1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 17:22
    @divegeester said
    So then …

1. Do you accept the scientific explanation of gravity?

2. Do you believe that the earth is flat?

(You’ve previously said you don’t to number 1. But perhaps you’ve read a science book since then.)
    Objection! The prosecution is leading the witness, as that calls for an expert opinion from the witness. Previously, the prosecution has accused the witness of not having any expertise in science matters.

The questioning by the prosecution is loaded and contradictory.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 17:42
    @divegeester said
    What are you blithering on about.
    You’re making no sense.
    Why not answer to yourself? Answer this. Do you recall if your first name is Dick, which is short for Richard?
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    24 Feb '24 17:55
    @moonbus said
    I fart, too, sometimes. We're all fallible. Earth round sun.

Next question: you believe this why?

You believe this although:

a) it sure looks like the sun goes round the Earth; it's counter-intuitive that it's the other way around (if the Earth is spinning, why don't we fly off? Oh yeah, gravity);

b) you've not been "outside" the plane of the ecliptic to look upo ...[text shortened]... to recognise that it's 'Earth round sun' but 'moon round Earth', although they look the same.
    Besides farting too, you have such keen eyesight. They could have used your extraordinary eyesight thousands of years ago. Using you then, we could be now colonizing planets in the Andromeda galaxy.

You better check yourself for wet farts. The man already said he wanted to say the earth around the sun. And here you are, after telling us about his error, you are still drilling him on the error. You are full of it, wet or dry.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:021 edit
    @pettytalk said
    Besides farting too, you have such keen eyesight. They could have used your extraordinary eyesight thousands of years ago. Using you then, we could be now colonizing planets in the Andromeda galaxy.

You better check yourself for wet farts. The man already said he wanted to say the earth around the sun. And here you are, after telling us about his error, you are still drilling him on the error. You are full of it, wet or dry.
    What are you blathering about? I let the slip-up ('sun round Earth' ) pass without comment. I waited, and commented on the correction ('Earth round sun' ).
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:05
    @pettytalk said
    Objection! The prosecution is leading the witness, as that calls for an expert opinion from the witness. Previously, the prosecution has accused the witness of not having any expertise in science matters.

The questioning by the prosecution is loaded and contradictory.
    Drunk again?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:05
    @pettytalk said
    Why not answer to yourself? Answer this. Do you recall if your first name is Dick, which is short for Richard?
    Yep, drunk.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:07
    @moonbus said
    What are you blathering about?
    He’s pissed I reckon.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:07
    @kellyjay said
    It doesn't contradict the scriptures; the earth's rotation on its axis is fixed within good operational parameters and the earth's distance from the sun. It being so precisely established we measure time by the earth's movement.

As time progressed our human experiences give us greater insight into the universe look at Sir Isaac Newton's work in studying the universe broug ...[text shortened]... he universe gave us quite the insight.

Having flown around the world a couple of times its round.
    That's your interpretation. The Inquisition found that Galileo's claim that the Earth moves did contradict Scripture, and they were prepared to torture him, to death if necessary, if he would not recant.

It's not thanks to people like you that people like me are not tortured to death any more. It's rather thanks to people like me that people like you are not tortured to death any more.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 11:322 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Having flown around the world a couple of times its round.
    Hardly evidence though is it.

- You can’t see the curvature of the earth from a commercial aircraft
    - you don’t know what route the pilot took.
    - flying “around” the world completely only happens on trips with multiple destinations and stop overs
    - technically it’s possibly to fly around the world in ten minutes in a helicopter at the North Pole.

PS what about the scientific explanation of gravity?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 12:182 edits
    @divegeester said
    Hardly evidence though is it.

- You can’t see the curvature of the earth from a commercial aircraft
    - you don’t know what route the pilot took.
    - flying “around” the world completely only happens on trips with multiple destinations and stop overs
    - technically it’s possibly to fly around the world in ten minutes in a helicopter at the North Pole.

PS what about the scientific explanation of gravity?
    Flat earthers will, of course, say that one is flying (or sailing) around the disk. Personal experience is no proof the Earth is a globe or that it moves or its position relative to the other bodies in the solar system. It requires quite a lot of intellection to recognise that 'sun round Earth' is incorrect and that 'moon round Earth' is correct, although, from personal experience, they look the same.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 13:41
    @moonbus said
    Flat earthers will, of course, say that one is flying (or sailing) around the disk. Personal experience is no proof the Earth is a globe or that it moves or its position relative to the other bodies in the solar system. It requires quite a lot of intellection to recognise that 'sun round Earth' is incorrect and that 'moon round Earth' is correct, although, from personal experience, they look the same.
    I’ve watched lots of stuff on TV and Youtube about flat earthers; it’s fascinating stuff.

There are factions and divisions between the most followed opinion leaders. As with you, I don’t think many of them really believe it but the religious ones who’s flat-earthism is underpinned by elements of biblical literalism are truly hardcore about it.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 13:48
    @moonbus said
    That's your interpretation. The Inquisition found that Galileo's claim that the Earth moves did contradict Scripture, and they were prepared to torture him, to death if necessary, if he would not recant.

It's not thanks to people like you that people like me are not tortured to death any more. It's rather thanks to people like me that people like you are not tortured to death any more.
    People like me?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 15:162 edits
    @moonbus said

Galileo’s claims ruffled quite a few feathers not just a church. I think you should review history and I believe you will find every ideology has killed in just recent history people by the millions.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '24 10:44
    @moonbus said
    I fart, too, sometimes. We're all fallible. Earth round sun.

Next question: you believe this why?

You believe this although:

a) it sure looks like the sun goes round the Earth; it's counter-intuitive that it's the other way around (if the Earth is spinning, why don't we fly off? Oh yeah, gravity);

b) you've not been "outside" the plane of the ecliptic to look upo ...[text shortened]... to recognise that it's 'Earth round sun' but 'moon round Earth', although they look the same.
    When it comes to all fallible, and our perspectives from the way things look, how is it, you don't even consider evidence of genetic instructions in life for level checking, stop-start, and information processing, when we call it the genetic code, not the genetic it just is? Instead, you blow off all of the reasoning, and say, it just is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree