Question for the Geester

Question for the Geester

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I don't think I will be getting the punishment I deserve because Jesus took my punishment upon himself.
Isn't this also true for divegeester, then ~ him being your fellow believer in Jesus, and all? And sonship, and KellyJay and Suzianne and others here? They all won't be getting the punishment they deserve because Jesus took their punishment upon himself, right?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Oh.... so actually you meant "no"...you personally will NOT be judged for being angry and punished by being thrown into hell for eternity?
I thought you were referring to the punishment that I deserved on my own accord.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16
1 edit

Yes that doesn't make me a OSAS Christian.
Because... if you "sin", you believe you will be "damned"?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

I thought you were referring to the punishment that I deserved on my own accord.
What "sins" do you believe divegeester is committing that you are not committing?

Moves
16 Oct 16

Really? I was pretty clear and unambiguous.

Tell you you what, you go back and read it again. It's a yes or no response to a simple question. You have answered yes explicitly and no implicitly. Which is it?

Moves
16 Oct 16

I don't think you really know what you believe but enjoy tackling others with your silly debating tactic. That's what I believe.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

Interesting that you have not answered a single question that I have asked you whereas I have answered every question that you have asked me.
Here's one question you sidestepped: You believe that "the condemned will be cast in a fire that is not quenched and where the worm doesn't die"; what does that mean exactly?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester to Fetchmyjunk
I don't think you really know what you believe but enjoy tackling others with your silly debating tactic. That's what I believe.
I have a feeling he is simply trying to brandish the word "willful" [as in "willful sin"] as a kind of slightly self-aggrandizing put-down/mealy-mouthed condemnation.

Moves
16 Oct 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I have a feeling he is simply trying to brandish the word "willful" [as in "willful sin"] as a kind of slightly self-aggrandizing put-down/mealy-mouthed condemnation.
One thing I found interesting about this thread is how it managed to so rapidly draw fire at me from my detractors. Even Kellyjay found the courage to post about me, albeit via a snide post to sonship who was clearly fiddling with his trigger also. Quite a good thread actually.

Edit: carrobie was "in like flint" on page one Lol.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
One thing I found interesting about this thread is how it managed to so rapidly draw fire at me from my detractors. Even Kellyjay found the courage to post about me, albeit via a snide post to sonship who was clearly fiddling with his trigger also.
"All join on for a game of war", as we used to say as we marched around the primary school playground at break time. 😉

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Because... if you "sin", you believe you will be "damned"?
Sin is what separates us from God.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
What "sins" do you believe divegeester is committing that you are not committing?
I believe we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God, I never said his sins are different to mine even if they were is doesn't really matter.

Moves
16 Oct 16

The atmosphere is what separates us from space.

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

If you believe you aren't going to be "damned" why don't you believe - or assume - that another Christian won't be "damned" for the same reason as you won't?

F

Moves
16 Oct 16

I believe we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God, I never said his sins are different to mine even if they were is doesn't really matter.
So you're both probably "saved" from "damnation" because of "Jesus and what He did on the cross"?