Intelligent? Design

Intelligent? Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
I am quite sure changing what I have said may make your argument easier to make. I simply ask you to limit your argument to debating what I am actually saying instead of changing my words into something I have not said or announce as my point.
I'm not changing your words, I'm following your logic and pointing out that there is a flaw. You state that complexity requires design.
Which leads me to ask - Does your designer require a designer?
So is it yes or no?

Maryland

Moves
08 Dec 16

Evolution works from the simple to the complex where as ID works from the complex to the simple (minded). Now I have to ask, which makes more sense?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by 667joe
Who ever designed the Mercedes at least had enough sense not to put the spark plugs near the gas tank!
But not enough sense in putting on a hood ornament that stuck up waiting to be broken off 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by stellspalfie
I'm not changing your words, I'm following your logic and pointing out that there is a flaw. You state that complexity requires design.
Which leads me to ask - Does your designer require a designer?
So is it yes or no?
No

Moves
09 Dec 16

No
Excellent, good answer!!

Next question - Is God more or less complex than an amoeba?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

No
So before even the CONCEPT of universes your god existed in some kind of open space, not on a planet?

Do you think it would have gotten bored with that life? How much time went by before it got enough nerve up to start creating universes?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Dec 16

Excellent, good answer!!

Next question - Is God more or less complex than an amoeba?
Well since an amoeba has material parts and God is a Spirit, difficult to answer.
I'd say more since some of God's qualities are beyond our grasp, such as He is every
where in His completeness so there isn't anything He isn't aware of all at once, and He
isn't confined to this universe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
So before even the CONCEPT of universes your god existed in some kind of open space, not on a planet?

Do you think it would have gotten bored with that life? How much time went by before it got enough nerve up to start creating universes?
In the beginning God created this universe, so it stands to reason He isn't apart of it since
He was around before it was made. Where that is in relationship to us in our universe I
have no idea.

Moves
09 Dec 16

Well since an amoeba has material parts and God is a Spirit, difficult to answer.
I'd say more since some of God's qualities are beyond our grasp, such as He is every
where in His completeness so there isn't anything He isn't aware of all at once, and He
isn't confined to this universe.
So we are going for God is more complex. Brilliant. So if a more complex thing like God does not require a designer, then it stands to reason that a less complex thing doesn't need a designer either. Simples.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

So we are going for God is more complex. Brilliant. So if a more complex thing like God does not require a designer, then it stands to reason that a less complex thing doesn't need a designer either. Simples.
Did the universe create itself? Or has it always existed?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Did the universe create itself? Or has it always existed?
You expect humans to answer that? In light of the fact that modern science is only a few hundred years old?

Come back in a thousand years, assuming science GETS another thousand years of growth and there might be a real answer to that question.

Science is still in kindergarten, a long way to go yet.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

You expect humans to answer that? In light of the fact that modern science is only a few hundred years old?

Come back in a thousand years, assuming science GETS another thousand years of growth and there might be a real answer to that question.

Science is still in kindergarten, a long way to go yet.
So if all the current evidence points towards a universe having a beginning we should close our eyes and put our fingers in our ears and wait another thousand years?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

So if all the current evidence points towards a universe having a beginning we should close our eyes and put our fingers in our ears and wait another thousand years?
You say you are a physicist, so you must know the BB is still theoretical even though it answers some of the problems inherent in that.

There also are hypotheses we live in a multiverse wih extra dimentions so the book has definitely not been written yet about the nature of the universe or universes. You probably already know about the parent universe hypothesis also, our universe is a white hole coming from a black hole in a parent universe and by extension then black holes in our universe making a white pole poking into another universe, making that universe and so forth, leading to the possibility there are in fact an infinite # of universes.

Of course all that is just conjecture at this point, I am making no claim to knowledge anywone else has on the subject, that about covers MY incredibly vast knowledge🙂

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

You say you are a physicist, so you must know the BB is still theoretical even though it answers some of the problems inherent in that.

There also are hypotheses we live in a multiverse wih extra dimentions so there is
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

All the evidence seems to indicate, that the universe has not existed forever, but that it had a beginning, about 15 billion years ago.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 16

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

All the evidence seems to indicate, that the universe has not existed forever, but that it had a beginning, about 15 billion years ago.
Yes, of course that is what the evidence says for OUR universe, but the bit about the clock starting 15 odd billion years ago could just be our LOCAL clock starting if there are other universes out there, and of course I fully realize that is conjecture but it cannot be proven or disproven ATT so it is not in the realm of science, I know that. It has yet to be proven OUR clock is the only one.