JWs and blood transfusions

JWs and blood transfusions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14
3 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
talking like a loony is enough proof for me that he understands his position is logically indefensible.
then answer the question, have not tens of thousands and quite possibly millions of persons been killed as a direct or indirect consequence of receiving an intravenous blood transfusion?

Lets see if you logic and integrity can answer that instead of subjecting us to the usual tabloid opinions you like to pander as reason?

can none of the people here bring themselves to address the reality, oh dear, perhaps you are incapable of addressing reality? and even rational thought as well😲

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then answer the question, have not tens of thousands and quite possibly millions of persons been killed as a direct or indirect consequence of receiving an intravenous blood transfusion?
Why don't you answer my question:

If blood transfusions were 100% safe, would you permit them?

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by menace71
My bad...... Corrected Divegeester pointed this out

Manny
I agree its sometimes hard to distinguish between one adherent of Meism than another, they all kind of look the same.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Sep 14

I agree its sometimes hard to distinguish between one adherent of Meism than another, they all kind of look the same.
What is "Meism"?

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14

then again, so do cabbages

Moves
30 Sep 14
1 edit

Lets see if you logic and integrity can answer that instead of subjecting us to the usual tabloid opinions you like to pander as reason?

can none of the people ...[text shortened]... y, oh dear, perhaps you are incapable of addressing reality? and even rational thought as well😲
ill answer yours but im expecting an honest answer to my questions in reply (a chance for you to show your integrity).

i have no doubt that over the years thousands of people have been killed as a direct or indirect consequence of receiving a blood transfusion.

if we take into consideration 3rd world countries then i would agree that the number is probably in the millions.

however there are many factors to take into consideration - how many of the millions were down to issues with process itself or down to human error and insufficient medical equipment. the fact remains that if the proper steps are taken and followed by qualified practitioners that blood transfusions are extremely safe.

and just as a comparison to the potential millions you mentioned. just look at one year alone in the u.s. medical system as a comparison. in 2008 there were over 24million transfusions and only 54 reported cases of potential life threatening conditions caused. thats 24 million in one year, in one country.

there you go an honest and in depth answer.....your turn.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14
5 edits

ill answer yours but im expecting an honest answer to my questions in reply (a chance for you to show your integrity).

i have no doubt that over the years thousands of people have been killed as a direct or indirect consequence of receiving a blood transfusion.

if we take into consideration 3rd world countries then i would agree that the number ...[text shortened]... illion in one year, in one country.

there you go an honest and in depth answer.....your turn.
you think it matters how they died, yes hundreds of thousands of people have been killed by intravenous blood transfusions, thank you, it seems you have admitted what none of these fantasy merchants could bring themselves to admit.

why limit it to the US, lets look at China, shall we?

Much of the current spread of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in China has been through intravenous drug use and prostitution. In China, the number of people affected by HIV has been estimated at between 430,000 and 1.5 million,[1] with some estimates going much higher.[2][3] In many rural areas of China during the 1990s, particularly in the province of Henan, hundreds of thousands up to millions of farmers and peasants were infected with HIV through participation in state-run blood collection programs in which contaminated equipment was reused!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_China

let me read that again so you get the import of it,

millions of farmers and peasants were infected with HIV through participation in state-run blood collection programs in which contaminated equipment was reused!

your attempts to mitigate both the scale and the seriousness of the matter are intellectually dishonest, it matters not how they were killed/infected, whether it was human error or contraction through infection, it kiils.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Sep 14

you think it matters how they died, yes hundreds of thousands of people have been killed by intravenous blood transfusions, thank you, it seems you have admitted what none of these fantasy merchants could bring themselves to admit.

Much of the current spread of the human immunodeficiency vir ...[text shortened]... hey were killed/infected, whether it was human error or contraction through infection, it kiils.
If blood transfusions were 100% safe, would you permit them?

