Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Apr 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
DG's question is pointless. When he framed it in a false dichotomy it made it even more pointless. Hounding C3 about it makes it all the more pointless still.

That said, DG is being a jerk.

How exactly does hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian "lend him an hand in life" or help how well C3 "fares here ...[text shortened]... ng DG on his bs, serves as an impediment to how well C3 "fares here on this forum" or "in life"?
You have basically just said the same thing to me over again and not moved the conversation along. I refer you to what I said to you before and also to what I subsequently said to chaney3.

w

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Why should I believe in God?
Why should I believe in Jesus?
What if Buddha is correct?
What if Allah is correct?

The Bible?

Tell me why Jesus is the way.

And how you know.
Try reading about the life of Christ and his teachings in the Bible and tell me what is wrong with it.

Thanks in advance.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
So?
So your quote which I responded to is a fail for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by apathist
So your quote which I responded to is a fail for you.
You believe in the Lord God King of the universe, the One and only true God, Creator of all things who holds all things together by the power of His Word?

The Father of the Son of God Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

You believe in the Lord God King of the universe, the One and only true God, Creator of all things who holds all things together by the power of His Word?

The Father of the Son of God Jesus Christ.
How are ants ever to redeem themselves in the eyes of your "Lord God King of the Universe, the One and Only True God, Creator of All Things" so they are no longer punished fungally?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
How are ants ever to redeem themselves in the eyes of your "Lord God King of the Universe, the One and Only True God, Creator of All Things" so they are no longer punished fungally?
Good grief.

Can you hear yourself?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Good grief.

Can you hear yourself?
If you read the thread you'd realize that KellyJay has attributed the particular and peculiar suffering of ants - that Ghost of a Duke raised - to "the whole earth and every living creature [being] affected by the fall" and the divine "curse" that was supposedly the consequence of it. .

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you read the thread you'd realize that KellyJay has attributed the particular and peculiar suffering of ants - that Ghost of a Duke raised - to "the whole earth and every living creature [being] affected by the fall" and the divine "curse" that was supposedly the consequence of it. .
A God who punishes ants for the sins of man is a God unworthy of worship.

Indeed, a God who punishes all of mankind for the sins of one man, is a God unworthy of worship.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A God who punishes ants for the sins of man is a God unworthy of worship.

Indeed, a God who punishes all of mankind for the sins of one man, is a God unworthy of worship.
The sin of one man corrupted the nature of all who followed him, so that we all are sinners after our own sins. God chooses to redeem us instead of condemning us speaks more to His great mercy and love. The ungodly, ungrateful, and unbelieving will be left to their own destiny and devices.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

The sin of one man corrupted the nature of all who followed him, so that we all are sinners after our own sins. God chooses to redeem us instead of condemning us speaks more to His great mercy and love. The ungodly, ungrateful, and unbelieving will be left to their own destiny and devices.
What were the ants guilty of?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What were the ants guilty of?
If you had the power and the knowledge to 'create your own creation', would you not have the right to decide their fate?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If you had the power and the knowledge to 'create your own creation', would you not have the right to decide their fate?
How are your words an answer to "What were the ants guilty of?"

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
How are your words an answer to "What were the ants guilty of?"
Think about what I asked for a second, maybe it will dawn on you. Why would the ants need to be guilty of anything?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Are you asking me if I would feel I had the right to - say, for example - torture human beings for eternity for not believing I existed? Answer: no. It seems repugnant and grotesque. I created my children: I do not have the right to torture them or murder them or put head-exploding fungus in them.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Why would the ants need to be guilty of anything?
In order to justify the punishment.