Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
From what I have seen most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'.
Assuming, for a moment, that this assertion of yours is even remotely true or stated in good faith, why is it then that "most questions posed to him" are seeking "personal" information ~ and get rebuffed in the way you claim ~ when all I ever see him trying to discuss here is biblical interpretation and Christian doctrine, as opposed to people's biographical information?

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Assuming that this assertion of yours is even remotely true or stated in good faith, for a moment, why is it then that "most questions posed to him" are seeking "personal" information when all I ever see him trying to discuss here is biblical interpretation and Christian doctrine?
Asking if you believed Jesus was 'born in sin' is not a personal question, but a clarification of a biblical interpretation.
all I ever see him trying to discuss here is biblical interpretation and Christian doctrine

Not so!

I would say that majority of what comes out of Raj's mouth is criticism of fellow Christians (assuming Raj is a Christian) against what he believes to be true. When one makes a statement and is subsequently pressed for clarification, one ought to give it, instead of ducking behind 'i don't answer personal questions' Do you see the difference?

F

Moves
04 Apr 17

I would say that majority of what comes out of Raj's mouth is criticism of fellow Christians (assuming Raj is a Christian) against what he believes to be true. When one makes a statement and is subsequently pressed for clarification, one ought to give it, instead of ducking behind 'i don't answer personal questions' Do you see the difference?
No. I'm sorry. I stand by my previous post and would now add that I think you are quite clearly being disingenuous.

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
No. I'm sorry. I stand by my previous post and would now add that I think you are quite clearly being disingenuous.
Ok, if you say so.

F

Moves
04 Apr 17
1 edit

Ok, if you say so.
You said this: "...most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'"

Silly sneering hyperbole on your part, or not, it is nevertheless a blatant and seemingly deliberate falsehood.

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
You said this: "...most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'"

Silly sneering hyperbole on your part, or not, it is nevertheless a blatant and seemingly deliberate falsehood.
After a little reflection, I stand corrected and retract my statement, "...most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'", I should have phrased my comment differently, no offense intended. But I would like Raj to answer my question, if he is willing.

F

Moves
04 Apr 17

After a little reflection, I stand corrected and retract my statement, "...most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'", I should have phrased my comment differently, no offense intended.
Kudos to you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Apr 17

Well I would hope that Rajk999 would answer, it seems like he has a lot to say about things. From what I have seen most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'.

[quote]I am unaware of any biblical reference that states implicitly that Jesus was 'born without sin'. However, w ...[text shortened]... l you answer my question? I answered yours.

Do you believe Jesus was born with sin? In sin?
Like I already said I'm on the road and away from my computer so I am no able to respond properly.

Things which are not clearly stated in the bible do not form part of my core doctrine. This issue is one of those. There are those who despite the bible being unclear on an issue take a stand one way (to conform to their church dogma) and ignore other bible teaching.

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Like I already said I'm on the road and away from my computer so I am no able to respond properly.

Things which are not clearly stated in the bible do not form part of my core doctrine. This issue is one of those. There are those who despite the bible being unclear on an issue take a stand one way (to conform to their church dogma) and ignore other bible teaching.
Are you not clear in understanding as to whom Jesus is and whether he was born with or without sin? I think other passages in the Bible make it abundantly clear with regards to Jesus and whether or not sin was involved. It wasn't.

Moves
04 Apr 17
1 edit

Well I would hope that Rajk999 would answer, it seems like he has a lot to say about things. From what I have seen most questions posed to him are met with the hand and responded to with something like 'I don't answer personal questions'.

[quote]I am unaware of any biblical reference that states implicitly that Jesus was 'born without sin'. However, w ...[text shortened]... l you answer my question? I answered yours.

Do you believe Jesus was born with sin? In sin?
What did Jesus's baptism accomplish?

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by JS357
What did Jesus's baptism accomplish?
The question for a question game, I''l play!

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
New King James Version (NKJV)

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him

and...

Hebrews 4:15

15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. .

and...

1 John 3:5

5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Who are these scriptures talking about?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Mmm. And what, may I ask, are you yourself "only here" to do, josephw?
Me? What am I only here to do?

Nothing really. Entertainment mostly. Just killing time. Play a little chess. See what people are thinking about.

What's really interesting is seeing how people think.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by JS357
It's all right, I don't need you to have clear ideas about me but I have stated several times that when I introspect I find no belief in deity. I have also said although perhaps not so clearly that the Abrahamic God concept including the Christian Jesus has imo been revised over the centuries so as to be undisprovable. I have no opinion about the quality of th ...[text shortened]... he question" is an often misunderstood term.

Edit 2:

Sometimes I think of you as a Jesuit.
"I was interested in your referring to paradigm shift as the term might relate to religion, and whether religious beliefs could be verified by scientific experimentation. I guess I won't find out what you think."

Why do you think that? I'm perfectly willing to tell you what I think, just as I am in hearing what you think.

I'm not really familiar with the scientific application of the term 'paradigm shift', nor was I aware of its origin.

Not being particularly intellectual or cognitively linguistic I guess I was using the term in a broader way.
probably completely ignorantly

1 : example, pattern; especially : an outstandingly clear or typical example or archetype
2 : an example of a conjugation or declension showing a word in all its inflectional forms
3 : a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories, laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated; broadly : a philosophical or theoretical framework of any kind

That last part there. I used the term to indicate the need for a complete change in the way sonhouse thought about God and the causes related to the condition of the human race.

Sonhouse has it that the condition of the human race, specifically in regards to its failings, is the fault of those that believe in God. sonhouse's rants are legendary, and fundamentally flawed.

"Sometimes I think of you as a Jesuit."

Far from it. I would never do anything to undermine an individual's right to be and do as they will unless they were to do evil and cause another harm.

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"I was interested in your referring to paradigm shift as the term might relate to religion, and whether religious beliefs could be verified by scientific experimentation. I guess I won't find out what you think."

Why do you think that? I'm perfectly willing to tell you what I think, just as I am in hearing what you think.

I'm not really familiar ...[text shortened]... individual's right to be and do as they will unless they were to do evil and cause another harm.[/b]
That seems more like a definition of paradigm than paradigm shift but that being as it may, I now see how you used it.

What I meant by Jesuit was that you seem extremely confident of the truth of your theology and that you need only state these truths.

Moves
04 Apr 17
1 edit

The question for a question game, I''l play!

[b]2 Corinthians 5:20-21

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness ...[text shortened]... e away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Who are these scriptures talking about?[/b]
Is your reply saying what Jesus' baptism accomplished?

Which is what I asked. What DID it accomplish?

Purification, which is the usual association of the ritual? Were there impurities in Jesus?