Shootings

Shootings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
So....it's not surprising to see the general comments on the shooting that was done at the Kingdom Hall in Germany. I've been gone from the forums because of the massive amount of prejudice and biblical misunderstandings that some here show without even knowing it by every word they spout out and oh how that got so old to hear. And I see it is still controlled by the same ...[text shortened]... soon all such sadness will be gone because of Satan.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1963486
Quoted form the article which was linked in the OP:

<
In ancient Israel the laws given by God governed the correction. Offenders who went beyond the atoning provisions of the law were to be cut off from the congregation of Israel. How? By being put to death. Later, in the Christian congregation, those who persisted in transgressing against Jehovah’s merciful provisions and who failed to show evidence of proper repentance were likewise cut off, though not being put to death. This was done by their being disfellowshiped, or excommunicated, from the Christian congregation. The requirement of adherence to righteousness was binding on both ancient Israel and the early Christian congregation.

What kind of offenses are regarded as disfellowshiping offenses? These include persistence in sexual offenses, stealing, lying, dishonest business practices, rebellion against Jehovah’s organization, slandering, drunkenness, apostasy, teaching of false doctrine and other wrongs. As the apostle Paul warned: “Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.”—1 Cor. 6:9, 10.
>

Such was the teaching of Paul.

When an angry mob brought before Jesus an accused adulteress, prepared to stone her to death, what did Jesus teach? Yes, everyone knows what Jesus said: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and every Christian will draw only the most superficial conclusion, 'that everyone is a sinner.' But did anyone notice what Jesus did, or rather did not do? Jesus, who was without sin, also did not cast a stone against her. Nor did he cast her out of the community.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@divegeester
Nope......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@divegeester
Nope...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@moonbus
So what is your point?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes, they do. - Again, why is your translation the only correct one. Who decided that?

And how is it you speak of 'facts?'
As I expected.

Über-Nerd

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
@moonbus
So what is your point?
Disfellowshipping people is not what Jesus taught. It's what some sect has misinterpreted into what Jesus taught.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

galveston75 creates a thread, shoots, misses and leaves.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@moonbus said
Disfellowshipping people is not what Jesus taught. It's what some sect has misinterpreted into what Jesus taught.
Oh my. How can the clearest point on earth constantly be missed. Yes there is no argument that Jesus forgave her. But Jesus could read her heart and he could see the honest sorrow in her heart for what she had been doing which was a very serious sinful act. It's called fornication. It is one that she could have been stoned to death for.
Now with Jesus seeing her sorrow and knew it was honest....he forgave her.
Now the point here is did she go back to her previous those ways if sinning? NO she didn't so she deserved forgiveness.
If Jesus knew by reading her heart that she really wasn't serious in wanting forgiveness because in her heart and mind she would continue on with her fornicating ways, forgiveness would not have happened.
What does the bible clearly says about those who PRACTICE sin? Any idea?
So now for us today, can we continue to "practice" a sin that according to the bible is a "Gross Sin" how does Jehovah view you? What does your bible say what to do with those who really don't show by actions or words that they are really not sorry for the serious sin they commented and it seems they will continue on "practicing it"?
Such a simple example Jesus gave and such a simple thing to see that if one isn't sorry and by the elders meeting with them sometimes many times and understanding that this person cannot be allowed to fellowship with the congregation because of the damage they could do, they are disfellowshipped.
If they respect the non fellowship situation with the congregation, they are still allowed to attend the meetings and that will hopefully bring their heart back in line with Jehovah's rules that are in your bible.
The last thing anyone in the congregations want is to have one of their brothers or sisters to be disfellowshiped. It hurts us all. But after time when they are reinstated it can be an incredible happy time for us all..............
Make any sense to you?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
Oh my. How can the clearest point on earth constantly be missed. Yes there is no argument that Jesus forgave her. But Jesus could read her heart and he could see the honest sorrow in her heart for what she had been doing which was a very serious sinful act. It's called fornication. It is one that she could have been stoned to death for.
Now with Jesus seeing her sorro ...[text shortened]... are reinstated it can be an incredible happy time for us all..............
Make any sense to you?
Have I been disfellowed sir or are you simply avoiding questions you struggle to answer?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

My first memory of Jehovah Witnesses was hiding under our dinning table with my mum, while a persistent and rather intimidating Jehovah Witness banged on our door. (As he did frequently). My last memory was while doing a home visit to a client during an obvious mental health relapse, and of him answering the door to 2 Jehovah Witnesses who took advantage of his compromised mental health, manipulating him on his own doorstep. (Completely unaware I was listening from his front room). When I went out to challenge them they couldn't have left quickly enough, their expressions alone making clear they knew they'd behaved in a shameless fashion.

Missionary work for Jehovah Witnesses has as much to do with their own salvation as the people they try to convert, often targeting the must vulnerable in society to get their quota up.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My first memory of Jehovah Witnesses was hiding under our dinning table with my mum, while a persistent and rather intimidating Jehovah Witness banged on our door. (As he did frequently). My last memory was while doing a home visit to a client during an obvious mental health relapse, and of him answering the door to 2 Jehovah Witnesses who took advantage of his compro ...[text shortened]... he people they try to convert, often targeting the must vulnerable in society to get their quota up.
Hum? So I wasn't there during your childhood nor did I hear what was being said at the door. If it was something that you thought was unappropriate you should have spoken to your parents? Nor was I there when this supposed manipulating took place.
I have been a jW since I was 6 years old and have never once seen or heard of anything like that. But if it did...Jehovah was witness to that and he will or would have taken care of it.

Perhaps you should go to JW.ORG to see how the Witnesses discuss the bible with ones we meet at the door................

So are you saying you are disfellowshipped now?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
60d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My first memory of Jehovah Witnesses was hiding under our dinning table with my mum, while a persistent and rather intimidating Jehovah Witness banged on our door. (As he did frequently). My last memory was while doing a home visit to a client during an obvious mental health relapse, and of him answering the door to 2 Jehovah Witnesses who took advantage of his compro ...[text shortened]... he people they try to convert, often targeting the must vulnerable in society to get their quota up.
Not one JW is saved.....

Über-Nerd

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
Now with Jesus seeing her sorro ...[text shortened]... are reinstated it can be an incredible happy time for us all..............
Make any sense to you?
What you say makes sense. It's still not what what Jesus taught. Jesus did not teach to forgive people if they are sorry for what they did. Moreover, the Gospel does not say that she was sorry for what she did; you're making that up. What it goes on to say is that Jesus did not condemn her (John 8:11) or judge her (8:15). Nothing at all about being sorry or honest. He admonished her to give up her sin, but the Gospel does not relate whether she did so or suffered disfellowship if she did not give up her sin.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
Not one JW is saved.....
'Jehovah's Witnesses teach that salvation is possible only through Christ's ransom sacrifice and that individuals cannot be saved until they repent of their sins and call on the name of Jehovah. Salvation is described as a free gift from God, but is said to be unattainable without good works that are prompted by faith.'

Our old friend Wikipedia

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
60d
1 edit

@galveston75 said

Now the point here is did she go back to her previous those ways if sinning? NO she didn't so she deserved forgiveness.
How do you know this? Was there a sequel?

Edit: You have a tendency to speak of things in a factual manner, when you couldn't possibly have any further knowledge. - At odds with biblical teaching, you have also twisted scripture to create a version that supports your non biblical beliefs. If God exists, I don't think He will look kindly on that. Have you ever thought about that, the divine consequences of causing souls to wander away from biblical truth?