Shootings

Shootings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
60d
1 edit

@galveston75 said
@divegeester
Nope...
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

I remember you arguing that “mighty God” isn’t almighty God in order to hold your doctrine together. Would you like to go over that again?

Didn’t think so.

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
Oh my. How can the clearest point on earth constantly be missed. Yes there is no argument that Jesus forgave her. But Jesus could read her heart and he could see the honest sorrow in her heart for what she had been doing which was a very serious sinful act. It's called fornication. It is one that she could have been stoned to death for.
Now with Jesus seeing her sorro ...[text shortened]... are reinstated it can be an incredible happy time for us all..............
Make any sense to you?
Your cult’s bullying of members who don’t comply is utterly disgraceful.

I wonder how @beauroberts is now, after he and his wife were abused by their local JW group.

Moves
60d

And let’s not forget the Royal Australian Commission’s report into the JW leadership covering up child sex abuse.

Moves
60d

@galveston75 said
Oh my. How can the clearest point on earth constantly be missed. Yes there is no argument that Jesus forgave her. But Jesus could read her heart and he could see the honest sorrow in her heart for what she had been doing which was a very serious sinful act. It's called fornication. It is one that she could have been stoned to death for.
Now with Jesus seeing her sorro ...[text shortened]... are reinstated it can be an incredible happy time for us all..............
Make any sense to you?
Actually the reason all the men ready to stone her did not cast a stone at the town's harlot was because they had all fornicated with her. They had at some point in time paid her for sexual services. That is why Jesus, a mind reader, said what he said about the first without the same sin to cast the first stone. Fornication requires at least two to be committed.

Jesus could not stone her either, because he knew he would use her services later on, but only Platonic love services, to be clear, as Jesus' Platonic love extends to men too. Obviously the woman in the scene was the harlot, Mary Magdalena.

Jesus commands his disciples to love one another as he has loved them, Platonic love. But there is a passage in the bible which emphasizes Jesus' particular love for one of his disciples.... "the disciple whom Jesus loved." There has always been an uncertainty as to the identity of this particular disciple whom Jesus loved.

Moves
59d

I sense some dust being shaken from some JW sandals and another 18 month sabbatical.

Über-Nerd

Moves
59d

@pettytalk said
Actually the reason all the men ready to stone her did not cast a stone at the town's harlot was because they had all fornicated with her. They had at some point in time paid her for sexual services. That is why Jesus, a mind reader, said what he said about the first without the same sin to cast the first stone. Fornication requires at least two to be committed.

Jesus c ...[text shortened]... tity of this particular disciple whom Jesus loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFsnptQEWvM
There is no uncertainty about it at all. She was Miriamne, the one he married and with whom he had a child.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
59d

@divegeester said
Your cult’s bullying of members who don’t comply is utterly disgraceful.

I wonder how @beauroberts is now, after he and his wife were abused by their local JW group.
Personally I do not fancy the JWs. They have a load of doctrinal errors from the trivial to the ridiculous [like believing the that are the 144,000 referred to in Revelation ... what idiots], and they have their stupid rules. But the thing is it is ther rules, their organisation and it is their club. You want to be in their club, then follow the rules. Otherwise leave in peace.

The real issue is that people are weak. They lack the balls to walk away from these cults and little do they know that it is a blessing that they are sidelined, disfellowshipped or shunned. Its the best thing that ever happened to them if they only know what to do with that freedom from these JW monsters.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
59d

. Based on the principles of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian Greek Scriptures by command and precedent authorize expulsion, or disfellowshipping, from the Christian congregation. By exercising this God-given authority, the congregation keeps itself clean and in good standing before God. The apostle Paul, with the authority vested in him, ordered the expulsion of an incestuous fornicator who had taken his father’s wife. (1Co 5:5, 11, 13) He also exercised disfellowshipping authority against Hymenaeus and Alexander. (1Ti 1:19, 20) Diotrephes, however, was apparently trying to exercise disfellowshipping action wrongly.​—3Jo 9, 10.

Some of the offenses that could merit disfellowshipping from the Christian congregation are fornication, adultery, homosexuality, greed, extortion, thievery, lying, drunkenness, reviling, spiritism, murder, idolatry, apostasy, and the causing of divisions in the congregation. (1Co 5:9-13; 6:9, 10; Tit 3:10, 11; Re 21:8) Mercifully, one promoting a sect is warned a first and a second time before such disfellowshipping action is taken against him. In the Christian congregation, the principle enunciated in the Law applies, namely, that two or three witnesses must establish evidence against the accused one. (1Ti 5:19) Those who have been convicted of a practice of sin are reproved Scripturally before the “onlookers,” for example, those who testified concerning the sinful conduct, so that they too may all have a healthy fear of such sin.​—1Ti 5:20; see REPROOF.

