John 1:1

John 1:1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Well, let me explain robbie; arguing about the nuances of scripture is just "smoke and mirrors" compared to covering up child sex abuse. Got it now?
No I don't think I have, this discussion is about John 1:1 a scripture which you know practically nothing about as evidenced by your refusal to say anything about its translation because you don't know anything about translation and thats why you need to resort to the usual dull trolling. You are possibly the most uneducated Christian on this forum and you seem to frequent the forum simply as a convenient place to express that ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest–penitent_privilege

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
This is untrue, Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Christ is an archangel and the only one. He has a position above that of angels and everything else with the exception of the father.
Where do JW get their info on Archangels since evidently there are more than one.

In any case, both Jesus and Satan are created beings, they are both angels.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Where do JW get their info on Archangels since evidently there are more than one.

In any case, both Jesus and Satan are created beings, they are both angels.
There is evidently more than one. Where is there evidently more than one.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Dec 16

No I don't think I have, this discussion is about John 1:1 a scripture which you know practically nothing about as evidenced by your refusal to say anything about its translation because you don't know anything about translation and thats why you need to resort to the usual dull trolling. You are possibly the most uneducated Christian on this forum ...[text shortened]... ient place to express that ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest–penitent_privilege
You got it alright.

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

There is evidently more than one. Where is there evidently more than one.
Perhaps Michael

He is mentioned in Daniel 10 as well as Jude. I think in Jewish tradition there are 7.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16
3 edits

Perhaps Michael

He is mentioned in Daniel 10 as well as Jude. I think in Jewish tradition there are 7.
So we have gone from evidently there are more than one to possibly there are. Is Michael termed an archangel? Jewish tradition has no bearing on what is recorded in scripture.

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

So we have gone from evidently there are more than one to possibly there are. Is Michael termed an archangel? Jewish tradition has no bearing on what is recorded in scripture.
Where is Jesus named an archangel?

You answer that question, I'll answer yours. Hypocrite.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16
1 edit

Where is Jesus named an archangel?

You answer that question, I'll answer yours. Hypocrite.
You made the claims not me, its not my fault you cannot substantiate the claims you make and need to resort to terming those who call you out for evidence as hypocrites. As has been pointed out to you there is only a single reference to an archangel in the Bible and that is where it states that Christ comes with an archangels voice. If you are going to continue in this petty manner I would be obliged if you engaged someone else.

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

You made the claims not me, its not my fault you cannot substantiate the claims you make and need to resort to terming those who call you out for evidence as hypocrites. As has been pointed out to you there is only a single reference to an archangel in the Bible and that is where it states that Christ comes with an archangels voice. If you are going to continue in this petty manner I would be obliged if you engaged someone else.
You made the claim Jesus is an Archangel, not me.

I provided as much evidence as you.

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Dec 16

Here is the Mormon version

[b] 1 In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God.

Both Mormons and JW try to teach that Jesus was in status just like Satan, an angel.[/b]
Are you a Mormon? Then please don't try to tell us what they think.

You'll probably just get that wrong, too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Dec 16

Jewish tradition has no bearing on what is recorded in scripture.
Really? Where do you get this nugget of wisdom?

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16

No you didn't, you provided nothing but an opinion that you could not substantiate. I provided a scriptural reference.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Really? Where do you get this nugget of wisdom?
Its self evident.

E

Moves
30 Dec 16

No you didn't, you provided nothing but an opinion that you could not substantiate. I provided a scriptural reference.
Daniel 10 and Jude.

Those are the scriptural references.

Exactly which scripture did you quote that Jesus is an archangel? Not a scripture you say implies because I will say the same for Daniel and Jude. Hypocrite, look in the mirror.