Moves
30 Sep 14

Much of the current spread of the human immunodeficiency vir ...[text shortened]... hey were killed/infected, whether it was human error or contraction through infection, it kiils.
your turn to show your integrity.
do you agree that currently there are some medical conditions in which blood is more effective than blood substitutes.

do you agree that there are some medical conditions in which it would be dangerous to the patient to use blood substitutes rather than blood.

is using blood substitutes.................natural.

and....If blood transfusions were 100% safe, would you permit them?

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14
2 edits

your turn to show your integrity.
do you agree that currently there are some medical conditions in which blood is more effective than blood substitutes.

do you agree that there are some medical conditions in which it would be dangerous to the patient to use blood substitutes rather than blood.

is using blood substitutes.................natural.

and....If blood transfusions were 100% safe, would you permit them?
no i dont agree

no i dont agree

and some blood substitutes are recombinant and entirely artificially produced, such as Erythropoietin. I have no idea why you are slobbering about natural. It hardly natural to take someone else blood into your body.

and finally, No my objection is not whether it is safe or not, but based on a religious principle (abstain from blood) and philosophical (the right of self determination) , safety of procedure is meaningless in this context.

Moves
30 Sep 14
1 edit

no i dont agree

no i dont agree

and some blood substitutes are recombinant and entirely artificially produced, such as Erythropoietin. I have no idea why you are slobbering about natural. It hardly natural to take someone else blood into your body.

and finally, No my objection is not whether it is safe or not, but based on a religious pri ...[text shortened]... sophical (the right of self determination) , safety of procedure is meaningless in this context.
this probably irrelevant to you now that you have admitted the safety of the procedure is meaningless....but just so you know. in some procedures blood substitutes do not increase the red cell count quick enough resulting in the risk of death to the patient. although i fully support the future of blood substitutes and believe one day we will not need human blood, it should not be ignored that there are also health risks associated with using substitutes such as increased risk of heart attacks (around 30% ).

Moves
30 Sep 14

'. I have no idea why you are slobbering about natural. It hardly natural to take someone else blood into your body. '

you seem to take exception with some things for being unnatural and not others.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 14

this probably irrelevant to you now that you have admitted the safety of the procedure is meaningless....but just so you know. in some procedures blood substitutes do not increase the red cell count quick enough resulting in the risk of death to the patient. although i fully support the future of blood substitutes and believe one day we will not need hu ...[text shortened]... h risks associated with using substitutes such as increased risk of heart attacks (around 30% ).
what procedures are you talking about, you have not said? and although i have no reason to doubt you, well you know, as a man of empiricism, i need the readies., so ummmm, make with them!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Sep 14
1 edit

sigh, lets ask you the same question, has a blood transfusion either directly or indirectly killed someone? I have already stated that it may have saved a life although so might an alternative if it had been offered.
What's with the incessant sighing? Are you that fat you're continually out of breath?

May have saved a life? Curious answer, but if that's the best you can do. As for your question, I have no doubt people have died as a result of blood transfusions. Every, I'll repeat that, EVERY medical procedure carries a degree of risk.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by menace71
Think about it for a minute .....blood belongs where ? Easy answer in your veins ( we all agree there is a small risk in receiving blood ) However you can get a disease by ingesting bad food or breathing in air and your right you could get a disease by drinking infected blood so what ? Scientifically receiving blood into your veins is very different from ea ...[text shortened]... ingest food to be digested but that is not the same as receiving blood into your veins

Manny
Well your right with that statement, blood belongs in veins. Lol I never thought of that!!! Sorry.

And yes there are many ways to contact diseases, nothing new there.

But if someone elses blood has a disease in it, you have a greater chance of getting it if injected into your veins then if you ate it. Right?

So how do your statements improve your stand on transfusing it into your body?

The point here is this. More have died from transfusions then haven't as far as JW's and I'm all ears if anyone can prove differently.
And I'm all ears if anyone can show me from the bible that God would approve of transfusions in light of his comand to abstain, do not touch or eat blood....

God knows the dangers of humans even touching anothers blood and something that man has finally learned just in the last hundred years or so.

If science continues learning more about blood and the consequences of using it as it is now used with transfusions, there will be a day in the future it will never be used again. We'll see huh?