Grace? What is it, Biblically speaking, and how does it work?

Grace? What is it, Biblically speaking, and how does it work?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
79d

@kellyjay said
God used Paul to write most of the New Testament ignore him at your own peril. Jesus bore our punishment before the great day of the Lord’s judgement, what do you think will be righteous judgment against those who belittle and ignore His sacrifice?
God please forgive me for saying all this.

The sacrifice was a physical one. The Son of man was the one crucified. And I tell you that it was a sacrifice to show how to live by what you preach. If you can properly grasp the concept of what was sacrificed you will have no problem understanding it, especially if you are also familiar with the term, Dutch Treat.

Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men.......

There is a 'but' to follow the dots which you may come back with, and if you do, we can discuss ghosts and what they represent.

Just remember not to trap yourself, because those who go around saying they have the holy Spirit in them do really blaspheme Jesus' soul, by such false claims.

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward EACH ACCORDING TO HIS WORKS.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said

The sacrifice was a physical one. The Son of man was the one crucified. And I tell you that it was a sacrifice to show how to live by what you preach. If you can properly grasp the concept of what was sacrificed you will have no problem understanding it, especially if you are also familiar with the term, Dutch Treat.

Theref ...[text shortened]... ome in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward EACH ACCORDING TO HIS WORKS.
He also going to tell some who were doing good works in His name, depart from Me I never knew you.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
79d
3 edits

@pettytalk said

Theref ...[text shortened]... ome in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward EACH ACCORDING TO HIS WORKS.
because those who go around saying they have the holy Spirit in them do really blaspheme Jesus' soul, by such false claims.

[Psalm 51:11 NKJV] 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

[Isiah 63:11 NKJV] 11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses [and] his people, [saying]: "Where [is] He who brought them up out of the sea With the shepherd of His flock? Where [is] He who put His Holy Spirit within them,

[Luke 1:15, 41, 67 NKJV] 15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. ... 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. ... 67 Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying:

[Luke 2:25 NKJV] 25 And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name [was] Simeon, and this man [was] just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

[Act 2:4, 38 NKJV] 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. ... 38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

[Act 4:8, 31 NKJV] 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: ... 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

[Act 6:3, 5 NKJV] 3 "Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of [good] reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; ... 5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,

[Act 7:55 NKJV] 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,

[Act 8:15, 17 NKJV] 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. ... 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

I do agree with you that those who have the Holy Spirit in them or on them, that they would not go around bragging or flaunting it. It also seems fairly clear to me that having the Holy Spirt come upon someone. that it is more of a Holy Spiritual covering or surrounding from the outside, and not from someone's insides (hope that makes sense).
It is also extremely clear that the Holy Spirit comes and goes as He chooses; not as we choose. Also, the Holy Spirit will leave people who are not following God; such as King Saul, etc.
I find this subject interesting. Thoughts anyone? 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
78d

@kingdavid403 said
because those who go around saying they have the holy Spirit in them do really blaspheme Jesus' soul, by such false claims.

[Psalm 51:11 NKJV] 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

[Isiah 63:11 NKJV] 11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses [and] his people, [saying]: "Where [is] He who brought them up out o ...[text shortened]... e not following God; such as King Saul, etc.
I find this subject interesting. Thoughts anyone? 🙂
In the OT He would come out go, not the NT, He comes to lead us and teach us, without the Spirit of God we don’t belong to Him.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
78d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
In the OT He would come out go, not the NT, He comes to lead us and teach us, without the Spirit of God we don’t belong to Him.
not the NT,
What about Judas? Before his fall, he was sent out by Jesus along with the others to preach and perform many miracles, healing the sick and even raising the dead. Or, are you talking about after Christ's death and Resurrection?
He comes to lead us and teach us, without the Spirit of God we don’t belong to Him.
I agree mostly. So is the Holy Spirit on you? in you? or around you? or all the above?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
78d

@kingdavid403 said
not the NT,
What about Judas? Before his fall, he was sent out by Jesus along with the others to preach and perform many miracles, healing the sick and even raising the dead. Or, are you talking about after Christ's death and Resurrection?
He comes to lead us and teach us, without the Spirit of God we don’t belong to Him.
I agree mostly. So is the Holy Spirit on you? in you? or around you? or all the above?
Romans 8:9 ESV
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Judas did walk with the Lord and turned away, but the work God did through Him remained, none of the people who came to God through Judas were suddenly cast out because Judas was involved.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
78d

@kellyjay said
Romans 8:9 ESV
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Judas did walk with the Lord and turned away, but the work God did through Him remained, none of the people who came to God through Judas were suddenly cast out because Judas was involved.
So how does one know that the Holy Spirit dwells in them? Besides ones faith in the Biblical scriptures.

Moves
78d

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. AND WHEN HE COMES, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD IN REGARD TO SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS AND JUDGEMENT:…...

There was, and will never be, a wiser sage than the one who said, 'God is righteous; and of mankind, those who are most like him are most righteous.'

Listen you two, the spirit of Christ means being like Christ in the way we live. Christ-like is being in the spirit of Christ. God-like is also in the spirit of God, and it too means the same, since God is righteous, and man is to live righteously. And to become like God is to become holy, just, and true, as far as this is possible for humans.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
78d

@kingdavid403 said
So how does one know that the Holy Spirit dwells in them? Besides ones faith in the Biblical scriptures.
What does the scripture teach, the fruit of the Spirit, and your life changes? If your life doesn't change, if your life is no different before your profession of faith why would you think Jesus is your Lord and Savior? Jesus said His sheep know His voice and He knows them, if you don't know, what is your claim, "I hope so." It isn't like Jesus lied He has made promises, as well as others are found in the scriptures, they all can be trusted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
78d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. AND WHEN HE COMES, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD IN REGARD TO SIN ...[text shortened]... ly. And to become like God is to become holy, just, and true, as far as this is possible for humans.
Without the Spirit of God in someone's life do you think they have any hope of being like Christ? The righteousness God gives us due to our faith in Christ is due to our faith, and our faith will cause us to want to do His will, unlike what happens when we are left to ourselves. Salvation is the work of God.

Galatians 4:18-20
English Standard Version
It is always good to be made much of for a good purpose, and not only when I am present with you, my little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you! I wish I could be present with you now and change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
78d

@pettytalk said

But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. AND WHEN HE COMES, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD IN REGARD TO SIN ...[text shortened]... ly. And to become like God is to become holy, just, and true, as far as this is possible for humans.
The Holy Spirit is God, and unlike Christ when Jesus walked the earth, He can be with each of us at the same time for all time.

Luke 11
And he said to them, “Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

K

Moves
63d

@divegeester
I think God's grace is freely extended to humans but must be APPROPRIATED by faith in order to be saved.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
63d

@kingfischer72 said
@divegeester
I think God's grace is freely extended to humans but must be APPROPRIATED by faith in order to be saved.
👍

Moves
63d

@kingfischer72 said
@divegeester
Thanks for letting me know what you think.

K

Moves
49d

@PettyTalk
God was IN Christ, NOT imputing our sins to us. Grace is how He deals with us today. It is no longer a "sin question", but rather a "SON question". You will be accountable for what you did with His Son. We live in a "dispensation of grace, NOT the Law.