1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 00:52
    Originally posted by roigam
    If you read it, it is not the JW's understanding. They stick to what the Bible says,
    It is the understanding of individuals who are or were members of the JW's.
    If something is published by the JW organisation in its official magazine and then it turns out to be wrong, do you think that the solution is to declare that the error was not made by the JW organisation?
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 00:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here is what you posted.

"As far as the 1975 item, I explained in another thread that the JW's never foretold that date. [b]It was anticipated
    wrongly by enthusiastic members who did on an individual basis say they thought 1975 would be the end of this unsuccessful system of things. The official JW publication, the Watchtower did correct what th ...[text shortened]... ld bits above - in what you posted - are references to the incorrect prophesies made by the JWs.
    So you either don't understand semantics or you have little appreciation of sense stress.
    i.e. correct ...members mistakenly said; expected; surmised; conjectured; anticipation;
    erroneous views; mistakes or misconceptions (of individuals); etc.
    It was obviously not the official view of the JW organization.
    Why try to put it on them?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 00:58
    So you either don't understand semantics or you have little appreciation of sense stress.
    i.e. correct ...members mistakenly said; expected; surmised; conjectured; anticipation;
    So JWs writing in the JWs official publication on the subject of JW doctrines and predictions suddenly became not JWs writing on the subject of official JW doctrines and predictions in the JW official publication when it turned out that the predictions were wrong? They suddenly became "individuals"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 00:59
    Who is the "them" you are referring to?
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 02:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is the "them" you are referring to?
    Are you a casuist too, or just trying to be annoying?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 02:48
    Annoying
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 02:523 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Annoying
    Good job!!! 😲 😀 5 more minutes.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 03:16
    He 3:4 Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.
    The universe is God's creation, His intellectual property, so legally He can do whatever He wants to do with it (including us), or for it.

What He wants to do is: (1 Timothy 2:4) whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accu ...[text shortened]... turn to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
    Romans 9:14-21
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 05:21
    You said "Why try to put it on them?" where "it" means responsibility for the incorrect predictions, and "them" appears to mean the JW organization.

The predictions were published in the JW organization's magazine. Surely, you cannot seriously be claiming that JWs making predictions in the JW organization's official publication based on their understanding of the Bible suddenly became "individuals" and - somehow - suddenly became not part of the JW organization once it turned out that what they had made incorrect predictions based on their understanding of the Bible?

Surely, that is not the extraordinary intellectual contortion that your fierce groupist loyalty has left you knotted in?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 05:35
    I think he is bringing up good points.

How do jw handle the official prophesies that did not come true. It looks like there is a documented list of failed prophecies from around 1976 and 1914.

Do they pull the mormon thing of claming old prophets don't count and only modern prophets count?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:01
    Hello roigam.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:10
    i an part duck. I let a lot of things "roll off my back".
    I presume this your perspective of "ducking" out of discussion when it becomes awkward for you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:13
    Again...

These people (prophets) and the publication in which they wrote represented your religion at the time and they were wrong. They were false prophets. Hiding behind excuses about good intentions, no malice, over eagerness and even admitting "mistakes" does not change this fact.

The bible says that those who's prophesies do not come true are false prophets. It's plain and simple.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hello roigam.
    Yup, gone again.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:17
    thump your bump
    what I do with my time is my business.
    I have no obligation to deal with biased false statements.
    You don't play chess here anymore so presumably the only reason you come here is to posts in this forum, so it seems a little lightweight of you to come here dump a few posts about your cult church and then not show the fortitude or forum etiquette to respond to those people who engage with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree