1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 16:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and yet you have FAILED miserably to provide any compelling evidence that this State sponsored persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses is part of a ' broader assault against Christians'.
    Why have you stated that you are not concerned about other Christians who are being oppressed in Russia, Robbie?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 23:27
    Rather interestingly if we lose this case we shall have the same legal status as ISIS.

Reading the Bible together or talking to others about their faith could lead to prosecutions, they added. Properties dedicated to worship and almost 400 legal entities could also be dissolved, they said.

Vasiliy Kalin, a representative for the Russian group, ...[text shortened]... europe/russian-government-jehovahs-witnesses-extremist-group-lawsuit-supreme-court-a7634671.html
    It's funny how so may here proclaim that the world is getting better on just about every level which is the opposite of what the bible says would happen in the "last days". So they ignore the bible and it's prophesies and claim "all things are still the same as in the past" And even "put their trust in earthly man" to solve all of the worlds problems.
    But they all forget and deny who's in control which is Satan. No earthly man or government can fight him or change his ways no matter how sincere they man be to make the earth a better place.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 02:24
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's funny how so may here proclaim that the world is getting better on just about every level which is the opposite of what the bible says would happen in the "last days".
    Well, in so many important and fundamental ways that affect the vast majority of ordinary people living their lives all across the globe, things are getting better, ongoing problems and challenges notwithstanding. So what does it actually matter if it is "the opposite of what the bible says" other than, perhaps, your prophesy is mistaken? Make a case.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 02:27
    But they all forget and deny who's in control which is Satan.
    By "they", presumably you are referring to people more optimistic about the state of the world and the human condition than you are: i.e. people like me. Now, if I simply don't believe that the supernatural figure you call "Satan" exists, how can you credibly claim that I "forget" he is in control?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 02:30
    galveston75, on page 5 there are four responses to your posts. If this thread topic is of genuine interest to you, please reply to them.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 03:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    No one has denied that the JWs are under assault in Russia. The point, though, is that there is a broader assault against Christians going on in that country and it is an issue of the fundamental human rights connected with religious observance. You have taken a stance which seems to be in denial of this.
    The Orthodox are not under attack in Russia.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 03:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Orthodox are not under attack in Russia.
    I know. I didn't claim they were. I posted several links to illustrate the extent to which Christians and their human right are under attack.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know. I didn't claim they were. I posted several links to illustrate the extent to which Christians and their human right are under attack.
    and yet your claim that the action brought by the Russian government against Jehovahs Witnesses was simply part of a much broader persecution of Christians remains unconvincing.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 10:27
    and yet your claim that the action brought by the Russian government against Jehovahs Witnesses was simply part of a much broader persecution of Christians remains unconvincing.
    Check out the links I provided.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 19:54
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/supreme-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia/ar-BBA5BDo?ocid=sf

So it looks like Russia has decided. A very sad day but one that is to be expected. The Witnesses did very well before when they had to worship in hiding and will do fine now. No man run government can stand against Jehovah's will.

How do the American players here feel about this with the laws of this land that are to protect it's citizens with religious freedom?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 20:154 edits
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/supreme-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia/ar-BBA5BDo?ocid=sf

So it looks like Russia has decided. A very sad day but one that is to be expected. The Witnesses did very well before when they had to worship in hiding and will do fine now. No man run government can stand against Jehovah's will.

How do the Ame ...[text shortened]... about this with the laws of this land that are to protect it's citizens with religious freedom?
    Extremists? my goodness. Sickest thing I have heard but like you say to be expected. Looks like its back to the forest again for mass picnics. At least we wont be shipped off to Siberia this time though. Literature will need to be smuggled around though and Bibles hidden.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 21:56

How do the Ame ...[text shortened]... about this with the laws of this land that are to protect it's citizens with religious freedom?
    Robbie has stated in this thread that he is not interested in the persecution of other Christian sects outside of the JWs; how do you feel about this subject?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 21:56
    Extremists? my goodness. Sickest thing I have heard but like you say to be expected. Looks like its back to the forest again for mass picnics. At least we wont be shipped off to Siberia this time though. Literature will need to be smuggled around though and Bibles hidden.
    Why have you stated that you are not concerned about other Christians who are being oppressed in Russia, Robbie?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 23:00
    Well before it's over more countries will be doing this and eventually even worse.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 23:11
    "Extremists? my goodness. Sickest thing I have heard but like you say to be expected."

So what if it's an extremist organization? If it's correct in belief and action, that's not sick, it's healthy. What it really means it that it would have people do things that the people in charge don't want it to do.

"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree