1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 04:04
    The best time to read the Bible prayerfully or/and out loud is in the morning. Or at the beginning of your day, whenever that may be.

Reserving a TIME to read God's word as a first transaction of your typical day is very, very powerful.

START your day with the Bible. That is potent.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 05:285 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    No.
    But do not be surprised if along the way I refer to the experience of others who have gone before.

Now, so as not to waste this posting space. Reading the Bible can hardly be the copyrighted original concept of some Christian teacher. The thought of this is silly.
    Neither I nor anyone else has suggested any such thing.
    What has been pointed out is that you repeatedly post other people's ministry in this forum unrererenced and without acknowledging the author of which ever book or audio tape you got it from; effectively pass it it off as your own.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 13:275 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester

i wasn't really thinking about that, consciously anyway.

What has been pointed out is that you repeatedly post other people's ministry in this forum unrererenced and without acknowledging the author of which ever book or audio tape you got it from; effectively pass it it off as your own.

And it has been pointed out that this accusation is not true. It is a false accusation.
    And its repetition brings into question to me your integrity, sorry to say.

It is your imagination that I INTEND to pass on something as my own when HUNDREDS of times over the past years I quoted when I wished, referenced when I wished, links to books which spoke of matters that I spoke to.

I wish I could tell this directly to your face. You are a fool to concoct a slander here that I am on an ego trip to pass on as my original inventions what I have received in fellowship and in personal experience confirming that fellowship.

I really don't think we need to go over this again. The fact of the matter is the considerable writing I do comes directly out of my own study of the Word before God.

It seems that your alternative to effectively refuting some points which you didn't like, you opted instead for formulating a false accusation of plagiarism against me.

I have quoted books before I met you on this Forum. I was not prompted to begin doing so because of concern for your attacks.

What I see is that INSTEAD of being able to effectively refute many things based on Scripture you opted for a red herring - "Accuse sonship of being a plagiarizing copycat, working on his own empire, and not sourcing ideas to others who taught such things before he did."

Its a silly game. My conscience is clear. ANYBODY who wades though my posts knows that "This dude seems to repeat a lot of what Watchman Nee and Witness Lee taught".
    Which is just fine with me. I prefer that they be able to go off and learn more.

In fact, I would that some would be so interested to be able to flag me and say - "Well sonship, you know, that is not exactly what Nee or Lee taught. Right here is where they were different from what you said."

I am not finished yet. Look, you CANNOT speak EXACTLY like someone else. You cannot avoid picking up some of "me" even as I try to adhere to Nee and Lee.

Now if you don't mind, and even if you do, I'd like to get BACK to good practices in reading the Bible. (I feel a bit grumpy this morning, Sorry).
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 14:29

[quote]
    What has been pointed out is that you repeatedly post other people's ministry in this forum unrererenced and without acknowledging the author of which ever book or audio tape you got it from; effectively pass it it ...[text shortened]... to get BACK to good practices in reading the Bible. (I feel a bit grumpy this morning, Sorry).
    Methinks you protest too much 😉
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 14:30
    I really don't think we need to go over this again.
    You brought the topic up, in the post I was previously replying to.😕
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 14:31
    Well why did you write it then?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 14:333 edits
    In fact, I would that some would be so interested to be able to flag me and say -
    "Well sonship, you know, that is not exactly what Nee or Lee taught. Right here is where they were different from what you said."
    There is nothing I read from you that I couldn't get in a book by someone else.
    Even your Strange Beliefs™ are someone else's strange beliefs which you have adopted.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is nothing I read from you that I couldn't get in a book by someone else.
    Even your Strange Beliefs™ are someone else's strange beliefs which you have adopted.
    Thats what a brainless copycat does.. The man is incapable of rational intelligent original thought.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 06:481 edit
    The best time to read the Bible before God is at the start of your day.
    It is an excellent practice to let the first transaction of your day to be to spend time in God's word.

This is akin to playing chess. The first thing which is good to do is to make sure you get your share of space in the middle of the board. The analogy is good. God will honor this when you set aside the commencement of your day with His word.

