Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by chaney3
You're so full of shiit FMF, that it's comical. Regardless of my drinking, my posts are that of someone who actually wants to be a Christian, but am not at all satisfied with the way I feel about Christianity....NOW.
Nobody can actually agree with what a Christian even is!!!

And you, as a former Christian, turned atheist should comprehend the doubts, a ...[text shortened]... yle sucks, as most have already pointed out, except for your buddy.

Note: sober post. A-hole.
How would you describe yourself then; Christian? Non-Christian?

It's a simple, straightforward, spirituality question. Fascinating that you never want to discuss it and even more fascinating that me asking you it is regarded by ToO as "merciless hounding".

"Merciless" Lol.

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by chaney3
But instead of 'debating' and 'discussing', both yourself and Dive just act like a-holes most of the time!!!
There are a few "a-holes" posting on this site for sure, and I suspect that your posting style would be reflective of the "a-holery" typifying that group.

Moves
27 Apr 17

Dive The Merciless.

😲

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No sir, it doesn't. Adam and Eve is a story. Mankind didn't fall anywhere. We evolved as a species.

To tender this as a reason for human suffering is hugely insufficient.
Really, I would beg to differ. You have traded one story for another in my opinion. The
evolved as a species only if true simply destroys all reasons for good or bad. I'm not sure
why you think that 'story' fits reality better.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Apr 17

Religion doesn't work when it opposes scientific understanding.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
Religion doesn't work when it opposes scientific understanding.
So says those that already don't believe in God.

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Really, I would beg to differ. You have traded one story for another in my opinion. The
evolved as a species only if true simply destroys all reasons for good or bad. I'm not sure
why you think that 'story' fits reality better.
Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, being tempted by the devil, is a story. Evolution is a verifiable fact. (The first fiction, the second fact).

I live without God and in no way believe this makes the reason for good and bad redundant. Being good to each other is an evolutionary benefit. If we hadn't evolved this ability we wouldn't be here as a species.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 17

Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, being tempted by the devil, is a story. Evolution is a verifiable fact. (The first fiction, the second fact).

I live without God and in no way believe this makes the reason for good and bad redundant. Being good to each other is an evolutionary benefit. If we hadn't evolved this ability we wouldn't be here as a species.
You hope, you don't know!

Evolution is a fact, I believe in it too; however, I don't believe in a common ancestor that
sprang up in a sterile world that managed to thrive, strive, and survive over time. I do
accept small changes, but within kinds we don't jump from a worm to a whale over time,
or a fungus to an eagle. You don't see that factually anywhere, only in the "what ifs" of
those that are true believers.

Since I believe God is totally and completely in charge of every spec to the grandest
items in the universe all at once, that He knows everything about each item in His
kingdom all at once, and knows how each affects the other, I think it a little thing for Him
to create this universe as written.

If what you think is true about the beginning your views on right and wrong stop with you.
Anyone else will have just as valid views, because to them they may not see what you
hold dear as important, so their foundational view points will be completely different, and
just as valid.

Where as with God, none of our views unless they line up with His will hold water since
the whole of creation was created by Him, and for Him.

Moves
27 Apr 17

You hope, you don't know!

Evolution is a fact, I believe in it too; however, I don't believe in a common ancestor that
sprang up in a sterile world that managed to thrive, strive, and survive over time. I do
accept small changes, but within kinds we don't jump from a worm to a whale over time,
or a fungus to an eagle. You don't see that factually anyw ...[text shortened]... y line up with His will hold water since
the whole of creation was created by Him, and for Him.
I've spoken before about a particular fungal spore whose sole purpose for existence is to turn an ant into a zombie like state, causing it to climb up a tree whereupon the spore bursts out of the ant's head and drops further spores to the ground below to infect further ants.

Is this brutal evolution at work in your opinion or Godly design?

(And what you actually mean is that your personal 'watered down version of evolution' is a fact, not Evolution as it is commonly understood).

Moves
27 Apr 17

Dive The Merciless.

😲
Haha...gotta do that.

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Haha...gotta do that.
Suits you sir. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 17

I've spoken before about a particular fungal spore whose sole purpose for existence is to turn an ant into a zombie like state, causing it to climb up a tree whereupon the spore bursts out of the ant's head and drops further spores to the ground below to infect further ants.

Is this brutal evolution at work in your opinion or Godly design?

(And ...[text shortened]... onal 'watered down version of evolution' is a fact, not Evolution as it is commonly understood).
It is factual that we see small changes now, it is a story whenever we suggest that those small changes mean more than what we see over time.

Moves
27 Apr 17

It is factual that we see small changes now, it is a story whenever we suggest that those small changes mean more than what we see over time.
And the whole fungal killing ant thing?!

The design of a benevolent deity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Apr 17

And the whole fungal killing ant thing?!

The design of a benevolent deity?
The curse and sin brought a lot of death with them.

F

Moves
27 Apr 17

The curse and sin brought a lot of death with them.
The "curse and sin brought a lot of death" to the ants?