Loving one's enemies

Loving one's enemies

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Did you read that link I posted?
No.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Jun 17

Defense of your family is your priority. Read that link, this guy was confronted with a lot worse.
I am not interested in that link.

I would like to hear your answer to my question, in your own words.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
He said smugly arrogantly.

With a title of "The Advanced Mind", were you able to say that with a straight face?
Yes, easily.

You are unaware of the situation that led to my choice of forum description, which means you are unaware that you have no point. It's a mere ad-hom on your part.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
I would say that killing in self defense is allowable. Preservation of ones life and the life of loved ones is hard wired into ones DNA and any effort to ride contrary to that, is often futile. Its like the desire to procreate. It just cannot be controlled at times. Hence the advice in the Bible to get married if you cannot control it.
How do you feel about forgiving and loving a person who has killed your whole family?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jun 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I am not interested in that link.

I would like to hear your answer to my question, in your own words.
We need to forgive all for everything. The link was of someone who lived it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 17

Fair enough. But I also don't blame those followers for wanting the rhetoric a bit more toned-down, while preserving the spirit of the message.
Well I cannot disagree there. The wording of the doctrine of Christ is rough but it is designed to weed out the weaklings ie weak in the Spirit of God, and encourage those capable of perfection to strive harder. On the day of judgment however great leniency will be shown to people. There will be many surprises about who will be considered righteous.

The strong ones will form the kings and priests with Christ and occupy positions of authority. Its like any big corporation, they want strong leaders. the weaker ones will form the multitude with lower positions in the Kingdom of God. Not all will be equal in the reign of Christ as some think.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 17

How do you feel about forgiving and loving a person who has killed your whole family?
He will be dead before I have time to forgive or love. 😀 Just kidding. I have no problem killing in self defense. Neither will have have remorse. Neither will I need therapy to deal with it. Im not emotionally weak. If the killer lives on, my attitude is that God /Karma / fate, will deal with it.. not me. Here is a good teaching for Christians:

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21 KJV)

Will I feed him if he is hungry .. yes. .. knowing that one day God will deal with him. If he repents then God will forgive.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
He will be dead before I have time to forgive or love. 😀 Just kidding. I have no problem killing in self defense. Neither will have have remorse. Neither will I need therapy to deal with it. Im not emotionally weak. If the killer lives on, my attitude is that God /Karma / fate, will deal with it.. not me. Here is a good teaching for Christians:

[i]Re ...[text shortened]... ry .. yes. .. knowing that one day God will deal with him. If he repents then God will forgive.
I appreciate your honesty and directness. Thank you.

If I may push a bit farther, "love", to me is a very powerful word. To me, it means things such as, "I would give you one of my kidneys if you needed a transplant". But I would not do such a thing for one who had slaughtered my family [if in fact that had happened]. I would let him die. I daresay I would feel very satisfied if my kidney was the only one capable of saving him [maybe, due to compatibility issues of some sort] and my decision caused him to die. It would feel like justice to me. But certainly, not like love in any way whatsoever, even if I had gotten past my hatred for the man.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jun 17

If I may push a bit farther, "love", to me is a very powerful word. To me, it means things such as, "I would give you one of my kidneys if you needed a transplant". But I would not do such a thing for one who had slaughtered my family [if in fact that had happened]. I would let him die. I daresay ...[text shortened]... certainly, not like love in any way whatsoever, even if I had gotten past my hatred for the man.
That is the thing about love, I believe you correct, it looks past the faults only to the needs
of the other.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Thread update:

Sonship challenges Ghost to provide an example of him being 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'

Ghost provides example of sonship calling another poster 'stupid.'

Sonship quietly dissolves into the stratosphere.
Thread update:

Sonship challenges Ghost to provide an example of him being 'purposely diminutive meanness in name calling?'

Troll Rule #1
always assume that you are being treated underhandedly by someone you disagree with.

He found me using the word "stupid" to someone.
I vaguely recall writing this a few days ago.

Where is it ?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonship
Thread update:

Troll Rule #1
always assume that you are being treated underhandedly by someone yo ...[text shortened]... ng the word "stupid" to someone.
I vaguely recall writing this a few days ago.

Where is it ?
When I quoted your post I also linked in the thread you had posted it in:

"Then you're stupid." ( 'Is religious indoctrination child abuse' thread).

Again, does not calling someone stupid qualify as diminutive name calling? (Something you said someone should not do if Christ abides in them)

You asked for an example. I provided one.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 17

If I may push a bit farther, "love", to me is a very powerful word. To me, it means things such as, "I would give you one of my kidneys if you needed a transplant". But I would not do such a thing for one who had slaughtered my family [if in fact that had happened]. I would let him die. I daresay ...[text shortened]... certainly, not like love in any way whatsoever, even if I had gotten past my hatred for the man.
Ok .. to be honest that would be my response as well .. no @$&@$ kidney for that sucker... he is going to die if he relies on me for that. However, I would give him certain basics for survival if he happens to be in my face.

My interpretation of the teachings of Christ if it can be summarized in a simple sentence is - the showing of charitable love and compassion for those in need and less fortunate than yourself. To achieve this one has to remove the hurdle of worldliness and selfishness from ones personality. When you can remove these things its easy to give. But giving to a murderer of your family, to the extent where it endangers your life is not something I would expect Jesus to require of his followers.

You mention getting past your hatred, and I think that is the key to you conforming to the teachings of Christ. That is forgiving and forgetting part. Plus if the fool dies and you feel like justice is done then again, I cannot see anything is wrong with that. Remorse and pity for a murderer is misplaced in my opinion. There are far too many poor peopplein need to waste time on that kind of personality who will feel the wrath of God when his time comes.

T

Moves
25 Jun 17

Yes, easily.

You are unaware of the situation that led to my choice of forum description, which means you are unaware that you have no point. It's a mere ad-hom on your part.
You're really too funny.

You act as if your posts to me couldn't similarly be construed as "smugly arrogant" and as "a mere ad-hom on your part".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jun 17

Yes, easily.

Hope you are not going through anything of the nature of things being discussed.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
27 Jun 17

Hope you are not going through anything of the nature of things being discussed.
Thankfully, no. My examples have been strictly hypothetical.