most christians do not read the bible

most christians do not read the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
Do you like it when your beliefs are being misrepresented by others?
Kelly, notice that here you have "Most Christians do not read the Bible" as an observation which has ground in some truth.

Then you have " Christianity is in many sects" which ALSO has some ground in fact.

Notice that the poster could probably go on with many many charges like this. When I hear these kinds of somewhat legitimate accusations I often recount the story of Balaam.

Remember that the Gentile prophet Balaam was hired to curse Israel. And no matter what he said negative about Israel God showed that HE saw His people through different eyes - as through the eyes of redemption.

The point seems to be that God has ground to criticize. But man may not have the ground to criticize because behind his criticism is deep seated rebellion towards God in himself.

You and I do not have to follow Christians who are defeated in some fault. But we can follow those who are overcomers, prevail, and have overcome like Jesus mentions in the letter to the churches (Revelation 2,3).

A prayer:

Lord Jesus I don't want to get away with dropping down to the lowest level of love for you. Make me normal in my love for You. Do not let me be satisfied with being average or cold or lukewarm or loving more the world. Lord I love Your word and I love You by your mercy. Thankyou Lord Jesus.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

When we are in a discussion you need not worry about countless sects, I don't answer to them and neither do I speak for them.
So identify your sect.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship...
Hey mr bible thumper, just go start another jonestown or a koresh compound please.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
Hey mr bible thumper, just go start another jonestown or a koresh compound please.
Pretty Please ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
Kelly, notice that here you have "Most Christians do not read the Bible" as an observation which has ground in some truth.

Then you have " Christianity is in many sects" which ALSO has some ground in fact.

Notice that the poster could probably go on with many many charges like this. When I hear these kinds of somewhat legitimate accusations I often rec ...[text shortened]... rld. Lord I love Your word and I love You by your mercy. [b]Thankyou
Lord Jesus. [/quote][/b]
I don't care about human labels, the only thing that matters is Jesus Christ without Him it is all human effort which amounts to all show and no go.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

I don't care about human labels, the only thing that matters is Jesus Christ without Him it is all human effort which amounts to all show and no go.
As many pagans do, I appreciate the common view of jesus.

Would Jesus want you to hide your sect?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
Pretty Please ?
No, out of concern for your victims.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

So identify your sect.
How about you treat me as an person and I will do the same to you?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 17

Hey KJ, you ever listent to my soundcloud stuff? Up to 57 tracks there now, at least 30 original compositions. Or decompositions, take your pick🙂

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

You spout jesus, but your view is a secret! Meet me at the park and I'd say the same.

I suspect you don't even know which sect you represent.

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

I treat you as a person, KellyJay. I respond to things you say on this public forum. Do you 'treat me as a person' in return?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hey KJ, you ever listent to my soundcloud stuff? Up to 57 tracks there now, at least 30 original compositions. Or decompositions, take your pick🙂
I have a long weekend will do it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

You spout jesus, but your view is a secret! Meet me at the park and I'd say the same.

I suspect you don't even know which sect you represent.
I think you spend to much time trying to pigeon hole people, you may miss what is right in front of you.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

I think you spend to much time trying to pigeon hole people, you may miss what is right in front of you.
You really don't know what you are talking about! We could go through a process where we identify your beliefs, and then you would know the label that fits.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

... you may miss what is right in front of you.
I see nature. What am I missing exactly?