most christians do not read the bible

most christians do not read the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
You don't half spout some utter unsubstantiated nonsense at times.
You know, instead of just blurting out that what he believes is "nonsense", why not treat us to what you believe, and point out in what way it is different than what he believes?

I'm guessing that (because all I have to go by is how you normally act) it is because you think everyone does nothing but attack, and so you just don't want to open yourself up.

Too many people think like you do. I think the more you know about someone, the less likely one is to attack them, not more likely.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 17

Does the Bible say babies are born with sin? Do Christians say this. Was I inventing this.

F

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
I think the more you know about someone, the less likely one is to attack them, not more likely.
Has your application of this principle affected the degree to which you attack people?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMFHas your application of this principle affected the degree to which you attack people?
I think it works the other way. When do I speak louder?

F

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
I think it works the other way. When do I speak louder?
I don't get what you mean by either of these sentences.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Has your application of this principle affected the degree to which you attack people?
No. The manner and vehemence of their attacks do.

F

Moves
16 Apr 17
1 edit

FMF: Has your application of this principle affected the degree to which you attack people?

No. The manner and vehemence of their attacks do.
And how do gauge and evaluate - and exercise quality control over - the manner and vehemence of your own not infrequent attacks on people here?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 17

I wasn't attending properly. You are not typical, I'm not in a good place lately, and I let you down. I have to pick myself up. You will let me, because you are okay with that.
okay

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 17

Does the Bible say babies are born with sin? Do Christians say this. Was I inventing this.
You made the claims, I am unaware of any scripture that says that.
Human nature is what they do have, and if you look how humans treat one another,
that is what each one has as they grow up. We tend to compare ourselves to ourselves,
looking at the ones we like and make them "the standard" for being a good human. We
can then paint a so called good standard any way we want, just find the person we like
and use them.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
I don't get what you mean by either of these sentences.
I'm like that sometimes. Not proud of it.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
You made the claims, I am unaware of any scripture that says that....
The Christian Bible does not tell us that babies are born guilty of sin?

F

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
We tend to compare ourselves to ourselves, looking at the ones we like and make them "the standard" for being a good human. We can then paint a so called good standard any way we want, just find the person we like and use them.
In what specific ways does your religion make you "a good human" compared to non-Christians?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Apr 17

I did not make this stuff up, and you should not pretend I did. Christians are just people.

Moves
16 Apr 17

You know, instead of just blurting out that what he believes is "nonsense", why not treat us to what you believe, and point out in what way it is different than what he believes?

I'm guessing that (because all I have to go by is how you normally act) it is because you think everyone does nothing but attack, and so you just don't want to open yourself up. ...[text shortened]... I think the more you know about someone, the less likely one is to attack them, not more likely.
Quite clearly I was replying to his post about babies not being born into sin. My post précis to the one you are replying to also addressed him on this topic.

Why don't you ask KellyJay why he never responds instead of harassing me?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 17

The Christian Bible does not tell us that babies are born guilty of sin?
Show me the verse that say that! I've asked you countless times to produce one!
You are the one making that claim not me, if I say something and claim it is from the
scriptures, you ask I'll produce what it is I'm talking about.

Things that lead to sin are choices and thoughts, babies don't make choices, and what
do they know? They grow and learn, from there at some point they will be accountable
for what they do, as we all are.