1. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    My parents are dead and I don't appreciate the joke.

I thought you didn't get personal? Mock me if you wish, leave my parents out of it!!
    Death is nothing, and everybody dies. Its how you live that matters, and you seem to have failed at life. Worse you are fond of boasting of your failures. So instead of doing that learn to fix what is wrong.

By the way I said I dont ask personal questions, not that I never get personal.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Were your parents monkeys from St Kitts? LOL 😀
    Asking personal questions again I see.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:48
    Originally posted by chaney3
    People want to argue for choice, and will power, but neglect to consider the physical problem at work.
    I for one do not neglect the physical problem. Even choosing to take the first drink, is affected strongly by physical aspects. My point is that blaming the physical results in you being more likely to take the first drink because it makes you less likely to feel guilty about it as you have placed the blame elsewhere. The first step to solving a problem is taking ownership of it and taking responsibility.
    The secret to success is recognising the physical aspect and working around it. For a start, don't take that first drink. But more importantly, don't put yourself in a position where that first drink is available. And as others have said, seek support. Playing the victim will not fix anything. Satan won't feel sorry for you because you complained about him on RHP.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 16:54
    The human brain is not as much under conscious control as we like to imagine. Nevertheless if we get to understand how it works, we can trick it into giving us what we want. Recognise what causes you to make bad decisions and find remedies that will stop them before they happen. If you drink because of other problems, address those other problems. If you drink because you feel you just can't help it, then attach stronger self punishments to such behaviour. Promise yourself that when you drink you will give up something you like - and follow through. Treat your own brain like a child to be taught.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 17:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Asking personal questions again I see.
    You dont know a real question when you see it. Thats why communicating on this forum seems to be difficult for you.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 17:25
    You dont know a real question when you see it. Thats why communicating on this forum seems to be difficult for you.
    I know what a real question is, and I can tell when it is personal. You did both just to insult.
    A far cry from loving your neighbor as yourself. Acting superior as if you are above such
    things only shows how small you really are.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 17:32
    IActing superior as if you are above such things only shows how small you really are.
    Why don't you ignore every post he makes; that will show him how much bigger than him you are.

🙂
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 17:521 edit
    I know what a real question is, and I can tell when it is personal. You did both just to insult.
    A far cry from loving your neighbor as yourself. Acting superior as if you are above such
    things only shows how small you really are.
    What utter bull !! Some well placed insults served to help many in the Bible and you clearly do not understand what Jesus means when he said to 'love your neighbour as yourself'. Let me know if you want me to educate you on that. Pussyfooting around is for wusses like you who have too much estrogen in your system.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 18:21
    What utter bull !! Some well placed insults served to help many in the Bible and you clearly do not understand what Jesus means when he said to 'love your neighbour as yourself'. Let me know if you want me to educate you on that. Pussyfooting around is for wusses like you who have too much estrogen in your system.
    It isn't me you will answer too, you will live and die by your own words and works since that
    is after all your ticket to please.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 18:34
    It isn't me you will answer too, you will live and die by your own words and works since that
    is after all your ticket to please.
    You seem to have some kind of problem. Do you also have family in St Kitts?
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 21:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I Googled it, and guess what, it seems alcoholic monkeys are mostly found on St Kitts, and not elsewhere. It would seem that exposure to alcohol (nurture) beats nature.

All addictions including alcoholism and obesity are a mixture between choice and genetic / nurtured tendencies. Between choice and nature/nurture, you cannot lay the blame on one singl ...[text shortened]... e elsewhere as an excuse. Blaming Satan is post justification in an attempt to reduce the guilt.
    Well I would imagine it would be fairly difficult to form a dependence on alcohol without a ready supply!

The salient point of the various studies into the behaviour of the St Kitts Monkeys is, of course, the proportion of monkeys which seem unable to resist forming the dependence. A proportion which closely matches that seen in human populations. It would seem likely, do you not think, that human beings should be more able to resist this inclination than vervet monkeys?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 22:28
    You seem to have some kind of problem. Do you also have family in St Kitts?
    Do you sin daily?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 09:231 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3... as described in the book of Alcoholics Anonymous,...
    AA is a bunch of nonsense. It is dishonest and illogical.
    Google rat park, google addiction is a choice, and learn that anyone can control their addictions and that the problem is you are unhappy with your status quo. It sounds to me like you should move past looking at religion, since it isn't working for you.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 09:27
    Originally posted by apathist
    AA is a bunch of nonsense. It is dishonest and illogical.
    Google rat park, google addiction is a choice, and learn that anyone can control their addictions and that the problem is you are unhappy with your status quo. It sounds to me like you should move past looking at religion, since it isn't working for you.
    How old are you,11?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 10:03
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It would seem likely, do you not think, that human beings should be more able to resist this inclination than vervet monkeys?
    Clearly, addiction is biological in nature. Nevertheless, societies that do not consume alcohol (most notably Islamic societies) have lower incidences of alcoholism. The term 'nurture' refers in environmental influences which includes exposure to alcohol.

Humans that do suffer from alcoholism, can resist it as the AA can attest. To claim that anyone who becomes alcoholic or has genetic tendencies towards alcoholism can do nothing about it because of their genes, is to suggest that the AA is a useless organisation that achieves nothing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree