Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So you do not see the JW legal action in Russia as them seeking to assert the right to have a national headquarters and to have 395 local chapters around the country?
What is it about the action being instigated by the Russian government that yet fails you?

F

Moves
07 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What is it about the action being instigated by the Russian government that yet fails you?
I understand that the Russian government is seeking to abrogate the rights of JWs in the country. I also understand that they are taking aggressive legal action against you. Do do you, or do you not, see the JW legal action in Russia as an endeavour to assert the right of JWs to operate in Russia and to exercise their civil right to worship and congregate freely?

F

Moves
07 Apr 17

Now you are blubbering gibberish.
You altered the meaning of the sentence I had addressed to you.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I understand that the Russian government is seeking the abrogate the rights of JWs in the country. I also understand that they are taking aggressive legal action against you. Do do you or do you not see the JW legal action in Russia as an endeavour to assert the right of JWs to operate in Russia and to exercise their civil right to worship and congregate freely?
Its a defense against a specific claim, that we are extremists. This is the actual claim that is being considered by the Russian supreme court. Yes it has implications for us, but the claim is that we are extremists.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You altered the meaning of the sentence I had addressed to you.
not at all old bean, it encapsulated perfectly the sentiments, I was merely distilling the essence from your flowery ideological rhetoric..

F

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Its a defense against a specific claim, that we are extremists. This is the actual claim that is being considered by the Russian supreme court.
So it's only about how you are labelled - you object to being labelled "extremist" - and not about what the Russian government seeks to do to the JW organization, e.g. liquidate the group's national headquarters and 395 local chapters etc.?

F

Moves
07 Apr 17

Yes it has implications for us, but the claim is that we are extremists.
So your legal struggle is to get them to drop that specific accusation and not to a struggle assert the rights of JW members in Russia?

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
So it's only about how you are labelled - you object to being labelled "extremist" -
and not about what the Russian government seeks to do to the JW organization, e.g. liquidate the group's national headquarters and 395 local chapters etc.?
I have acknowledge that it has implications which hinge on the claim that we are extremists.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So your legal struggle is to get them to drop that specific accusation and not to a struggle assert the rights of JW members in Russia?
The claim carries with it certain implications, but you know this FMF.

F

Moves
07 Apr 17

The claim carries with it certain implications,
Implications for the human rights of the JW organizations' members?

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Implications for the human rights of the JW organizations' members?
lol implications regarding our legals status, must we tread the same paths again and again.

F

Moves
07 Apr 17

lol implications regarding our legals status, must we tread the same paths again and again.
You are steadfastly refusing to tread the path of whether or not the human rights of the JW organizations' members are being abrogated in Russia.

rc

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You are steadfastly refusing to tread the path of whether or not the human rights of the JW organizations' members are being abrogated in Russia.
Indeed I prefer to stick to concrete variations if you don't mind. Anyhow I need to go to work. Cya!

F

Moves
07 Apr 17

Indeed I prefer to stick to concrete variations if you don't mind.
So "legal status" and being labelled "extremist" are "concrete variations", while an assault on the fundamental human rights of JWs is not?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Apr 17

Its a legal battle with the Russian government which has designated that we are extremists and is entirely specific to us.
Have they? Please post the link where the Russian government states that. And by the way you are religious extremists as I've explained earlier in this thread.