Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its the title of the article, did you not read it or go to the link?
There are dozens of articles popping up from various sources, this is the only one talking about "terrorism".

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Unless you want the topic here to be the journalistic standards at the Trinidad Express, it seems a bit odd that you would use the words "terrorist group" in your thread title kicking off a discussion ostensibly about the freedom of worship in Russia. Do you think the claim "The Russian Justice Ministry is moving to label Jehovah's Witnesses as terrorists" is factually true or untrue?
Its in the article, why you find quoting the title of an article odd i cannot say. If this is all you have to say about it then i would be pleased if you spared me, its simply meaningless drivel, sorry, no offence intended, it is what it is, some kind of flimsy attempt to get leverage because you find it odd that someone quotes the title of an article.

I don't know if its true or not, I haven't looked at the details of the case. I merely found the article interesting. If you have any concerns about the journalistic integrity of the article may I suggest you contact the authors.

I have already stated that as far as I am aware we are on trial for extremism. Why this should be difficulty to grasp I have no idea. I have also already stated that perhaps the article made some kind of link between extremism and terrorism. i have no other explanation to offer and it tedious having to repeat myself either because you have not taken the time to read the thread or you are somehow oblivious.

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

Its in the article, why you find quoting the title of an article odd i cannot say. If this is all you have to say about it then i would be pleased if you spared me, its simply meaningless drivel, sorry, no offence intended, it is what it is, some kind of flimsy attempt to get leverage because you find it odd that someone quotes the title of an articl ...[text shortened]... concerns about the journalistic integrity of the article may I suggest you contact the authors.
According to your reading of the article, do you think Frank Pantin, the official from the Trinidad Association of Jehovah's Witnesses, has claimed explicitly that the JWs in Russia are being labelled as "terrorists" by the government there?.

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
According to your reading of the article, do you think Frank Pantin, the official from the Trinidad Association of Jehovah's Witnesses, has claimed explicitly that the JWs in Russia are being labelled as "terrorists" by the government there?.
This is really bottom of the barrel stuff and I am simply going to ignore it, sorry, no personal offence intended.

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

This is really bottom of the barrel stuff and I am simply going to ignore it, sorry, no personal offence intended.
I'm looking at your chosen thread title. And I've read the article at the link you provided in the OP. If Frank Pantin from the JW organization in Trinidad has stated that the JWs have been labelled as "terrorists" by the Russian government, do you believe Pantin's claim to be factually accurate?

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I'm looking at your chosen thread title. And I've read the article at the link you provided in the OP. If Frank Pantin from the JW organization in Trinidad has stated that the JWs have been labelled as "terrorists" by the Russian government, do you believe Pantin's claim to be factually accurate?
I have no idea after reading the article where you get the ludicrous idea from, perhaps you can point it out. If you will not or cannot then why are you slobbering about things that are not even in the article?

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

I have no idea after reading the article where you get the ludicrous idea from, perhaps you can point it out. If you will not or cannot then why are you slobbering about things that are not even in the article?
According to the article, did Frank Pantin use the word "terrorist" with regard to the JWs in Russia or not?

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
According to the article, did Frank Pantin use the word "terrorist" with regard to the JWs in Russia or not?
More bottom of the barrel stuff, sorry I am simply going to ignore it.

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

More bottom of the barrel stuff, sorry I am simply going to ignore it.
Your thread title is "Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group". Who is claiming the Russians have called the JWs "a terrorist group"?

F

Moves
29 Mar 17
1 edit

The irony of the matter is that Russia signed up to the European court of human rights but made a law in 2015 I think that can effectively overrule any decisions of the court. We are non political in the sense that we have no part in the political process.
Do you believe that JWs should benefit from the political process that resulted in countries signing up to the European Court of Human Rights and from the laws that court seeks to enforce?

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Your thread title is "Russia: Witnesses a terrorist group". Who is claiming the Russians have called the JWs "a terrorist group"?
bottom of the barrel

rc

Moves
29 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe that JWs should benefit from the political process that resulted in countries signing up to the European Court of Human Rights and from the laws that court seeks to enforce?
and another tedious interrogation, thanks but I'll pass.

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

and another tedious interrogation, thanks but I'll pass.
Do you support the European Court of Human Rights and the work it does? You mentioned it on page 1 of this thread.

Moves
29 Mar 17

I suggest anyone wondering if the t&t express is above puffing up a story and/or accepting such puffery verbatim, go to the URL and scroll through the entire page. It looks like tabloid journalism.

F

Moves
29 Mar 17

Originally posted by JS357
I suggest anyone wondering if the t&t express is above puffing up a story and/or accepting such puffery verbatim, go to the URL and scroll through the entire page. It looks like tabloid journalism.
If the Trinidad Express is robbie carrobie's chosen daily paper, then so be it. 😛