The Lake Of Fire

The Lake Of Fire

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Here in the US, we're fixated on this whole "Christian Nation" thing that does a great disservice to people of other beliefs.
You are fixated on the "Christian Nation" thing.

When I look at the US I see a secularized nation hell bent on destruction.

At least I'm not getting arrested for my beliefs......yet.

F

Moves
14 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey

What proportion of US citizens self identify as born again or evangelical Christians? It's very high ~ compared to other developed nations.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 14

Yes, I heard many people talk like you while I was in church. I usually write such statements off as paranoia. Christianity occupies a highly privileged position in American society. Sometimes you need to step outside the church walls to notice it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Apr 14

Well, you know you could always vote Democratic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So the sins you will commit tomorrow have been forgiven in advance as long as you "serve God"? Is that what you are saying?
God's kingdom will not have sin in it, Jesus took care of sin for all who come
to God. We will still walk out our lives, for what we have done.
Kelly

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
So you can sin tomorrow and you know you are going to be forgiven [because you serve God], is that what "Jesus took care of sin for all who come to God" means?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 14

Kelly
I guess then Peter was unaware of that arrangement you lucky guys have with God, because he said something different :

2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Pet 2:20-21)

If after you accept Christ you turn away it is better if you had not known Christ in the first place. That sounds pretty scary to me. Im not referring to just sinning here but to fall away like become an atheist or commit grave sins. Only God knows who will be forgiven.

The point about all of this is that you people jump the gun and 'take' what does not yet belong to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I guess then Peter was unaware of that arrangement you lucky guys have with God, because he said something different :

[i]2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had ...[text shortened]... nt about all of this is that you people jump the gun and 'take' what does not yet belong to you.
That sounds pretty scary to me.

So all scary things in the New Testament for you can only mean one thing - eternal perdition ?

The point about all of this is that you people jump the gun and 'take' what does not yet belong to you.

The New Testament tells the believers in Jesus that they HAVE eternal life.

"He who has the Son has the life" (1 John 5:12)

Sorry it does not say he who behaves well has the life but he who has the Son has the life. What life is that that he has ?

" ... God has given to us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life."

I have the Son of God. I have the eternal life. And John wrote this so that we may hope that we have eternal life. Right ? Wrong. He wrote this that we may "know" that we HAVE eternal life.

"I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

So for the Christian to say that he knows that he has eternal life is not, as you say, jumping the gun to 'take' what does not yet belong to him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 14

[i]2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had ...[text shortened]... nt about all of this is that you people jump the gun and 'take' what does not yet belong to you.
What are you talking about?
Do you believe the day you accepted Jesus that from that point on and
forever more you will never sin?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So you can sin tomorrow and you know you are going to be forgiven [because you serve God], is that what "Jesus took care of sin for all who come to God" means?
We serve one master or another, God or sin. We should be putting our
lives in the hands of God, following hard after Him, Jesus is the Way,
the Truth, and the Life. Sin will in the end lead us to death, there may
be pleasure going down that path, it will be short lived, and in the end it
will lead to death.

I'd not make plans to sin, if you are doing that who are you really
following after? If it happens you do, then confess, repent, and follow
after God.
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 14

What are you talking about?
Do you believe the day you accepted Jesus that from that point on and
forever more you will never sin?
Kelly
How is that relevant?

F

Moves
16 Apr 14

We serve one master or another, God or sin. We should be putting our
lives in the hands of God, following hard after Him, Jesus is the Way,
the Truth, and the Life. Sin will in the end lead us to death, there may
be pleasure going down that path, it will be short lived, and in the end it
will lead to death.

I'd not make plans to sin, if you are doing ...[text shortened]... you really
following after? If it happens you do, then confess, repent, and follow
after God.
So although you know you are going to sin tomorrow, you also know you are going to be forgiven [because you "serve God"], is that what you're saying?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So although you know you are going to sin tomorrow, you also know you are going to be forgiven [because you "serve God"], is that what you're saying?
No, I'm forgiven because of God's grace and mercy, it isn't dependent
upon me. Jesus died for me, and rose from the dead it is to His glory
not mine I'm saved. I follow Him because He is worthy, it isn't a job that
I get paid with salvation by following God, it isn't by my works.
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 14

.. I follow Him ..
How does one follow Him ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

You people??

How typical.

You don't know anything about me.

Sound familiar?