Knowledge springs from faith

Knowledge springs from faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@pettytalk said
You are reading my mind again, but incompletely. I would have put it as confident opinions. I believe that a confident opinion is more suitable than faith, as KellyJay intends to use it.
My powers were impaired sir by an inferior lump of cheese.

Opinion is too strong a word, but it is a confidence willing to change upon further scientific discovery. (Say, for example, how's Newton's theories were modified and improved by Einstein).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
60d

@pettytalk said
You are reading my mind again, but incompletely. I would have put it as confident opinions. I believe that a confident opinion is more suitable than faith, as KellyJay intends to use it.

Faith is blind and does not require much thinking. In seeking out knowledge that cannot be known, some profound and extensive thinking is required. Opinions result from serious and appro ...[text shortened]...

An opinion: Absolute knowledge and absolute faith will meet only when absolute truth is reached.
You have a perverted view of the word faith, but instead of repeating everything I have already said in this thread about that word I suggest reading the thread at the beginning.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You have a perverted view of the word faith, but instead of repeating everything I have already said in this thread about that word I suggest reading the thread at the beginning.
You have perverted the word 'faith' in the very title of this thread.

You might as well have said knowledge springs from cauliflowers.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This post by you is so absurd (and back to front) it is not even worth responding to.

Take that as a victory if you will. Belligerent nonsense over common sense.
I didn't think you'd be able to back up your claims, I was wondering how you were going to back out and save face, you are claiming it is not worth responding to does that. Pathetic for one claiming to have reasoning and science to back up your side.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

I gave a definition that was not from me that backed up my view you are simply telling me no you want it to mean something other than that, with nothing but your perverted view of the word itself.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@kellyjay said
I didn't think you'd be able to back up your claims, I was wondering how you were going to back out and save face, you are claiming it is not worth responding to does that. Pathetic for one claiming to have reasoning and science to back up your side.
More nonsense.

To save face yourself, admit now you have completely misconstrued what faith is and how it relates to knowledge.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@kellyjay said
I gave a definition that was not from me that backed up my view you are simply telling me no you want it to mean something other than that, with nothing but your perverted view of the word itself.
'Knowledge springs from faith' is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. (You are right to distance yourself from it).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
60d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'Knowledge springs from faith' is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. (You are right to distance yourself from it).
Even AI knows better:

The word “faith” has a rich etymology that traces back to ancient languages. Let’s explore its origins:

Latin (Fides):
The Latin word “fides” encompasses concepts of trust, faith, confidence, reliance, and belief. It serves as the root for the English word “faith”.
The verb “fidere” in Latin means “to trust”.
This Latin root is derived from the Proto-Indo-European (PIE) root “*bheidh-”, which signifies trust, confide, and persuade.

You want it to mean blind-faith, NOT how that works in the real world, just yours.

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My powers were impaired sir by an inferior lump of cheese.

Opinion is too strong a word, but it is a confidence willing to change upon further scientific discovery. (Say, for example, how's Newton's theories were modified and improved by Einstein).
What is your opinion on what makes cheese inferior? I have confidence that you do not know my cheese preferences. But you can impress me with your knowledge on mind reading, if you were to name 3, in order of my preference.

What are the chances that Einstein's improvements on Sir Newton' theories will become an opinion of the past? Are you confident with an opinion that they most certainly will?

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

According to my knowledge, there are various colored cauliflowers. From which color does knowledge spring? In my opinion it's from the green one, but in particular the Roman Cauliflower with its particular geometric shape.

The Romanesco cauliflower indeed has a unique geometric shape that distinguishes it from other varieties of cauliflower. This shape is the result of a genetic program that should allow the inflorescence (the part of the plant that produces flowers) to develop but instead gets "jammed," causing the buds to continue developing into new stems. This process results in a fractal-like structure, where the geometry repeats itself at various scales, giving the Romanesco its distinctive appearance.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/07/what-fractals-fibonacci-and-the-golden-ratio-have-to-do-with-cauliflower/

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
More nonsense.

To save face yourself, admit now you have completely misconstrued what faith is and how it relates to knowledge.
Nonsense is that you have to alter meanings or words to protect what you like to be true over what is.

Moves
60d

@kellyjay said
"I have enough faith to know that faith is something you are after, to attach it to knowledge. You don't have the faith necessary to move mountains. To move mountains, one needs knowledge on how to properly move mountains. It's true faith, even only the size of a mustard seed, which will move mountains knowledgeably. The power of a mind without a doubt is pure and absolute knowledge. And if you believe it, put it to the test. Start small first, and build your confidence along the way to perfection. Next molehill you see, move it by using only your mind. The Kingdom of God is within you, therefore don't doubt it.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@kellyjay said
Even AI knows better:

The word “faith” has a rich etymology that traces back to ancient languages. Let’s explore its origins:

Latin (Fides):
The Latin word “fides” encompasses concepts of trust, faith, confidence, reliance, and belief. It serves as the root for the English word “faith”.
The verb “fidere” in Latin means “to trust”.
This Latin root is derived from the ...[text shortened]... and persuade.

You want it to mean blind-faith, NOT how that works in the real world, just yours.
You are still using it incorrectly.

Wake up!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@pettytalk said
What is your opinion on what makes cheese inferior?
Size sir, size.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@pettytalk said
I have confidence that you do not know my cheese preferences. But you can impress me with your knowledge on mind reading, if you were to name 3, in order of my preference.
You have a fondness for soft cheeses sir (including Camembert) when you really should be eating a strong piece of cheddar.