1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 23:01
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Let's say a guy breaks into your house and attacks your family. In self defense, you shoot him and kill him.

How does that sort of scenario fit into your framework?
    I would say that killing in self defense is allowable. Preservation of ones life and the life of loved ones is hard wired into ones DNA and any effort to ride contrary to that, is often futile. Its like the desire to procreate. It just cannot be controlled at times. Hence the advice in the Bible to get married if you cannot control it.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 23:04
    My immediate take on the "surrounding" words is that Jesus seems to make light of people loving those that love them, for one. From observation, not everyone who is loved returns that love. Some people respond by taking advantage of those feelings to manipulate the person to their own selfish ends.

The same goes for most of Jesus' examples. Plenty ...[text shortened]... o credit to them!); if that really were true, there wouldn't need to be a GR in the first place.
    I would say that Jesus by these statements is trying to get to best out of people. One of his aims in preaching is to create a class of followers who rise above the average. He wanted some people to be the light to the world, and stand out by doing good deeds and living righteously, and avoiding greed and selfishness.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 23:18
    Let's say a guy breaks into your house and attacks your family. In self defense, you shoot him and kill him.

Did you read that link I posted?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 00:50

Defense of your family is your priority. Read that link, this guy was confronted with a lot worse.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Did you read that link I posted?
    I read the link about Pastor Protais you posted.

Is your behaviour here at RHP inspired by Pastor Protais in any way?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 02:19
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am still on the WAY of learning to live by Christ. This is a life-long matter. And if there exists a Christian who is not still a work in progress, I never met him or her. And I know personally thousands of believers.
    If you still don't 'love your enemies' on your deathbed having failed in this "life-long matter" ~ and the "work in progress" explanation has run its course ~ will you therefore not be "saved" and, instead, be dispatched to "Hell" by your torturer god?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 07:051 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    On the occasions you have thrown your rattle out of the pram and delivered diminutive insults of your own, did another Person 'stop' abiding in you?

Since you are so confidence that you recall this, maybe you have a good example ?
    I certainly am not above getting into the flesh.

At first I thought to just take your word for it.
    I k ...[text shortened]... keness.

Show me your striking example of my purposely diminutive meanness in name calling ?
    I can recall a number of times you have posted such comments, usually in Rajk's direction. If you can't remember yourself, so be it.

Just a fleeting search pulled up:

"Do you think any Christian who receives help from and/or recommends that others can get help from that source too is in a cult ?

Then you're stupid." (Is religious indoctrination child abuse thread).

Do you not consider calling someone stupid 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I can recall a number of times you have posted such comments, usually in Rajk's direction. If you can't remember yourself, so be it.

Just a fleeting search pulled up:

"Do you think any Christian who receives help from and/or recommends that others can get help from that source too is in a cult ?

Then you're stupid." (Is religious indoctri ...[text shortened]...

Do you not consider calling someone stupid 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'
    I'd be willing to bet you cannot find anyone who has not taken remarks to far no matter
    what faith they profess. Which is why we need saved, we are not 'good enough' on our own.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 10:24
    I'd be willing to bet you cannot find anyone who has not taken remarks to far no matter
    what faith they profess. Which is why we need saved, we are not 'good enough' on our own.
    Agreed. It was sonship who set himself apart from this with his selective memory.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 13:341 edit
    Agreed. It was sonship who set himself apart from this with his selective memory.
    I'm sorry to say, but there is a lot of that too. If we were all good enough, we would not
    need to be saved. Since none of us are good enough, this having enemies crap just
    shows us that God wants us all to come to Him. The price that was paid was so high for
    us that there is nothing in this life that is so bad Jesus' blood isn't greater.

In my morning devotions one of my favorite Proverbs came up, even when something
    bad happens to them we are not to rejoice. I recall once there were some friends of mine
    at work watching a video of ISIS fighters getting wiped out by a jet. They asked me to
    watch, and I walked away from that as happy as them, then the Lord reminded me of this
    verse, as well as He died for them just as He did for me. It is so easy to set ourselves
    apart, we are not the enemies of our souls that is Satan, that is who our real enemy is in
    this life, not each other. Each of us had a great price paid for our souls, so for Jesus sake
    we should hope and pray that Christ receive the reward of His suffering with each one of
    us. Not because we deserve it, NONE of us do, but He does.

Proverbs 24: 16-18
    For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into
    mischief. Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he
    stumbleth: Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 13:44
    Since none of us are good enough, this having enemies crap just
    shows us that God wants us all to come to Him. The price that was paid was so high for
    us that there is nothing in this life that is so bad Jesus' blood isn't greater.
    How do you yourself handle what you call "this having enemies crap" in this community?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 19:57
    Thread update:

Sonship challenges Ghost to provide an example of him being 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'

Ghost provides example of sonship calling another poster 'stupid.'

Sonship quietly dissolves into the stratosphere.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 20:091 edit
    Thread update:

Sonship challenges Ghost to provide an example of him being 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'

Well, I wish I could say I have never done that. I don't recall doing it, but I'm sure there is
    a list of KellyJay sins somewhere on someone's computer. 🙂 Besides yours and mine of
    course. LOL
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 21:10
    Thread update:

He is very good at that. Recently he posted a long detailed analysis about why the judgment description of Christ of all nations in Matt 25, is at the start of the 1000 yr period. So I started another thread about the topic and he refused to respond. He is some crooked reason for believing that and it has to do with completely removing Christians from the judgment. which is totally false.

Some time before that he had accused me of not recognizing that Christians can have eternal asssurance of salvation. I started a thread 'Best and Worse' showing that I believed that some Christians do have that. He never commented, because the truth is some do and some dont.

The reason for his lack of response is often the lack of firepower points which will prove his case.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 23:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would say that Jesus by these statements is trying to get to best out of people. One of his aims in preaching is to create a class of followers who rise above the average. He wanted some people to be the light to the world, and stand out by doing good deeds and living righteously, and avoiding greed and selfishness.
    Fair enough. But I also don't blame those followers for wanting the rhetoric a bit more toned-down, while preserving the spirit of the message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree