JWs and blood transfusions

JWs and blood transfusions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by galveston75
The point here is this. More have died from transfusions then haven't as far as JW's and I'm all ears if anyone can prove differently.
You reckon more have died from blood transfusions than haven't? Surely what you mean is that, while there are risks attached to blood transfusions, they have saved the lives of countless millions of people and that the number that have died despite/due to blood transfusions is tiny compared to those for whom it has averted death?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
You reckon more have died from blood transfusions than haven't? Surely what you mean is that, while there are risks attached to blood transfusions, they have saved the lives of countless millions of people and that the number that have died despite/due to blood transfusions is tiny compared to those for whom it has averted death?
I don't rekon I said that did I? Nope. What did I say that you seem to ignor?

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

I don't rekon I said that did I? Nope. What did I say that you seem to ignor?
You said "The point here is this. More have died from transfusions then haven't..."

Perhaps you can explain?

The people saved by blood transfusions outnumbers, by far, those that died as a result of them. You accept this, yes or no?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 14

How many "christian" religions allow their followers to smoke and expose their children to that? We don't as we view that as being unclean and a danger to all who live in that house and not showing respect for health and even life.
Why isn't anyone here condemning that unloving habit by other so called christians?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
You said "The point here is this. More have died from transfusions then haven't..."

Perhaps you can explain?

The people saved by blood transfusions outnumbers, by far, those that died as a result of them. You accept this, yes or no?
You are not reading my post as that has already been shown here in this thread.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 14

How many "christian" religions allow their followers to smoke and expose their children to that? We don't as we view that as being unclean and a danger to all who live in that house and not showing respect for health and even life.
Why isn't anyone here condemning that unloving habit by other so called christians?
If blood transfusions were 100% safe, would you permit them?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what procedures are you talking about, you have not said? and although i have no reason to doubt you, well you know, as a man of empiricism, i need the readies., so ummmm, make with them!

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

You are not reading my post as that has already been shown here in this thread.
You said "The point here is this. More have died from transfusions then haven't...". Perhaps you can explain what you mean by this?

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

Blood transfusions have saved the lives of countless millions of children and their mothers. What is there to condemn about saving lives?

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

I have already stated that I have no reason to doubt that it has, but then again it has also killed people as well. Is that clear enough for you?
What would you say is the ratio between lives saved and lives lost die to blood transfusions? And what would you say is the ratio between lives saved by blood transfusions and deaths - for whatever reasons - despite the administering of a blood transfusion (i.e. a death where the blood transfusion was unable to save them)?

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

God knows the dangers of humans even touching anothers blood and something that man has finally learned just in the last hundred years or so.
The number of people whose lives were saved by blood transfusions outnumbers, by far, the number who died as a result of blood transfusions. Do you accept this ~ yes or no?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 14

If there were Christians (or any religion member) here saying "god says you must make your children smoke" then that would be condemned.

You seem to be confused about what is mearly poor personal choice and a religion which is strategically vilifiying medical science and endangering lives in the name it's god.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 14

God knows the dangers of humans even touching anothers blood and something that man has finally learned just in the last hundred years or so.
Can you explain how "even touching blood" is dangerous? You claim god commands not to "touch blood" - ok so were the priests wearing rubber gloves and body suits when they slaughtered the animals for sacrifice?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
He did, finally, answer this on the previous page -

'No my objection is not whether it is safe or not, but based on a religious principle (abstain from blood) and philosophical (the right of self determination) , safety of procedure is meaningless in this context.'

F

Moves
01 Oct 14

...my objection is not whether it is safe or not, but based on a religious principle (abstain from blood) and philosophical (the right of self determination) , safety of procedure is meaningless in this context.
The phrase "meaningless in this context" is synonymous with "red herring" then for this topic which is about parents letting their children die, ostensibly to please/not displease their personal God figure, for the want of treatment that could have saved their lives. [see the OP]