1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 01:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby always dodges the question too. The things you or I think are "real" may be "imaginary" to someone else. The question is about believing and not believing, and not about what you personally claim is "real".

Do you believe that a person can just somehow decide to believe in something that somebody else just so happens to claim is "real" when he or she simply doesn't believe it and considers it "imaginary"?
    Is it safe?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 01:59
    It's no mystery as to why the question gets dodged.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 02:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    As we have all been witness to over your time here on these forums, fairies are not necessarily and primarily female in given gender.
    The Tooth Fairy. 🙄

The Male Tooth Fairy Model for recycling of children's milk teeth is an Establishment Lie!
    Have you ever seen a male Tooth Fairy?
    Use your eyes.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby always dodges the question too. The things you or I think are "real" may be "imaginary" to someone else. The question is about believing and not believing, and not about what you personally claim is "real".

Do you believe that a person can just somehow decide to believe in something that somebody else just so happens to claim is "real" when he or she simply doesn't believe it and considers it "imaginary"?
    What do you mean by "somehow?"
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you mean "mystery" in the theological sense, as in "religious truth via divine revelation, hidden spiritual significance, mystical truth," or do you mean it in the mastery sense, as in "handicraft, trade, art" sense?
    Sounds like you might be getting religious on us up in here.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 00:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ever realize the extent to which light, the illumination of light bulbs in the venues of our lives, are taken for granted? Without Christ and without hope and without eternal life, men and women live out their lives in utter darkness irrespective of their vocabularies and Intelligence Quotients. Choice is yours.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 01:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ever realize the extent to which light, the illumination of light bulbs in the venues of our lives, are taken for granted? Without Christ and without hope and without eternal life, men and women live out their lives in utter darkness irrespective of their vocabularies and Intelligence Quotients. Choice is yours.
    Do you contend that you can just choose to believe in something that you don't believe in? Perhaps you can give an example from your own life where you managed to do this.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 01:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you contend that you can just choose to believe in something that you don't believe in? Perhaps you can give an example from your own life where you managed to do this.
    Is it safe?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 02:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is it safe?
    still not funny
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 02:28
    We ARE without Christ and without eternal life*, we are NOT without hope, and we don't live in utter darkness.

So your 'choice' is utter [stuff that comes out of the south end of a north facing bull].

And I ask again, do you truly appreciate that every time you threaten us/me/anyone with your so called 'choice'
    I hate and despise you and your religion a little more?

*A fact I am for one, rather happy about.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 05:31
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    We ARE without Christ and without eternal life*, we are NOT without hope, and we don't live in utter darkness.

So your 'choice' is utter [stuff that comes out of the south end of a north facing bull].

And I ask again, do you truly appreciate that every time you threaten us/me/anyone with your so called 'choice'
    I hate and despise you and your religion a little more?

*A fact I am for one, rather happy about.
    He who conceals hatred has lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool.

(Proverbs 10:18)
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 10:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And he who spreads slander is a fool.(Proverbs 10:18)

This from someone who started a thread saying Michelle Obama was a man.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 12:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He who conceals hatred has lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool.

(Proverbs 10:18)
    Well given that I am neither concealing hatred, nor spreading slander, and I am not a fool...

And given that you spread slander like it was butter on bread and are indeed a fool...

What was your point?
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:191 edit
    [b]"Do atheists hate the God they don't believe in?" (by Matt Slick)

"People behave according to what they believe not what they don't believe. When an atheist says that God doesn't exist or denies Him or works hard to disprove His existence, he is behaving in a manner that is consistent with what he believes. Likewise, when an atheist spe ...[text shortened]... the-god-they-dont-believe-in

Question: What do you believe?[/b]
    I'm sorry, i find the fully question funny. How can you hate something you don't believe in?
    I don't believe in the God of "Isis". And i don't hate those people either. But i do hate the way they practice their "faith", if that is what they call it. And in my mind, that wanton rape and slaughter of people; They need to be stopped.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 22:11
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

This from someone who started a thread saying Michelle Obama was a man.
    That is not exactly true.

There is a Debate Forum which is for "Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest."

I made a thread with the title "Michelle Obama may be a transsexual" because of information out in the public. I presented most of this information by video. It seemed a good controversial topic to discuss and debate to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree