Grace? What is it, Biblically speaking, and how does it work?

Grace? What is it, Biblically speaking, and how does it work?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
83d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That will be £3.50 please.
That much for a stale donut? Here, I can get half a dozen fresh ones at Dunkin' Donuts for the same price. I don't need that kind of grace... it's too expensive for being free.

Moves
83d

@divegeester said
Oh dear …

I didn’t realise grinding your gears was a sin.
It ought to be a sin, when someone does not know how to properly engage the clutch. You are not a clutch player.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
83d

@pettytalk said
That much for a stale donut? Here, I can get half a dozen fresh ones at Dunkin' Donuts for the same price. I don't need that kind of grace... it's too expensive for being free.
Atheistic grace isn't as generous as Godly grace.

And one is horrified you would call a pastry a donut.

Moves
82d

@pettytalk said
It ought to be a sin, when someone does not know how to properly engage the clutch. You are not a clutch player.
And you’re a creep.

So what else you got?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
80d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That will be £3.50 please.
Lucy only charged 5¢.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
80d

@suzianne said
Lucy only charged 5¢.
I can't compete with that. I have overheads.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
79d

@PettyTalk
The grace of God is God taking the guilt of man upon Himself, so the punishment of God was done to the Word of God (Jesus Christ), instead of man. God then becomes both the reason for our justification and the justifier.

Moves
79d

@kellyjay said
@PettyTalk
The grace of God is God taking the guilt of man upon Himself, so the punishment of God was done to the Word of God (Jesus Christ), instead of man. God then becomes both the reason for our justification and the justifier.
It's only fair that God takes on the responsibility and guilt, since He created all of us with an inherent defect--tendency to sin, if you prefer the term sin over defect. The production manager takes the blame or the credit for the product being produced. And a good sea captain goes down with his ship. Can God do any less?

It all sounds reasonable. But give it more thought, since God seems to have wasted two good stone tablets to write all those commands on.

Do you really feel that a person cannot live their lives in full compliance with the ten commandments? Would God command man to do something which cannot be done? It may be hard, but not impossible.

But I suppose that if God's grace takes away all mankind's punishment, there will be no need for Hell as a place of punishment, and we'll all live happily ever after. Amen!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
It's only fair that God takes on the responsibility and guilt, since He created all of us with an inherent defect--tendency to sin, if you prefer the term sin over defect. The production manager takes the blame or the credit for the product being produced. And a good sea captain goes down with his ship. Can God do any less?

It all sounds reasonable. But give it more thou ...[text shortened]... here will be no need for Hell as a place of punishment, and we'll all live happily ever after. Amen!
No, the punishment is as real as ever and it will be just for those who die in their sins, the forgiveness is what did not have to happen. So the punishment will be done in righteousness and the forgiveness will be too.

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
It's only fair that God takes on the responsibility and guilt, since He created all of us with an inherent defect--tendency to sin, if you prefer the term sin over defect.
This is Biblically incorrect. Adam and Eve were created without sin, without “the sin which entered the world through the one man, Adam”. Not through Eve you will also notice.

However they did have freewill to choice to disbelieve God’s instruction and warning that if the do X then Y will happen, and instead believe the serpent who questioned what God had “really” said.

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said

It all sounds reasonable. But give it more thought, since God seems to have wasted two good stone tablets to write all those commands on.

Do you really feel that a person cannot live their lives in full compliance with the ten commandments? Would God command man to do something which cannot be done? It may be hard, but not impossible.
Paul writes that it is impossible for a person to fulfil the law in their own efforts and more specifically states that “the law is the schoolmaster who brings us to Christ”.

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said

But I suppose that if God's grace takes away all mankind's punishment, there will be no need for Hell as a place of punishment, and we'll all live happily ever after. Amen!
And that is exactly what he has done with Jesus Christ.

Hell and all that grisly stuff in the book of Revelation is a metaphorical depiction of what would have happened to mankind’s timeline had God not intervened with Jesus Christ.

Moves
79d

There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in HELL, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this FLAME.’ But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are TORMENTED. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this PLACE of TORMENT.’ Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.

They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Then they will go away to ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous to eternal life.

Moves
79d

@kellyjay said
No, the punishment is as real as ever and it will be just for those who die in their sins, the forgiveness is what did not have to happen. So the punishment will be done in righteousness and the forgiveness will be too.
You are likely to die in sin yourself if you keep believing in Paul's BS. Paul was indeed God's tool; he was, and is still, God's worm, the one God used to bate his fishing hook with, to catch all the gullible fish.

Hypothetically, will God be punishing you in righteousness because you are gullible?

Will the forgiveness come before or after the spanking?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
You are likely to die in sin yourself if you keep believing in Paul's BS. Paul was indeed God's tool; he was, and is still, God's worm, the one God used to bate his fishing hook with, to catch all the gullible fish.

Hypothetically, will God be punishing you in righteousness because you are gullible?

Will the forgiveness come before or after the spanking?
God used Paul to write most of the New Testament ignore him at your own peril. Jesus bore our punishment before the great day of the Lord’s judgement, what do you think will be righteous judgment against those who belittle and ignore His sacrifice?