1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 02:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Hummm...Actually my research online shows it poverty, but distribution I'm sure is up there.
    Again, can you please provide the links to the "research" you are referring to?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 09:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you please not take threads off topic, especially when all you are doing is being used by Carrobie to deflect the thread. As a previous moderator elsewhere I thought you would realise what's happing and be immune to it. Thanks.
    Ah sorry. You mean taking the thread off topic where you are calling someone an arsehat and asking if he means my wife is a slapper? (And when did you last address the actual topic of the thread, you know, the future?)

Deflecting the thread was 'all me.' I made no mention of my wife in this thread and didn't appreciate your reference to her. (Again, I had only mentioned my sister was from Essex. I really would rather not have a message on my screen asking if someone means my wife is a slapper, when said wife is sitting on the sofa next to me).

Thanks.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 12:56
    This is one thread that our friend divegeester should want encased in concrete and buried deep into cyberspace. Perhaps it will be a catalyst for self reflection and the need for some character refinement.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This is one thread that our friend divegeester should want encased in concrete and buried deep into cyberspace. Perhaps it will be a catalyst for self reflection and the need for some character refinement.
    I thought you had condemned people for moralizing over others? And yet here you, yourself, are...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought you had condemned people for moralizing over others? And yet here you, yourself, are...
    Pointing out that divegeester may want to forget this thread and spend some time in self reflection is not moralising over him. Its simply good advice.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Ah sorry...
    Apology accepted Captain Needa.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:20
    Pointing out that divegeester may want to forget this thread and spend some time in self reflection is not moralising over him. Its simply good advice.
    But calling me a narcissistic satanist is OK down Kingdom Hall?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:28
    Apology accepted Captain Needa.
    Sarcastic apologies don't count sir.

😉

Now which topic shall we return to, yours or the thread's OP?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:442 edits
    Sarcastic apologies don't count sir.

😉

Now which topic shall we return to, yours or the thread's OP?
    I'm sorry that you didn't not like being called on poor forum process; you are very happy to do this to other when it suits you. Please stop indulging the weasel when he is trying to drag threads off topic. Simple request, no need to get bent out of shape.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 15:01
    I'm sorry that you didn't not like being called on poor forum process; you are very happy to do this to other when it suits you. Please stop indulging the weasel when he is trying to drag threads off topic. Simple request, no need to get bent out of shape.
    "I'm sorry..." Apology accepted.

Robbie (aka the weasel) made a joke about Essex girls. It was clearly not to be taken seriously, just like your post in the GF 'good riddance' was not to be taken seriously. Still, you wanted to run with it as usual and make a 'hippo out of a hamster'. (Copyrighted).

And i'll indulge whoever I choose...Request denied.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:24
    "I'm sorry..." Apology accepted.

Robbie (aka the weasel) made a joke about Essex girls. It was clearly not to be taken seriously, just like your post in the GF 'good riddance' was not to be taken seriously. Still, you wanted to run with it as usual and make a 'hippo out of a hamster'. (Copyrighted).

And i'll indulge whoever I choose...Request denied.
    Robbie the weasel? I sound like a safe cracking criminal!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:26
    Robbie the weasel? I sound like a safe cracking criminal!
    It's nice to see you being so optimistic robbie.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 16:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes more people brings more problems usually. But with issues like food, this planet could produce so much more but money and wicked governments has kept so many areas from thriving as they could with food production.
    We can and will produce more but we are, as a species, using up 50% of Earth's resources already. That means we could double present production but not anywhere close to 10 times. That means there will be more and more millions dying from starvation as is happening right now in South Sudan. The only reason they are alive now is United Nations food relief air dropped by the thousands of tons. When that no longer becomes possible, famine deaths will ensue.

The bottom line is, there are already too many people on the planet, and of course there are those saying we can support 20 billion and so forth. Even 8 billion coming up soon, is ten times too many people for the resources of the planet. We are like maggots eating ourselves out of house and home.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 02:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    The definition of the word "pessimism" corresponds exactly to the meaning I am trying to convey.
    Who cares?

That doesn't even tangentially resemble my point.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 02:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're barking up the wrong tree, Suzianne. I am specifically not lumping pessimistic Christians in with optimistic Christians. That's the whole point.
    It also has nothing to do with what I said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree