1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:45
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Punishing someone for somebody else's actions is immoral.
    Your views of evil don't seem to be correct since we do it all the time, nations go to war
    with nations due to things the leadership of nations do. We will each given an account
    of our individual lives yes, but nations rise and fall all the time due to the actions of those
    in charge as do households.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:575 edits
    Intelligent Design as a scientific theory is SATISFIED at the point of acknowledging that some biological systems have a greater probability of being intelligently designed.

ID as a science interprize is not about "Do you like the design?"
    And it is not about "If God is good WHY would God design such a design?"

That moves out of the realm of the scientific to the philosophical or theological matter.
    ID arrives at its destination and really stops with the recognition of intelligent agency as the more probable source of the designing of biological systems.

The prostate could be the poor design of God.
    The prostate could be the good design of God.
    The prostate could be the so-so design of super intelligent atheists from planet X.

ID as a scientific enterprise stops at the recognition that the biological organ, whether optimal or sub-optimal, is more probably intelligently designed.

"If God is so good and intelligent, then WHY would God allow the prostate to develop cancer?" moves into a different discipline.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't have clue about my beliefs if that is what you think. I do believe man's wickedness
    is going to increase, but God will cut it off and end it along with all who do evil.
    I wasn't talking about man's wickedness, I was talking about your God's.

Your God isn't going to 'end all who do evil'. He is going to keep them alive and roast them in hell for all eternity, for no possible conceivable reason. Along, of course, with billions of people who are not, in any sensible sense of the word, evil.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:22
    Your views of evil don't seem to be correct since we do it all the time, nations go to war
    with nations due to things the leadership of nations do. We will each given an account
    of our individual lives yes, but nations rise and fall all the time due to the actions of those
    in charge as do households.
    I doubt I consider any of the examples you are thinking of as 'punishment'. And even if they are, I expect I think they are immoral.

So unless you are prepared to be more explicit, I stand by my statement.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:50
    I wasn't talking about man's wickedness, I was talking about your God's.

Your God isn't going to 'end all who do evil'. He is going to keep them alive and roast them in hell for all eternity, for no possible conceivable reason. Along, of course, with billions of people who are not, in any sensible sense of the word, evil.
    The thing you are upset about is how God gives us the ability to do the evil we want to and
    does not stop us until He sees fit. The only wicked ones in that conversation is man and
    the only one man is harming is man and what man owns and requires, at some point God
    stops that. Evil is going to be dealt with eternally, as God sees fit since it is His Kingdom
    to do with as He wills not yours I don't see Him working out His will as anything other than
    his right.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:51
    I doubt I consider any of the examples you are thinking of as 'punishment'. And even if they are, I expect I think they are immoral.

So unless you are prepared to be more explicit, I stand by my statement.
    God is showing us His Grace and Mercy and His Wrath, you liking it isn't required.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 15:221 edit
    The thing you are upset about is how God gives us the ability to do the evil we want to and
    does not stop us until He sees fit. The only wicked ones in that conversation is man and
    the only one man is harming is man and what man owns and requires, at some point God
    stops that. Evil is going to be dealt with eternally, as God sees fit since it is His King ...[text shortened]... th as He wills not yours I don't see Him working out His will as anything other than
    his right.
    I think I made it clear that the thing I am upset about is the idea of torturing innocent people for all eternity.

Imagine you had a child (I don't care whether you do - let's keep this hypothetical) and imagine he/she does not meet the required standards to get into heaven but you do.

Quite why you would want to spend eternity in the knowledge that your own child is being tortured for all eternity, and to spend it praising the being that could put an end to his/her suffering with a click of his finger, is quite beyond me. It is genuinely repugnant.

(Actually, to be honest, I don't think you can explain this either, which is why you fall back on a lot of generic waffle.)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 16:51
    I think I made it clear that the thing I am upset about is the idea of torturing innocent people for all eternity.

Imagine you had a child (I don't care whether you do - let's keep this hypothetical) and imagine he/she does not meet the required standards to get into heaven but you do.

Quite why you would want to spend eternity in the knowledge ...[text shortened]... don't think you can explain this either, which is why you fall back on a lot of generic waffle.)
    Only sinners
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 17:20
    Originally posted by sonship
    Intelligent Design as a scientific theory is SATISFIED at the point of acknowledging that some biological systems have a greater probability of being intelligently designed.

That moves out of the realm of ...[text shortened]... hen WHY would God allow the prostate to develop cancer?" [/i] moves into a different discipline.

Could you name a biological system or two and lay out the math which demonstrates that these biological system's 'have a greater probability of being intelligently designed'?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 17:27
    Only sinners
    Take Fred.

Fred, now 87 and on his death bed, has spent his life trying to be the best person he could be. During the war he heroically saved the lives of his battalion and had touched the lives of many people in his long, but difficult life. In his final years he had suffered much, both in his failing health and loss of loved ones. Now Fred wasn't a saint and done wrong things in his life, which included theft as a young man and incidents of adultery. He felt remorse for his wrong doings and tried to make amends the best he could. - Fred spent his life as an atheist, and died the same.

Two questions:

1. Is Fred a sinner?
    2. Does Fred deserve to burn in hell for all eternity?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 18:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Take Fred.

Fred, now 87 and on his death bed, has spent his life trying to be the best person he could be. During the war he heroically saved the lives of his battalion and had touched the lives of many people in his long, but difficult life. In his final years he had suffered much, both in his failing health and loss of loved ones. Now Fred wasn ...[text shortened]...
    Two questions:

1. Is Fred a sinner?
    2. Does Fred deserve to burn in hell for all eternity?
    Did Fred sin, yes as all have therefore all are guilty. Are some of the all not as bad as others yes, but the best of us are not good enough.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 18:591 edit
    Did Fred sin, yes as all have therefore all are guilty. Are some of the all not as bad as others yes, but the best of us are not good enough.
    Thanks. But the second question asked, 'Does Fred deserve to burn in hell for all eternity?'

Edit: I appreciate question 2 is the harder one to answer.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 19:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Thanks. But the second question asked, 'Does Fred deserve to burn in hell for all eternity?'

Edit: I appreciate question 2 is the harder one to answer.
    We are all sinners before a Holy God who is Lord of all creation who does not tolerate evil, there will be an account for every evil deed an word. You will find no one righteous before God who will stand before God righteous in their own right; moreover, scripture declared all who do not believe in Jesus are condemned all ready.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 19:39
    Originally posted by sonship

That moves out of the realm of ...[text shortened]... hen WHY would God allow the prostate to develop cancer?" [/i] moves into a different discipline.
    So your god must like fish more than humans since sharks seldom get cancer and some of them live to be 400 years old. What's wrong with this picture?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 19:42
    We are all sinners before a Holy God who is Lord of all creation who does not tolerate evil, there will be an account for every evil deed an word. You will find no one righteous before God who will stand before God righteous in their own right; moreover, scripture declared all who do not believe in Jesus are condemned all ready.
    So atheist war hero Fred is going to hell.

Gotcha.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree