1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 19:16
    @galveston75 said
    We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....

Back in reality, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him.

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 19:22
    I'm not sure if galveston75 was lying in his assertion, hoped other posters didn't know the history of his church, or simply didn't know the history himself...
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 07:37
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm not sure if galveston75 was lying in his assertion, hoped other posters didn't know the history of his church, or simply didn't know the history himself...
    Well, this was way back when they followed the KJV.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 08:40
    @suzianne said
    Well, this was way back when they followed the KJV.
    Indeed, but shows that his assertion that his church 'never worshiped Jesus' is erroneous.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 12:211 edit
    As an aside:

'In the original Hebrew language, God’s name as revealed to Moses at the burning bush is rendered as YHWH—or Yahweh, meaning “I Am.” Ancient Hebrew was a consonantal language (no vowels). Out of reverence for God, faithful Jews would not even speak his name, so when YHWH was written in the biblical scrolls, the scribes would write the markings for the vowel sounds a-o-a for the word adonai (Lord) directly over YHWH so that anyone reading the scroll would know to say adonai rather than Yahweh. - Along comes a Catholic monk and, seeing the vowel markings over YHWH, thought they were part of the actual spelling of God’s name and thus combined YHWH with a-o-a, making YaHoWaH, which eventually became “Jehovah.”

So every time JWs insist on the use of God’s name, they are actually promoting a corrupted form of it. (Based on an error made by a Catholic monk).

www.catholic.com
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 13:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He knows but members are told not to discuss their horrendous past with outsiders or to make excuses why these doctrines were followed then. So I expect some excuses. One other stupid things JWs did [which they try to bury in the past] was to build a house in San Deigo called Beth Shan [not sure of the name], to house patriarchs of the bible who were expected to return to earth in 1930 or thereabouts. Eventually the JW leader when there to live making some excuse why it never happened.

Their history is full of nonsense, false doctrines, false prophecies and just outright lies.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 08:54
    @rajk999 said
    He knows but members are told not to discuss their horrendous past with outsiders or to make excuses why these doctrines were followed then. So I expect some excuses. One other stupid things JWs did [which they try to bury in the past] was to build a house in San Deigo called Beth Shan [not sure of the name], to house patriarchs of the bible who were expected to return to ...[text shortened]... ned.

Their history is full of nonsense, false doctrines, false prophecies and just outright lies.
    It's a very cowardly strategy that simultaneously leaves them wide open to ridicule.

Here we have a Jehovah's witness boldly claiming their church has never worshipped Jesus, and yet when it is presented to them that the very founder of their church advocated for the Worship of Jesus, they don't even attempt to defend their position.

The hope that the question will just go away if not answered is a very naïve strategy, especially when deployed against an atheist who detects blood in the water.
  8. Standard memberCarnivorum
    Grandpatzer
    Earth
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 13:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    As an aside:

'In the original Hebrew language, God’s name as revealed to Moses at the burning bush is rendered as YHWH—or Yahweh, meaning “I Am.” Ancient Hebrew was a consonantal language (no vowels). Out of reverence for God, faithful Jews would not even speak his name, so when YHWH was written in the biblical scrolls, the scribes would write the markings for the ...[text shortened]... y promoting a corrupted form of it. (Based on an error made by a Catholic monk).

www.catholic.com
    So we agree that Y-H-W-H is God.

And since He says in the beginning of the ten commandments: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    3 “You shall have no other gods before me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, Y-H-W-H your God, am a jealous God,"
    Ex 29

Therefore, whether or not the J-H-V-H witnesses did or did not worship JC, they are now totally right not to worship any other God then the one and only true God Y-H-W-H.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 13:49
    @carnivorum said
    So we agree that Y-H-W-H is God.

And since He says in the beginning of the ten commandments: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    3 “You shall have no other gods before me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not ...[text shortened]... JC, they are now totally right not to worship any other God then the one and only true God Y-H-W-H.
    But not Jehovah, hey?

As an aside, feel free to evidence why the Christian God has any more validity that the Hindu Gods or any of the other worshipped Gods out there. All can point to creation as evidence of their chosen deity and have their own religious books.
  10. Standard memberCarnivorum
    Grandpatzer
    Earth
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 15:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    But not Jehovah, hey?

As an aside, feel free to evidence why the Christian God has any more validity that the Hindu Gods or any of the other worshipped Gods out there. All can point to creation as evidence of their chosen deity and have their own religious books.
    J-H-V-H or Y-H-W-H is the same. The exact pronunciation is not known today, so one is as good as the other.

God has given a sign, as to which God is the the true God:

https://tinyurl.com/divine-sign
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 15:51
    @carnivorum said
    J-H-V-H or Y-H-W-H is the same. The exact pronunciation is not known today, so one is as good as the other.

God has given a sign, as to which God is the the true God:

https://tinyurl.com/divine-sign
    Fair enough. Shiva is the true God.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 21:12
    galveston75 was last seen hiding under a table.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 21:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    galveston75 was last seen hiding under a table.
    Most likely he is consulting with the elders on how to refute some of the statements here on RHP. He should be back in a few months.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 01:08
    @Rajk999
    Nope no running here. Been out of town. My wife's mother has incurable cancer and she has to be with her as much as possible. Sorry but you are not my priority. Plus you my friend are a waist of time.......
    Can't wait to hear your sick remarks on this.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 01:19
    @Carnivorum

Go to JW.ORG and go to "How Many Names Does God Have?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree