Minor Error

Minor Error

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
29 Apr 15

Perhaps Hinds is similar to a petty criminal........a man of many convictions!

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Attacking people who can defend themselves is one thing.

Throwing a sackful of kittens off a bridge into the river is quite another.
In your felinacide metaphor, who here do you see as the being the "kittens"?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Fellini?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
At one point you said to me you were Baptist. Is that now not true? You are adding apostasy to your other crimes now?
I was baptised in a Southern Baptist church where I am still a member. I am still a protestant and closer to that belief than any other of the denominational churches. However, I have grown in my understanding and cannot claim that all my beliefs line up with any protestant denominational church.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was baptised in a Southern Baptist church where I am still a member. I am still a protestant and closer to that belief than any other of the denominational churches. However, I have grown in my understanding and cannot claim that all my beliefs line up with any protestant denominational church.
So you are going Muslim?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
So you are going Muslim?
No, I am still Christian and married to a member of the United Methodist Church, but do not wish to limit myself to any one denomination.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
One guess.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
If he knows the minor error in every denomination, then I don't see a problem with him listing them. He could do ten a day if more than that is too much for him.
If on the other hand, he does not know the actual error that each denomination has, but hold the belief for other reasons, then he can simply say so.
The argument that listing them would be too ...[text shortened]... one gets the impression he actually thinks that way rather than merely being hateful as you are.
Alright, I'll settle for even half that task from you.

Show me a list of every single Christian denomination.

I bet you can't even do that. Odds are you'll miss a few of the more unknown ones. Even Christians don't know every single denomination.

But my point was that no, he doesn't know each error in each denomination. He said he "believes", not he "knows". I think even he would tell you there was some hyperbole involved. Maybe not, though.

My secondary point is that this isn't a bonifide "challenge" in a "debate". It's a bunch of trolls on an internet forum jumping with both feet onto a guy they see as "easy prey".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 15
1 edit

No, I am still Christian and married to a member of the United Methodist Church, but do not wish to limit myself to any one denomination.
So you have a Methodist wife. Thank God for small miracles. 🙂

(Methodist would be my second choice if it came down to that.)

rc

Moves
30 Apr 15

Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, all have committed atrocities.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, all have committed atrocities.
And so has Jehovah Witnesses. 😏

rc

Moves
30 Apr 15

And so has Jehovah Witnesses. 😏
strange we have lynched no one after a service on Sunday, not blown anyone up with bombs, not nuked anyone, not massacred defenceless women and children, not engaged in genocide, no political assassinations. No i don't think we have committed any atrocities comparable to baptists, presbyterians or methodists.

Moves
30 Apr 15

strange we have lynched no one after a service on Sunday, not blown anyone up with bombs, not nuked anyone, not massacred defenceless women and children, not engaged in genocide, no political assassinations. No i don't think we have committed any atrocities comparable to baptists, presbyterians or methodists.
You rail on an on and on about other people's morality, and yet you cannot even say whether or not you would allow your own child to die rather than permit them to have a blood transfusion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 15

I don't know if any Jehovah's Witnesses were involved in those type of atrocities or not, but Jehovah's Witnesses are known for allowing their children to die by refusing blood transfusions for them which i think is an atrocity.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Apr 15

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zhzdnWVqSC48.k_qIZIE0xxPI

😲