Dependencies for 'Chrisitan' salvation

Dependencies for 'Chrisitan' salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Ok according to Luke, one of the thieves made it to Heaven. If you read Luke's account, why do you think he made it to Heaven? Tell me honestly.
Who knows? I offered you a theory earlier - and did so "honestly" - but you ignored it.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Who knows? I offered you a theory earlier - and did so "honestly" - but you ignored it.
So your theory of why the thief was saved is "who knows"? Ok good for you.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

And what does Luke's account tell you? Do you accept Luke's account as it is?
Luke's account is of two common criminals mocking a man who was being executed for claiming to be God. Luke is involved in trying to establish a breakaway religion based on the personhood and purported significance of Jesus.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

So your theory of why the thief was saved is "who knows"? Ok good for you.
I offered you a theory earlier but you ignored it. I reminded you of this just now and you ignored it again.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Luke's account is of two common criminals mocking a man who was being executed for claiming to be God. Luke is involved in trying to establish a breakaway religion based on the personhood and purported significance of Jesus.
Ah ok now I get you. Thanks for clearing up your agenda.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I offered you a theory earlier but you ignored it. I reminded you of this just now and you ignored it again.
I actually responded to it I didn't ignore it. If you want to believe the penitent thief was mocking Jesus when he reprimanded the the other thief you are welcome to do so. I don't. It is evident that he was pleading for mercy. I also understand that it bugs you to see a repentant heart. I totally get that.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16
1 edit

You have your agenda too. Your agenda involves you - or perhaps compels you - to make up stuff about the account of the incident provided by Mark and Matthew. Those Gospels simply do not substantiate the ideology your own agenda makes you want to superimpose onto the story.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

Tell me about the thief's "faith". You mean he said some words?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
You have your agenda too. Your agenda involves you - or perhaps compels you - to make up stuff about the account of the incident provided by Mark and Matthew. Those Gospels simply do not substantiate the ideology your own agenda makes you want to superimpose onto the story.
Luke's account clearly portrays a penitent thief, whether you want to believe it or not.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Tell me about the thief's "faith". You mean he said some words?
When he asked Jesus to remember him when he entered his kingdom he clearly had faith that Jesus was Devine and could save him.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

Luke's account clearly portrays a penitent thief, whether you want to believe it or not.
Luke account clearly portrays Jesus being mocked and this is corroborated by Mark and Matthew.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Luke account clearly portrays Jesus being mocked and this is corroborated by Mark and Matthew.
Yes by one of the thieves. The penitent thief clearly reprimanded the other thief and pleaded for mercy.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

When he asked Jesus to remember him when he entered his kingdom he clearly had faith that Jesus was Devine and could save him.
Taunting Jesus about "his kingdom" as he was being put to death for claiming he was God is mockery. Mark and Matthew saw it for what it was. Only your agenda is stopping you from seeing it too.

F

Moves
20 Aug 16

Yes by one of the thieves. The penitent thief clearly reprimanded the other thief and pleaded for mercy.
It was clearly mockery as Mark and Matthew indicate.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
You asked specific questions about peoples works and righteousness and if these specific people will be in the Kingdom. These are pointless questions .. and you keep doing it.

I you want to discuss the doctrine of Christ and the Aposltes Im in but foolish questions and repeating these over and over is a turn off.
You brought up people's works, why wouldn't that than become a topic? If you are going
to provide a check list on what needs done, don't you think going over that check list in
the only guy we know was saved matter? As near as I can tell, he confessed with his mouth
and believed in his heart, but he did not do anything on your list. Simply believing is a work
too according to scripture.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”