The Christian congregation is also admonished by Scripture to stop socializing with those who are disorderly and not walking correctly but who are not deemed deserving of complete expulsion. Paul wrote the Thessalonian congregation concerning such: “Stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother.”​—2Th 3:6, 11, 13-15.

However, regarding any who were Christians but later repudiated the Christian congregation or were expelled from it, the apostle Paul commanded: “Quit mixing in company with” such a one; and the apostle John wrote: “Never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him.”​—1Co 5:11; 2Jo 9, 10.

Those who have been expelled may be received back into the congregation if they manifest sincere repentance. (2Co 2:5-8) This also is a protection to the congregation, preventing it from being overreached by Satan in swinging from condoning wrongdoing to the other extreme, becoming harsh and unforgiving.​—2Co 2:10, 11.

So here is a group of scriptures that explain Jehovah's directions on removing ones from the congregations for their actions.
For the ones here that do not agree with the Witnesses in disfellowshipping ones who have decided to practice such sins willfully, I don't know what to say. If you don't like Jehovah's commands which we follow and enforce then that is your problem. We follow the Bible which is God's word.
So if your church willingly allows fornicators, thieves, homosexuals, etc to join in and have no remorse with their actions, the ones here that don't see how wrong this is...... you have a very large problem with your standing with Jehovah.
I would say your relationship with him is on very thin ice.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
. Based on the principles of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian Greek Scriptures by command and precedent authorize expulsion, or disfellowshipping, from the Christian congregation. By exercising this God-given authority, the congregation keeps itself clean and in good standing before God. The apostle Paul, with the authority vested in him, ordered the expulsion of an i ...[text shortened]... lem with your standing with Jehovah.
I would say your relationship with him is on very thin ice.
Nobody really care to be educated in the doctrine promoted by the WatchTower Organisation. The point is that people join this organisation with full knowledge of the rules, doctrine and guidelines of this group. They know that if they violate these, they will be disfellowshipped and shunned. They know.

In the end Jesus will judge the people that participated in this exercise of shunning. Chances are good that those shunned and disfellowshipped will receive mercy from Christ while those so called 'elders' who lacked compassion and mercy will find themselves cast out.

Contrary to what the WatchTower promotes, you people are not 'Mother' while God is the Father.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How do you know this? Was there a sequel?

Edit: You have a tendency to speak of things in a factual manner, when you couldn't possibly have any further knowledge. - At odds with biblical teaching, you have also twisted scripture to create a version that supports your non biblical beliefs. If God exists, I don't think He will look kindly on that. Have you ever thought about that, the divine consequences of causing souls to wander away from biblical truth?
Dodge noted.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d

@galveston75 said
Hum? So I wasn't there during your childhood nor did I hear what was being said at the door. If it was something that you thought was unappropriate you should have spoken to your parents? Nor was I there when this supposed manipulating took place.
What does it matter if you were there personally? I'm speaking about the conduct of members of your church I have encountered who target and manipulate vulnerable members of the community. Stay the hell off our doorsteps and stop pretending your missionary work isn't for your own benefit.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
59d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'Jehovah's Witnesses teach that salvation is possible only through Christ's ransom sacrifice and that individuals cannot be saved until they repent of their sins and call on the name of Jehovah. Salvation is described as a free gift from God, but is said to be unattainable without good works that are prompted by faith.'

Our old friend Wikipedia
To be fair, this theme is common in Christianity as a whole. JWs did not break new ground with this.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d
2 edits

@suzianne said
To be fair, this theme is common in Christianity as a whole. JWs did not break new ground with this.
It was in response to him saying:

"Not one JW is saved."

This seems at odds with what I posted from Wiki.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
59d
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It was in response to him saying:

"Not one JW is saved."

This seems at odds with what I posted from Wiki.
It actually might be the most truthful thing he ever posted, given the Wikipedia statement.

Saved Christians don't go around creating a Bible, rewriting it in the process, that just happens to support their off-kilter beliefs.

Just one example, they believe that the Holy Eucharist is only for the church elites and should not be given more than once a year.

Most denominations derive their beliefs from the Bible. JWs derive their Bible from their beliefs.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
59d

@suzianne said
It actually might be the most truthful thing he ever posted, given the Wikipedia statement.

Saved Christians don't go around creating a Bible, rewriting it in the process, that just happens to support their off-kilter beliefs.
A Freudian slip perhaps?