1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 14:18
    @suzianne said
    That's partially my point. Didn't he say "Valley of the Sun"?
    The man is obsessed with my location. He has to only accept a bet to prove that I lied about my location in an area that is nicknamed the 'Valley of the Sun.'

If you are still in the Phoenix area, I don't believe he'll believe you, even if you looked out your window and waved at me. He would only raise the old accusation of your being paranoid for seeing things that are not there. Or he would say that you were lying to him, in spite.

And that raises the question of how to deal with a pest such as a persistent fly. Do we use the fly squatter or the insecticide? Perhaps that old sticky fly paper would work better, as we could spend a few hours watching him helplessly, and desperately, try to get away. That would be just retribution too.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 14:42
    @kellyjay said
    I found a HUGE MOREL while playing golf, I wish I had weighed it, but it was quite tasty!

I used to play on a private golf course with 10 holes, there were 2 different nr 8 holes, one was 100 yards the other 150 when we played 18 we would play both. I played my best golf there which is not saying much I never broke 90, I came close once I only needed 3 over a par, last ...[text shortened]... went over again trying to get back, then 4 over par gave me a 90, and a sad story. 😵 😳 😢 😞 😏 🤔
    "I found a HUGE MOREL while playing golf, I wish I had weighed it, but it was quite tasty!"

Wow, morels are one of the choice edibles when it comes to mushrooms. I don't how much you know about mycology. But did you know that morel harvests are plentiful in burn areas? In olden times in Europe some have been known to set fires in the forest just for the benefit of harvesting morels afterwards.

And tell me, do you forage for other varieties of edible mushrooms? We seem to be finding more things in common. Now it's golf and wild mushrooms.

See what happens if we just keep talking?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 14:56
    @pettytalk said
    "I found a HUGE MOREL while playing golf, I wish I had weighed it, but it was quite tasty!"

Wow, morels are one of the choice edibles when it comes to mushrooms. I don't how much you know about mycology. But did you know that morel harvests are plentiful in burn areas? In olden times in Europe some have been known to set fires in the forest just for the benefit of harves ...[text shortened]... re things in common. Now it's golf and wild mushrooms.

😀👍
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 16:04
    @pettytalk said

Wow, morels are one of the choice edibles when it comes to mushrooms. I don't how much you know about mycology. But did you know that morel harvests are plentiful in burn areas? In olden times in Europe some have been known to set fires in the forest just for the benefit of harves ...[text shortened]... re things in common. Now it's golf and wild mushrooms.

We moved away from where we could find them during the brief time they popped up, decades ago, but I have friends who send me pictures once in a while just to torture me. One was the size of a plate, but a grocery bag full of them is more painful. 😭
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 05:19
    @divegeester said
    Valley of the Sun is in Arizona, not Chicago?
    Yes, although we usually just shorten it to "the Valley" when talking amongst ourselves.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 08:18
    @suzianne said
    Yes, although we usually just shorten it to "the Valley" when talking amongst ourselves.
    I see, so not in Chicago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree