Lake of fire

Lake of fire

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by bob58
Several reason's why eternal torment seems hard to believe.

1. Burns cause terrible pain. Could a loving god subject one of his creations to this forever? It would seem that even the worst person would eventually paid the price for his sins.

2. Assuming you make it and a loved one does not, could you truly happy knowing they were in this eternal tormen ...[text shortened]... eemed wouldn't a merciful god simply eliminate that person's spirit rather than eternal torture?
Why does a loving God permit pain at all?

Shouldn't that be the question?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 16

Rev 14:9-10
Shows that people will be going through this.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
So you think God who you deny is real wouldn't punish eternity eternal beings. The belief about what men would do does not really matter since if true only what God would do matters.
Do you think everything that is written in the Bible is literal?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Oct 16

Rev 14:9-10
Shows that people will be going through this.
What do you think about the scripture that says Jesus will be watching the hellish spectacle?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Oct 16

So you think God who you deny is real wouldn't punish eternity eternal beings. The belief about what men would do does not really matter since if true only what God would do matters.
As I have explained before, I am an atheist due to not being convinced of God's existence. Word's like 'deny' are irrelevant in this context and to be honest rather annoying. It implies I am putting my hands over my ears and eyes and refusing to believe something that is evident. - God to me is not evident. That is why I am an atheist. If his existence was evident, why would I deny it?

If God exists (and I'd be overjoyed if He did) I do not believe for one second that an all powerful and all loving God would want any of His creation to suffer for all eternity in a lake of fire. - I'd go further and say that holding to such a believe is to completely misunderstand God and takes you further away from Him than someone who 'denies' His very existence.

w

Moves
19 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
As I have explained before, I am an atheist due to not being convinced of God's existence. Word's like 'deny' are irrelevant in this context and to be honest rather annoying. It implies I am putting my hands over my ears and eyes and refusing to believe something that is evident. - God to me is not evident. That is why I am an atheist. If his exist ...[text shortened]... understand God and takes you further away from Him than someone who 'denies' His very existence.
Biblically speaking, if God wanted that, then why did he send Christ to die for our sins?

And if there is no hell, why did God send Christ to die for our sins?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by whodey
Biblically speaking, if God wanted that, then why did he send Christ to die for our sins?

You remind me of RBHILL asking "if god doesn't exist, then how do you explain speaking in tongues?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Oct 16

Revelation 19:20
English Standard Version
And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Revelation 20:10
English Standard Versi ...[text shortened]... day and night forever
and ever and others will not be if they are thrown into the lake of fire?
You enjoy making an a$$ of yourself ...😀

Moves
19 Oct 16

So the punishment should not occur because it would make others feel bad?
What I meant is that people will tend to view hell as less hellish when it is themselves they imagine being there. Of course I have no data to back this up.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
Of course I have no data to back this up.
I enjoy how it is you felt the need to clarify this 😀

I agree with you by the way.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by whodey

'Hell' is separation from God. (Not fire and brimstone). If God did indeed send his son, then He did so to spare mankind from that fate.

Feel free to ask other questions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 16

As I have explained before, I am an atheist due to not being convinced of God's existence. Word's like 'deny' are irrelevant in this context and to be honest rather annoying. It implies I am putting my hands over my ears and eyes and refusing to believe something that is evident. - God to me is not evident. That is why I am an atheist. If his exist ...[text shortened]... understand God and takes you further away from Him than someone who 'denies' His very existence.
I mean no disrespect to you, but if I were to discuss the Book of Mormon nothing in it would I consider true. I would think the same if I were discussing the Lord of the Rings.

Now if you wanted to discuss this as a bestselling book and are treating it as a character in a book of fiction, then to you isn't it all fiction?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by JS357
What I meant is that people will tend to view hell as less hellish when it is themselves they imagine being there. Of course I have no data to back this up.
The thing I think people fail to take into account is God doesn't add punishment/wrath to His grace, so why do they think His punishment/wrath will be with mercy mixed in?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
You enjoy making an a$$ of yourself ...😀
Name calling again, notice you are not disproving anything. You have nothing to say outside personal attacks.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Oct 16

'Hell' is separation from God. (Not fire and brimstone). If God did indeed send his son, then He did so to spare mankind from that fate.

Feel free to ask other questions.
You think all the text already shared are not true?