God will bless and honor this. And you'll find that His speaking to the intimacy and details of your particular situation are very clear - first thing at the beginning of each day.

A few helpful words from a great book:

From A Time With The Lord by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=1DACCE

In the physical realm we need to spend time daily to obtain physical nourishment by eating physical food. How much more time we need to spend to obtain spiritual nourishment by eating the spiritual food. According to the present situation nearly all Christians know how to study, memorize, meditate, and search the Scriptures for knowledge, but very few know how to come to the Word of God to enjoy the Lord and to receive spiritual nourishment.

As people who have God living within them, we need to set aside some time each day to come to the Word of God to enjoy Him, to feed upon Him, and to receive spiritual nourishment. From the experiences and testimonies of others, it is clear that we need to spend at least thirty minutes with the Lord each day to contact Him and be strengthened by Him. During this time we need to read and to pray, and this cannot be done adequately in ten minutes. A longer time is necessary in order to read and pray properly. Even half an hour for reading and praying is too short, but surely we can spend half an hour with the Lord every day to pray-read His Word, and the best time for this is in the morning.

During this thirty minutes we must forget about knowledge, a message, a movement, or a work, etc. All this must be forgotten and our whole attention given to spending proper and adequate time in the Lord's presence. As sons of God this is the first and primary daily experience into which all Christians must be brought. For at least thirty minutes each day, we must learn not to exercise our mind too much, but simply to exercise our spirit in pray-reading. It is impossible for any Christian who spends less than thirty minutes daily in the presence of the Lord to be adequately spiritual and healthy. This is a fixed principle. Can anyone be healthy who does not eat daily?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 06:59
    Another great principle is to read consecutively through a book. Recently I read some short books cosequtively through in a few sittings.

I read First and Second Thessalonians a few weeks ago. It didn't take long and it was wonderful. I noticed and was touched by many new things that were fresh to me.

I read Malachi through on two occasions.
    My wife just finished consecutively reading through Deuteronomy.

To pick a book and read through it consecutively in a few settings is a very good practice.
    You can read three chapters each morning.
    Or you can read three chapters each day.

You do not have to rush of feel you must keep up a schedule. But to muse upon, meditate, and digest what you read opening up your whole being to God, is the main thing of importance.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:20
    Another great principle is to read consecutively through a book. Recently I read some short books cosequtively through in a few sittings.

I read [b]First and Second Thessalonians
    a few weeks ago. It didn't take long and it was wonderful. I noticed and was touched by many new things that were fresh to me.

I read Malachi through on two occasio ...[text shortened]... e, and digest what you read opening up your whole being to God, is the main thing of importance.[/b]
    " It is impossible for any Christian who spends less than thirty minutes daily in the presence of the Lord to be adequately spiritual and healthy. This is a fixed principle."

How is this a 'fixed principle?'
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    " It is impossible for any Christian who spends less than thirty minutes daily in the presence of the Lord to be adequately spiritual and healthy. This is a fixed principle."

Good question.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 08:012 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

That's the only thing you noticed to make issue of ?
    Out of all the good things written in those paragraphs, that is what you honed in on to be stumbled at ?

It seems that you came to the paragraphs with a pre-planned attitude to hunt for something to raise as an objection. Here is a writing trying to help seekers of God to obtain some healthy habits to daily benefit spiritually from the Bible. But you diligently apply your skeptical mind to locate something to raise as a possible objection.

This is why it is difficult to give some posters a benefit of a doubt.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 08:10
    It is good to come to the Bible with a heart focused on touching God. Jesus said "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God."

This "pure in heart" means you come single and calibrated to one thing. Many people cannot derive blessing from the Bible because they have too many motives in their heart.

I advise that a short moment can be used to calibrate your heart to a single intention. You come to the Bible to drop for the time many, many other plans. Here you wish to just see God, experience God, be in touch with God. You can stand upon the promise of Christ.

"Dear God, I make my heart single this morning. Lord God I focus on one matter at this time - to come to You in Your living Word."

That's a good opening prayer before you have your time (however long you have) to be in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree