Evil intelligent design of cancer!

Evil intelligent design of cancer!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
That prayer has any health benefits is just another of the big lies of religion. Among many other lies.
There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of prayer, you just need to look.

y

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Well, I see it rather that it is a placebo of the soul. If it lets them feel better, then why not.

...and then we have RJHinds. ...and other fundamentalists like him.
...and then we have RJHinds. ...and other fundamentalists like him.

and...

F

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of prayer, you just need to look.
Do you think that medicine of any kind can be replaced by prayers?

y

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Do you think that medicine of any kind can be replaced by prayers?
I'm not against medicine, I just merely said "There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of prayer"

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Mar 14

I'm not against medicine, I just merely said "There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of prayer"
And of course those studies were done by religious folk with an agenda so naturally they would cherry pick data showing their POV works.

Show me independent studies, made by people with no religious affiliation. I'm not talking about frothing at the mouth atheists, just independent workers.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Mar 14

Prayer is kind of like positive thinking also. If your negative going through an experience it's a lot worse healthwise then going through something positive and I know from personal experience.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Mar 14

And of course those studies were done by religious folk with an agenda so naturally they would cherry pick data showing their POV works.

Show me independent studies, made by people with no religious affiliation. I'm not talking about frothing at the mouth atheists, just independent workers.
There is no need for him to waste his time looking them up. I know you. You would not believe them anyway.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
Prayer is kind of like positive thinking also. If your negative going through an experience it's a lot worse healthwise then going through something positive and I know from personal experience.
Of course positive thinking is good for you. That is not prayer as I think of it. I think of prayer as other people praying for you, supposedly interceding for the help of a god.

An individual praying for him or her self is another story. That could be likened to a kind of yoga exercise or meditation which has been proven to have heath benefits, mentally and physically.

In that case you could be calling on the help of a tree, it wouldn't matter in the slightest, it is you giving yourself a pep talk.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is no need for him to waste his time looking them up. I know you. You would not believe them anyway.
Ah, so now you are SO intelligent and informed you know what I think. Amazing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Mar 14

Ah, so now you are SO intelligent and informed you know what I think. Amazing.
I know I have been slow, but I had been giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now there is no doubt.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I know I have been slow, but I had been giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now there is no doubt.
Well, now that you have cleared that up for everyone, you can go back to being a moron.

y

Moves
20 Mar 14

Well, now that you have cleared that up for everyone, you can go back to being a moron.
LOL, you two guys are hilarious!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Mar 14

LOL, you two guys are hilarious!
All just part of the act🙂

K

Moves
21 Mar 14

Fabian,
Type typed:
-----------------
Before I react, I would like you to clarify:
The cause of cancer is the sin. (yes or no)
If a person gets cancer, it is because of his sins. (yes or no)
-----------------

I don't know of anywhere, personally, in the bible that says all things that can make man and woman sick is because of sin. The bible says that Death came to all because of sin.

King James Version
===============
Romans 5: 12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ezekiel 18: 4, 20( I have not read the context)
4) . . .the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
20) The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Hebrews 9: 27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
-----------------------

Cancer, itself, may be because of Satan or a demon or more. However, the bible doesn't say that Satan can create something from nothing. It doesn't say a demon can create something from nothing. Maybe cancer is an innovation or a mutation.

Cancer, itself, could be a way God judges man for individual, personal sin. God may have created it, or innovated it, or mutated it, or whatever. Or maybe it existed before, but God kept it from hurting Adam and Eve at one point.

I would guess, that all people of age get sick because of our personal, individual sin if that sickness kills us in the end. If a baby gets cancer, perhaps, it is because he or she was born a sinner.

King James Version
==============
Psalms 51: 5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
-----------------------

Sickness that doesn't kill us? For all I know, Christ was sick at times. I have no bible verses to back that up. Perhaps, some sickness can be a temptation, but I don't have a bible verse to back that up either. But, there is this, even if it doesn't apply.

King James Version
=================
Hebrews 4: 15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
----------------------

I would guess that sickness that kills us is because of our personal, individual sin. If a young baby gets cancer, it is because that baby is born a sinner. Whether the baby has sinned or not in God's sight, I don't know, but the baby is born a sinner. God may not impute sin to the baby, but the baby is still a sinner. The baby is included in Christ's sacrifice too.

The cause of cancer may be God or Satan or a demon or more, but I assume that like death, cancer that kills, is for sinners. If that cancer patient dies from it, then it must be because of sin or being born as a sinner.

y

Moves
21 Mar 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Fabian,
Type typed:
-----------------
Before I react, I would like you to clarify:
The cause of cancer is the sin. (yes or no)
If a person gets cancer, it is because of his sins. (yes or no)
-----------------

I don't know of anywhere, personally, in the bible that says all things that can make man and woman sick is because of sin. The bible say ...[text shortened]... . If that cancer patient dies from it, then it must be because of sin or being born as a sinner.
The cause of cancer may be God or Satan or a demon or more, but I assume that like death, cancer that kills, is for sinners. If that cancer patient dies from it, then it must be because of sin or being born as a sinner.

You say a lot of stuff there. Would it be a fair assessment of your post, that if a person gets cancer... it's their fault because of their sin?