My God, My God why have you forsaken me.

My God, My God why have you forsaken me.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Will you please try to refrain from moralising over me. I am merely replying to some pleasantries expressed. Why you should try to make something of that I have no idea. I expect that if the Son of man himself were he you might chastise him also as someone gluttonous, given to drinking wine and a friend of harlots and tax collectors!
Chapter one: zzzzzz

Chapter two: zzzzzz

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonship
Among those chapters, is there anything Jesus said that you've never fully understood or that you find confusing/contradictory? (Genuine question).

Yes, There are still some things I do not fully understand.
Yes, there are paradoxical statements that are difficult to reconcile with each other.

And I love it. I know that because ...[text shortened]... he word even when I fail to be able to fully explain the word.

Did I answer your question ?
Yes, and it's an answer i can relate to. Probably a weak comparison, but i approach chess in much the same way. (Well, perhaps not the last bit about nourishment). Chess is something that i will never master, and i enjoy learning something new each time i come to it. My game is very much ' a work in progress.' (Though i would of course wipe the floor with Robbie).

F

Moves
26 Oct 15

The interesting thing is that the Gospel writer was faithful to include this cry of Jesus. A less than honest propagandist could have figured that it gave fuel to their opposition to Christ's self declaration as God's sent Son.
Where can we find the writings of this supposedly less than honest propagandist you have mentioned?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
On a more pleasant note, my son got married Saturday, my wife is ordained and did the ceremony. What you might get a kick out of, he wore a full on Scottish kilt, the whole regalia, and he has a red beard so he really looked authentic! Our family name is McCart so we are really Irish background but he sure looked Scots with that kilt! We also had a Scots p ...[text shortened]... he vertical department! He is also in the gifted program at school, already applied to Stanford!
Sonhouse's wife is ordained! That's gold.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Where can we find the writings of this supposedly less than honest propagandist you have mentioned?
The Apocrypha.

F

Moves
27 Oct 15

The Apocrypha.
To someone who doesn't believe the Bible relates a credible revelation of God, what's the difference between it and "the Apocrypha"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Oct 15

Hey Robbie. Yeah it's me and I'm still alive. πŸ™‚ I hope you and the family are doing well. Sorry for vanishing on you but the health issues with my parents have gotten worse especially with mom and have been on the road a lot going back and forth to help them. Her Alzheimer's has progressed to the point that we had to admit her into a memory care center a couple months ago for her safety and care. That was by far the hardest day of my life.
She's doing ok but she's so confused and gets so upset when we have to leave after visiting. I don't blame her but even thru it all she isn't mad and still shows us love when and if she remembers us.
Well I don't have any time to play any games now but maybe someday soon once I get dad settled somewhere..... Take care brother.

Moves
28 Oct 15

Originally posted by galveston75
Hey Robbie. Yeah it's me and I'm still alive. πŸ™‚ I hope you and the family are doing well. Sorry for vanishing on you but the health issues with my parents have gotten worse especially with mom and have been on the road a lot going back and forth to help them. Her Alzheimer's has progressed to the point that we had to admit her into a memory care center ...[text shortened]... ay any games now but maybe someday soon once I get dad settled somewhere..... Take care brother.
As i'm sure you know, long term memories are more resilient to Alzheimers. I've found music in particular from a persons youth has a wonderful calming affect. Sorry to hear about your mother.

rc

Moves
28 Oct 15

Hey Robbie. Yeah it's me and I'm still alive. πŸ™‚ I hope you and the family are doing well. Sorry for vanishing on you but the health issues with my parents have gotten worse especially with mom and have been on the road a lot going back and forth to help them. Her Alzheimer's has progressed to the point that we had to admit her into a memory care center ...[text shortened]... ay any games now but maybe someday soon once I get dad settled somewhere..... Take care brother.
Brother Gman, how good to heart from you, I sent you a private text - regards Robbie πŸ˜€

rc

Moves
28 Oct 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
As i'm sure you know, long term memories are more resilient to Alzheimers. I've found music in particular from a persons youth has a wonderful calming affect. Sorry to hear about your mother.
My first musical memory is Black Betty by Ram Jam

Hopefully if I start to lose it people will play and I'll rock back to consciousness.😡

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Thanks for the information on that....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 15

Thanks for the information on that....
I've heard familiar church hymns help too, as well as scripture reading... My father passed away from Dementia a few years ago, it was a sad time indeed. I know what you are going through, my prayers are with you bro.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
To someone who doesn't believe the Bible relates a credible revelation of God, what's the difference between it and "the Apocrypha"?
If you regard all writings concerning Jesus as apocryphal then this must have been a rhetorical question .

To someone who views a questioner as faking interest to conceal an all-encompassing disbelief, what's the difference in answer or not answering him ?

F

Moves
31 Oct 15
1 edit

To someone who views a questioner as faking interest to conceal an all-encompassing disbelief, what's the difference in answer or not answering him ?
You said: "The interesting thing is that the Gospel writer was faithful to include this cry of Jesus. A less than honest propagandist could have figured that it gave fuel to their opposition to Christ's self declaration as God's sent Son."

What makes you think that a witness to the execution who did not include the cry of Jesus ~ "My God, My God why have you forsaken me" ~ in his account would necessarily or automatically have been not "honest"?

p

Moves
01 Nov 15

Jesus was praising until the end. There ere no chapters or verses in the Bible in his days, so first line quotations were given. Any passer by hearing those words should have remembered Psalm 22 and its prophetic application to that moment.