1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 18:51
    @pettytalk said
    And so we have that old saying: 'Good things come to those who wait.' How long must we wait for Christ's return? We'll ask Jesus if it's all right to worship him.

If the JW do not believe in the Trinity, then Jesus, although supposedly the son of Jehovah, is still technically another god not to be worshiped. The Christian sects which believe in the Trinity are, technical ...[text shortened]... person's enemies will be those of his own household."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWRMwERB45k
    This is a fascinating passage for me; what can Jesus be referring to? Well it can’t be the beatitudes, it can’t be the feeding the poor or healing the sick and it can’t be stuff like “love your neighbour”.

To my way of thinking it is the nature of the Godhead and also the claims Jesus made about himself and which inevitably got him executed. He challenged the status quo and made God directly accessible to everyone on a one to one basis. No need for clergy, priests, “Fathers”, hierarchies, organisations.

He said anyone can come to god through him, and he also said no one comes to god without him. In my mind these are the two edges of the “sword” Jesus speaks of.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 02:10
    @divegeester said
    This is a fascinating passage for me; what can Jesus be referring to? Well it can’t be the beatitudes, it can’t be the feeding the poor or healing the sick and it can’t be stuff like “love your neighbour”.

To my way of thinking it is the nature of the Godhead and also the claims Jesus made about himself and which inevitably got him executed. He challenged the status q ...[text shortened]... no one comes to god without him. In my mind these are the two edges of the “sword” Jesus speaks of.
    I have to respect your opinion on the passage, because I was also expressing an opinion.

One must consider all opinions when the truth is not known. Sometimes the really odd-ball opinion may be closer to truth than an opinion which sounds best.

In Revelation, if accepted as being just as trustworthy as the 4 Gospels, we must put further thought on the double-edged sword coming out of Jesus' mouth. The Jesus on the Second Advent is not a Prince of Peace, but rather a warrior King of kings coming to kill and destroy the living.

May we all rest in peace, as they say of the dead who were once the living.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 04:341 edit
    @pettytalk said
    I have to respect your opinion on the passage, because I was also expressing an opinion.

One must consider all opinions when the truth is not known. Sometimes the really odd-ball opinion may be closer to truth than an opinion which sounds best.

In Revelation, if accepted as being just as trustworthy as the 4 Gospels, we must put further thought on the double-edged sw ...[text shortened]... destroy the living.

May we all rest in peace, as they say of the dead who were once the living.
    At the Second Coming, Jesus will finally be the Messiah of the Jews, who always expected a warrior messiah to free the Jews. This is why they rejected Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah. And he's not coming to "destroy the living". He's coming to judge Man and to conquer Satan and his lieutenants. Jews and Christians will finally be reconciled.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 00:45
    @suzianne said
    At the Second Coming, Jesus will finally be the Messiah of the Jews, who always expected a warrior messiah to free the Jews. This is why they rejected Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah. And he's not coming to "destroy the living". He's coming to judge Man and to conquer Satan and his lieutenants. Jews and Christians will finally be reconciled.
    With justice he judges and wages war....Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.....He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

Satan and his lieutenants? Satan has no higher ranking officers in his hellish army?

Satan is the Field Marshal of God's Armies.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 05:07
    @pettytalk said
    With justice he judges and wages war....Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.....He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

Satan and his lieutenants? Satan has no higher ranking officers in his hellish army?

Satan is the Field Marshal of God's Armies.
    Don't confuse him with Michael.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree