Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I mean droogster that he had no way of ever carrying out his genocidal threats and they were therefore nothing more than fantasy. Furthermore i suspect that he was goaded by the Ghost and Rank outsider making them at least partially complicit for his banning.
So it's OK to post abusive genocidal threats?

rc

Moves
14 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
So it's OK to post abusive genocidal threats?
if you think its ok then its your perspective, you seem to be saying as much. If i post that i am going to apprehend, incarcerate and systematically kill all left handed people because i dont like the way they write who is likely to take me seriously? and yet you took dasa seriously when he made a similar ludicrous claim, why is that?

F

Moves
14 May 16

It appared to me he was banned for making fantasy claims that he could never carry out and its incredulous that people took them seriously.
His "making fantasy claims that he could never carry out" was the very substance of his hate speech. You have described this behaviour as criminal. How can one possibly describe opposing and dealing with (what you yourself call) criminal behaviour as the actions of "though police"?

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
His "making fantasy claims that he could never carry out" was the very substance of his hate speech. You have described this behaviour as criminal. How can one possibly describe opposing and dealing with (what you yourself call) criminal behaviour as the actions of "though police"?
I dont understand what it is you are attempting to ask.

F

Moves
14 May 16

I have not condemned them as you put it, only you condemn people, infact its one of the things you are good at, condemning people, i have merely drawn attention to the fact that it appears to me that he was banned for expressing a complete and utter fantasy and also that he was partially goaded. that under law it constitutes a hate crime does not ne ...[text shortened]... ve already stated again and again as you regurgitate the same tedious questions again and again.
Would you have defended whatever hate speech he engaged in, no matter how depraved and malicious? Would you have defended it regardless of how hateful his vilification was? Could he have said literally anything and still had you defending him over it?

F

Moves
14 May 16

I dont understand what it is you are attempting to ask.
His hate speech comprised some elements of fantasy. Does this mean ~ according to your own moral mind map ~ that he should have been permitted to continue posting the hate speech?

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Would you have defended whatever hate speech he engaged in, no matter how depraved and malicious? Would you have defended it regardless of how hateful his vilification was? Could he have said literally anything and still had you defending him over it?
it depends on whether it was realistically able to result in overt action, again this has already been answered, will you please try to refrain from regurgitating the same questions again and again, its rather tedious to say the least and my patience is wearing thin.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
His hate speech comprised some elements of fantasy. Does this mean ~ according to your own moral mind map ~ that he should have been permitted to continue posting the hate speech?
This is a question for the site moderation. I will not engage in useless and futile speculation without concrete examples. I personally would not have banned Dasa because his text appeared to me to be ludicrous.

F

Moves
14 May 16

If i post that i am going to apprehend, incarcerate and systematically kill all left handed people because i dont like the way they write who is likely to take me seriously?
If you posted hundreds and hundreds of times in an effort to vilify left handed people ~ accusing them of rape and terrorism and child abuse ~ and you posted that people defending left handed people were criminals and terrorists and supporters of rape, and you said these things over and over and over again, week after week, thread after thread, do you think it would be the action of "though police" to eventually shut this kind of posting down?

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you posted hundreds and hundreds of times in an effort to vilify left handed people ~ accusing them of rape and terrorism and child abuse ~ and you posted that people defending left handed people were criminals and terrorists and supporters of rape, and you said these things over and over and over again, week after week, thread after thread, do you think it would be the action of "though police" to eventually shut this kind of posting down?
so you banned him because he was consistent? wow

F

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

This is a question for the site moderation. I will not engage in useless and futile speculation without concrete examples.
But surely, on this thread, you have been defending his right - and advocating that he should have been permitted - to continue posting the hate speech?

F

Moves
14 May 16

so you banned him because he was consistent? wow
My question is not about consistency, it's about the hypothetical malicious vilification of left handed people - a scenario which you have just raised.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
My question is not about consistency, it's about the hypothetical malicious vilification of left handed people - a scenario which you have just raised.
What he said was hateful and distasteful, no one is disputing it but claims of genocide were ludicrous, how anyone took them seriously you have not explained, tell me how he was going to carry out these claims? tell me how i am going to carry out my mass incarceration of left handed people? do you believe these claims are real?

F

Moves
14 May 16

I personally would not have banned Dasa because his text appeared to me to be ludicrous.
But you have described his texts as criminal.

F

Moves
14 May 16

What he said was hateful and distasteful, no one is disputing it but claims of genocide were ludicrous, how anyone took them seriously you have not explained, tell me how he was going to carry out these claims
No one has claimed that he was going to carry out genocide. That'd be silly. He was banned for what you have characterized as criminal behaviour.