1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 19:09
    So....it's not surprising to see the general comments on the shooting that was done at the Kingdom Hall in Germany. I've been gone from the forums because of the massive amount of prejudice and biblical misunderstandings that some here show without even knowing it by every word they spout out and oh how that got so old to hear. And I see it is still controlled by the same few to the extent that no one else wants to be involved. So sad, but that's the way many want it to be which is to keep the truths in the bible muffled by constant silly attacking the bible and lack of even knowing the basic truths in it.
    So I know very few here will look this up. Some here think they understand the bible but no...all you understand is sinful human viewpoints influenced by Satan and have never come close to knowing Jehovah and why he has perfect and meaningful laws that all humans should follow like why be disfellowshiped is Jehovah's arrangement.
    For the couple possible comments that seemed to show sadness with this event, thank you. All mass shootings are horrible no matter the reasons. I live about 40 minutes from Uvalde here in Texas and all of us are still in shock about that horrible event. The bible promises that soon all such sadness will be gone because of Satan.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1963486
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 19:14
    @galveston75 said
    I've been gone from the forums because of the massive amount of prejudice and biblical misunderstandings that some here show without even knowing it by every word they spout out and oh how that got so old to hear.
    So why are you back?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 19:29
    @galveston75 said
    So....it's not surprising to see the general comments on the shooting that was done at the Kingdom Hall in Germany. I've been gone from the forums because of the massive amount of prejudice and biblical misunderstandings that some here show without even knowing it by every word they spout out and oh how that got so old to hear. And I see it is still controlled by the same ...[text shortened]... soon all such sadness will be gone because of Satan.

Before we address biblical misunderstanding, is the New World Translation of the Bible the only valid one? - If so, who decided that?

I ask, as in John 1:1, for example, it mistranslates, “and the Word was God” for “and the Word was a god,” completely misconstruing the meaning of the text.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:22
    @divegeester
    I believe my comments are very clear. How about you? Still nothing cleared up for you? Did you even take the time to look up the link??????????
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:24
    @galveston75 said
    So....it's not surprising to see the general comments on the shooting that was done at the Kingdom Hall in Germany. I've been gone from the forums because of the massive amount of prejudice and biblical misunderstandings that some here show without even knowing it by every word they spout out and oh how that got so old to hear. And I see it is still controlled by the same ...[text shortened]... soon all such sadness will be gone because of Satan.

Well we disagree on much, but seeing you back pleases me. 🙂
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:25
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Hello. Maybe we could stick to the subject of the shootings and why the disfellowshiped person decided to take out his frustrations on the congregation?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:25
    @KellyJay
    Thanks....
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:41
    @galveston75 said
    @divegeester
    I believe my comments are very clear. How about you? Still nothing cleared up for you? Did you even take the time to look up the link??????????
    Your comments are indeed very clear.

Rock up after 18 months away, criticise everyone here because they don’t agree with your cultish pinholed religious perspectives and post about some JW victimisation as a precursor to you hypothesising about the persecution being a sign that you are the “true church”. That you mention “disfellowshipping” is just clickbait for attention.

Nothing has changed with you Galveston75.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 20:421 edit
    @galveston75 said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Hello. Maybe we could stick to the subject of the shootings and why the disfellowshiped person decided to take out his frustrations on the congregation?
    Maybe your lot will be more careful when they next think about bullying someone with mental health issues. Hmm?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 21:33
    @divegeester
    Maybe the next gun toting crazy should ask you who you would agree with to be gunned down because of their faith that you just so happen not to agree with? Sounds like you would give the OK without hesitation......
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '24 23:401 edit
    Perhaps the NWT has corrected what was written in so many other bible translations that promote the trinity which the word trinity is not written in the Bible nor is the teaching. Did the Jews believe that Jesus was God Almighty? No they didn't.

Misconceptions About John 1:1
    Misconception: The last phrase in John 1:1 should be translated “the Word was God.”

Fact: While many Bible translators render the verse this way, others see the need to render it differently. In the original-language text, the two occurrences of “God” (Greek, the·osʹ) at John 1:1 are grammatically different. In the first occurrence, the word “God” is preceded by the Greek definite article, while the article does not appear before the second occurrence. Many scholars note that the absence of the definite article before the second the·osʹ is significant. For example, The Translator’s New Testament says regarding this absence of the article: “In effect it gives an adjectival quality to the second use of Theos (God) so that the phrase means ‘The Word was divine.’” b Other scholars c and Bible translations point to this same distinction.—See “ John 1:1 From Additional Translations.”

Misconception: The verse teaches that the Word is the same as Almighty God.

Fact: The statement “the Word was with God” indicates that two separate persons are discussed in the verse. It is not possible for the Word to be “with God” and at the same time be God Almighty. The context also confirms that the Word is not Almighty God. John 1:18 states that “no man has seen God at any time.” However, people did see the Word, Jesus, for John 1:14 states that “the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory.”@Ghost-of-a-Duke
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 08:27
    @galveston75 said
    @divegeester
    Maybe the next gun toting crazy should ask you who you would agree with to be gunned down because of their faith that you just so happen not to agree with? Sounds like you would give the OK without hesitation......
    Why are you back here?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 08:30
    @galveston75 said
    Perhaps the NWT has corrected what was written in so many other bible translations that promote the trinity which the word trinity is not written in the Bible nor is the teaching. Did the Jews believe that Jesus was God Almighty? No they didn't.

Misconceptions About John 1:1
    Misconception: The last phrase in John 1:1 should be translated “the Word was God.”

Fac ...[text shortened]... s that “the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory.”@Ghost-of-a-Duke
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

I remember you arguing that “mighty God” isn’t almighty God in order to hold your doctrine together. Would you like to go over that again?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 09:081 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I live about 40 minutes from Uvalde here in Texas and all of us are still in shock about that horrible event.

Do you feel that this particular shooting is more important than other terrible shootings, and that’s why you’re back here posting … despite this forum being an awful place?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Mar '24 09:251 edit
    @galveston75 said
    While many Bible translators render the verse this way,
    Yes, they do. - Again, why is your translation the only correct one. Who decided that?

And how is it you speak of 'facts?'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree