a spurious maneuver of some kind which apparently had nothing to do with marital rape.

F

Moves
14 May 16

FMF: Is this your own point of view or is it someone else's point of view?

I think he answered that since I said 'for you'. That seems pretty clear.
Be that as it may, but he has also repeatedly insisted that his personal perspectives on this issue are secret.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

I think he answered that since I said 'for you'. That seems pretty clear. He may be doing the devils advocate thing on this issue. I don't think he would ever even consider raping either his wife or anyone else.
our friend FMF is only interested in slime, he has literally no concept of objective rational debate and struggles immensely with the concept of testing a premise by subjecting it to falsification.