The Lake Of Fire

The Lake Of Fire

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Apr 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
[quote]Originally posted by josephw
Luke 11:33
No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth [it] in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew f ...[text shortened]... are a Christian say so, it's not a personal issue. Let your light shine! Are you a Christian?
No "true Christian" would ask another Christian if they were a "True Christian"

y

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
No "true Christian" would ask another Christian if they were a "True Christian"
I did not claim to be a 'true' Christian nor did I ask anyone if they were a 'true' Christian. The question was... Are you a Christian? How about you Wolfgang, are yo a Christian or have you ever been?

Moves
18 Apr 14
1 edit

I did not claim to be a 'true' Christian nor did I ask anyone if they were a 'true' Christian. The question was... Are you a Christian? How about you Wolfgang, are yo a Christian or have you ever been?
I believe many of the atheists here are ex Christians, or were brought up in Christian families.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I believe many of the atheists here are ex Christians, or were brought up in Christian families.
Apart from me.

F

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Apart from me.
It certainly applies to me and, I am pretty sure, SwissGambit and JS357.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
It certainly applies to me and, I am pretty sure, SwissGambit and JS357.
I think twhitehead also.

As for me, I come from a very non religious family. Both my parents are non religious, even my grand parents are/were non religious. My gran (mum's mum) stipulated that her funeral was to have no religious connotations whatsoever. My other gran (dad's mum) utters the great line - 'Damn lot' - whenever anything religious comes on the tv or radio.

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Apart from me.
Many, not all. Certainly several.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 14
6 edits

Back to the matter of the lake of fire.

1.) How do any of you know that unbelievers who have rejected Christ will not rather want to get away from the light and truth of God by going into a lake of fire ?

2.) How do you know that the pain of finally realizing that one has rejected ultimate Love will be so bad that to be in a lake of fire will be a relief ?

3.) How do you know that unbelievers would not prefer that they be saved from one another's endless crimes by having everyone occupied with their own misery instead ? I mean punishment prefered to the misery of endless exploitation, lying, criminalization upon each other. Penalty and containment is preferred rather than anarchistic and endless mass preying upon one another.

Now I am not necessarily proposing these matters. But I did say way above that I expect that the last judgment will contain some surprises.

4.) How do you know that a lake of fire will not be like heaven in comparison to the agony of the realization that Ultimate Love has been spurned ?

5.) How do you know that a lake of fire may not be preferable to the anguish of self hatred at rejecting God and God's Love in Jesus Christ ?

6.) How do you know that the human soul will not itself cry out for punishment to be relieved from the gnawing conviction of the conscience at what one has done ?

y

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
Back to the matter of the lake of fire.

1.) How do any of you know that unbelievers who have rejected Christ will not rather want to get away from the light and truth of God by going into a lake of fire ?

2.) How do you know that the [b]pain
of finally realizing that one has rejected ultimate Love will be so bad that to be in a lake of fire will b ...[text shortened]... r punishment to be relieved from the gnawing conviction of the conscience at what one has done ?[/b]
You have certainly added a clearer perspective to what it means to be separated from God, one that I believe is closer to the truth than not. Thanks Sonship for the insight... something to really ponder.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 14

You have certainly added a clearer perspective to what it means to be separated from God, one that I believe is closer to the truth than not. Thanks Sonship for the insight... something to really ponder.
yoctobyte, I think it has to be something like this and most likely much more. That is when you consider Who and What it is that is being rejected - the Ultimate Goodness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
How is that relevant?
How is it relevant is I want to know if you have to go to God for forgiveness
more than the day you were saved? It seems that every time the topic of
forgiveness comes up you seem to push a point of view that anyone who
believes we have to go to God for forgiveness, and may have to do it again
is some how promoting a life style of sin. I do not promote such a thing and
I'm insulted you would even hint at it after I say something.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So although you know you are going to sin tomorrow, you also know you are going to be forgiven [because you "serve God"], is that what you're saying?
One other point on this question, I'm not promised tomorrow no one is.
You should treat each day as if it were your last when it comes to matters
of God and not leave an opening for sin. If I have to go to God for
forgiveness I do, if I don't that to is to God's glory not mine.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Kindly quote the 'insulting remark' which I made to you.
" guess then Peter was unaware of that arrangement you lucky guys have with God, because he said something different : "

I was insulted by this. I tend to agree with a lot of what you say, but I have
to say you come across with a very mean spirit at times.
Kelly

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
One other point on this question, I'm not promised tomorrow no one is.
You should treat each day as if it were your last when it comes to matters
of God and not leave an opening for sin. If I have to go to God for
forgiveness I do, if I don't that to is to God's glory not mine.
But, because you are serving God as you claim to, your sins tomorrow will go unpunished, right? Your strong faith tells you so, yes?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
But, because you are serving God as you claim to, your sins tomorrow will go unpunished, right? Your strong faith tells you so, yes?
No, someone who did nothing wrong got punished for my sins. He was
abused greatly, and if I sin it is just something more for Him. My strong
faith acknowledges I'm not worthy of God, I know His righteousness and
love He has shown to me and others is a life line to sinners. He is someone
who cares for us and paid dearly for that. If anyone lives a life of sin over
serving God is a servant of sin, you are one or the other.
Kelly