Kelly

Kelly

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
76d
1 edit

@divegeester said
On what basis do you object to this thread?
I certainly do not object. This thread has the potential to become a fascinating peek into the mind of biblical literalist.

At least as interesting as finding out what sonship believed (or claimed to anyway, before he bowed out).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@moonbus said
Dodge noted. This thread is not about what I believe; it's all about you.

Next question for KellyJay:

These are the accepted durations for the time it takes for radioactive isotopes to decay into stabile elements such as lead (times given are in years):

<<
The naturally occurring radioelements are mainly found in thorium and uranium ores. Uranium-238, uranium-235, ...[text shortened]... s has firmly established and what you think people just make up as they go along ('just a theory' ).
Dodge, I told you the truth, maybe for you, that is a dodge.

Concerning the time and age of the earth and universe, you can have any time you want using whatever method seems best to you, I'm not concerned about the time as I am about the manner of processing we believe is taking place. We can review our processes to see if they are sound, not so deep time.

With measuring time, if you are making it up as you go, that is exactly what you are doing, if you are attempting to get things fit instead of looking at them without coming at them with bias already in place that is what you are doing. If you are looking at things in a measure reasonable manner that too is what you are doing, but deep time no matter how you come to your conclusion is out of our reach to know for sure if we are getting it right. Our math may be spot on with the variables we are looking at, but that only means our math is good, not that what we think means what we say; therefore, it is always going to be I believe this, you believe that never coming to the truth about reality.

I've repeated countless times I don't care how we measure time, pull it out of your butt for all I care, but when you select a period, what then is important, can the things you believe are true happen the way you say they did in the time you've just allotted?

Moves
76d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
LIAR
I’m not lying.

Here you go then:

Do you accept the scientific explanation of gravity?

Do you believe that the earth is flat?

Over to you.

Über-Nerd

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
Dodge, I told you the truth, maybe for you, that is a dodge.

Concerning the time and age of the earth and universe, you can have any time you want using whatever method seems best to you, I'm not concerned about the time as I am about the manner of processing we believe is taking place. We can review our processes to see if they are sound, not so deep time.

With measu ...[text shortened]... an the things you believe are true happen the way you say they did in the time you've just allotted?
Dodge noted.

Next question:

The most distant visible object in the universe which the Webb telescope has detected is a star named "Earendel". It's about 13 billion light years away from us. How long do you think the light from that star has been traveling towards Earth? 13 billion years, or only about 6,000 years?

https://www.nasa.gov/universe/webb-reveals-colors-of-earendel-most-distant-star-ever-detected/

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Dodge noted.

Next question:

The most distant visible object in the universe which the Webb telescope has detected is a star named "Earendel". It's about 13 billion light years away from us. How long do you think the light from that star has been traveling towards Earth? 13 billion years, or only about 6,000 years?

https://www.nasa.gov/universe/webb-reveals-colors-of-earendel-most-distant-star-ever-detected/
If I answer you honestly and you say I am dodging your question please let me know how what I said did that. If I tell you I don’t know that is an honest answer and if you claim you do know and I should too, make your case otherwise statements like that are only said to demean.

You and I can agree on where something is, we can agree at some rate of travel X amount of time would be required to go from A to B, none of that information could tell us how long something has been there. You could see a car traveling at 75 mph that doesn’t mean it’s been on the road for an hour.

Where and how everything started is unknowable with respect to evidence in the universe, you need to be aware of the outside of the universe for clearer understanding of it.

Über-Nerd

Moves
76d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If I answer you honestly and you say I am dodging your question please let me know how what I said did that. If I tell you I don’t know that is an honest answer and if you claim you do know and I should too, make your case otherwise statements like that are only said to demean.

You and I can agree on where something is, we can agree at some rate of travel X amount of time ...[text shortened]... n the universe, you need to be aware of the outside of the universe for clearer understanding of it.
Dodge noted.

Next question:

Do you think the Earth and the rest of the universe are about the same age, whatever age that is?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@moonbus said
Dodge noted.

Next question:

Do you think the Earth and the rest of the universe are about the same age, whatever age that is?
Yes, same age.

FYI, I told you your “dodge noted” comments were insulting if you didn’t supply the reasons for saying that. Expect no more responses from me to your questions here if you continue.

Über-Nerd

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
Yes, same age.

FYI, I told you your “dodge noted” comments were insulting if you didn’t supply the reasons for saying that. Expect no more responses from me to your questions here if you continue.
Thanks for a simple, direct, and clear answer.

Next question:

Do you think the sun goes round the Earth, or the Earth goes round the sun?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@moonbus said
Thanks for a simple, direct, and clear answer.

Next question:

Do you think the sun goes round the Earth, or the Earth goes round the sun?
Sun around earth

rain

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
It is NOT science versus religion, they are not opposed to one another
Yet the *only* scientific ideas you oppose are the ones that don't line up with your faith.

Is that correct?

Moves
75d

@divegeester said
On what basis do you object to this thread?
Just on the basis of chancing to have you around. Honestly, I would have to object to any thread on this site on the same basis.

Moves
75d

Cross-threading! Musically speaking, Missionary Man.

Moves
75d

@moonbus said
Dodge noted. This thread is not about what I believe; it's all about you.

Next question for KellyJay:

These are the accepted durations for the time it takes for radioactive isotopes to decay into stabile elements such as lead (times given are in years):

<<
The naturally occurring radioelements are mainly found in thorium and uranium ores. Uranium-238, uranium-235, ...[text shortened]... s has firmly established and what you think people just make up as they go along ('just a theory' ).
You will need to live at least that long to verify it yourself. Otherwise you are taking it on faith.

Moves
75d

The science of today will become tomorrow's fairy tales, as the world of science is constantly evolving and discovering new phenomena that were once considered impossible or unbelievable.

Moves
75d

@kellyjay said
Sun around earth
Since you are an American, I would not answer any of their set-up questions by invoking the 5th Amendment. They are trying to crucify you, as they did Jesus, on the basis of false witnesses.

You are being used as a shooting target by these 'brilliant' scientific-minded 'experts'.

However, you should stop teasing them into shooting off their mouths, as they say.

Actually they don't realize that they are actually shooting themselves in their feet.