The Trinity conquers  Racism

The Trinity conquers Racism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Would you say 'feeding the hungry' is good works or evil works?
Jesus will judge. Why do I have to repeat that so many times.

There is something sadly wrong with you.

So you cannot support much of what you say and believe from the Bible. That much is clear.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jesus will judge. Why do I have to repeat that so many times.

There is something sadly wrong with you.

So you cannot support much of what you say and believe from the Bible. That much is clear.
So now Jesus will judge but earlier you had no problem judging and calling me a liar?

You are the one rejecting the scriptures by claiming we are saved by works when Ephesians 2 clearly states that we are not saved by works.

T

Moves
12 Dec 16
3 edits

It's ridiculous because it's ridiculous? Now you sound like FMF with your tautologies.

If it's not obvious to you that an unbeliever doesn't love Jesus and therefore doesn't follow his commands, then you need help.
No, it's not a tautology. It was made for emphasis, not as a logical argument. So this is yet another ridiculous claim. You made a ridiculous claim that I hadn't answered your question. I had not only answered your question, but my response showed how ridiculous your question was. I even went so far as to repost your question and my response.

This is yet another attempt to deflect from that fact that my posts clearly point out the ridiculousness of your responses.

If it's not obvious to you that an unbeliever doesn't love Jesus and therefore doesn't follow his commands, then you need help.

Seems we've come full circle, so I'll repost what I did earlier. Any chance you'll stop playing these stupid games and actually address its content? :

John 14
[21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.” 22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

Note the opening sentence. Cleary Jesus is saying that those who keep his commandments are the ones who love Him. It's not about professing ones love or believing one loves Him, it's about keeping his commandments.

So, yes, an "unbeliever" who keeps His commandments does love Him. In fact, he is a true "believer" as opposed to those who claim to love Him, but do not keep His commandments.

What's also interesting is that Jesus says KEEP His commandments - not just try to follow His commandments. Yet many Christians seem to think that they love Jesus even though they don't KEEP his commandments, i.e., they continue to sin.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
No, it's not a tautology. It was made for emphasis, not as a logical argument. So this is yet another ridiculous claim. You made a ridiculous claim that I hadn't answered your question. I had not only answered your question, but my response showed how ridiculous your question was. I even went so far as to repost your question and my response.

This is y ...[text shortened]... k that they love Jesus even though they don't KEEP his commandments, i.e., they continue to sin.
If even believers are not able to keep his commands all the time, what makes you think that unbelievers are able to keep them, or are you saying it is possible for an unbeliever to stop sinning even if they have not been regenerated by the holy spirit?

Believers that have been regenerated still sin from time to time because we are fallen creatures and only God is perfect. Now you are proposing that an unregenerate unbeliever can stop sinning??

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

If even believers are not able to keep his commands all the time, what makes you think that unbelievers are able to keep them, or are you saying it is possible for an unbeliever to stop sinning even if they have not been regenerated by the holy spirit?

Believers that have been regenerated still sin from time to time because we are fallen creatures and only God is perfect. Now you are proposing that an unregenerate unbeliever can stop sinning??
Your belief that it's impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" is contrary to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

If you believe that Jesus taught that it's impossible, then provide the verses and I'll take a look at them.

If you can't provide the verses, then shouldn't you reexamine your beliefs?

l

Moves
14 Dec 16

Your belief that it's impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" is contrary to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

If you believe that Jesus taught that it's impossible, then provide the verses and I'll take a look at them.

Would you kindly provide scripture references to backup this claim? Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Your belief that it's impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" [b]is contrary to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

Would you kindly provide scripture references to backup this claim? Thanks[/b]
Sounds like you believe that it is in fact impossible to keep the commandments of Christ.

Take a look at some of things Jesus said about his commandments:

Mat_19:17 .. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Joh_8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Joh_8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(John 14:15-16 KJV)

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh_15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
:

So if you are correct and nobody can keep the commandments of Christ, then it follows that:

- nobody will enter into life [eternal]
- nobody are disciples of Christ
- nobody will never see death
- the Comforter is coming to nobody
- nobody abides in the love of God and Christ
- nobody are friends of Christ.

And worse of all the teachings and doctrine of Christ is pointless

Christianity has certainly come a long way from the days of the Apostles.

l

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Sounds like you believe that it is in fact impossible to keep the commandments of Christ.

Take a look at some of things Jesus said about his commandments:

[i]Mat_19:17 .. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Joh_8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
...[text shortened]... st is pointless

Christianity has certainly come a long way from the days of the Apostles.[/b]

So if you are correct and nobody can keep the commandments of Christ, then it follows that:

Am I correct? No not really because I never made such a statement, I only asked a question. I do believe we can sin after coming to know Christ.. Do you believe this also? It's what we then do with that sin afterwards that makes the difference. Do you agree with that?

Going forward, If you intend to reference something I said, use what I actually said, and not what you think I said. This will be beneficial to us all.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Do you only regard the words of Jesus as divinely inspired or the rest of the Bible as well? The Bible clearly says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

By the way, I am arguing that faith is necessary to follow the commands of Jesus. Rajk is the one saying that unbelievers can follow the commands of Jesus.

Anyone who argues with God and against his commandments by claiming it is not necessary to obey his commandments does not believe in God and does not have the true faith of Jesus Christ.
"The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God" (Rom.8:7-8 NIV).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16

Am I correct? No not really because I never made such a statement, I only asked a question. I do believe we can sin after coming to know Christ.. Do you believe this also? It's what we then do with that sin afterwards that makes the difference ...[text shortened]... id, use what I actually said, and not what you think I said. This will be beneficial to us all.
You only asked a question yes, but why did that question arise?

Answer that and I will answer your questions.

l

Moves
15 Dec 16

You only asked a question yes, but why did that question arise?

Answer that and I will answer your questions.
I asked my question in response to Too statement, not because I didn't believe it but wanted to gain his understanding, strangely enough I still haven't.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

I do believe we can sin after coming to know Christ.. Do you believe this also? It's what we then do with that sin afterwards that makes the difference. Do you agree with that?.
People can sin anytime they choose, before Christ or after Christ. Proclaiming your faith or belief in Christ does not remove the desire to sin in some people. After sin there can be repentance and forgiveness. It cannot be a continuous process over and over, since it would mean that there was no real repentance. God cannot be fooled.

l

Moves
15 Dec 16

People can sin anytime they choose, before Christ or after Christ. Proclaiming your faith or belief in Christ does not remove the desire to sin in some people. After sin there can be repentance and forgiveness. It cannot be a continuous process over and over, since it would mean that there was no real repentance. God cannot be fooled.
I agree with this.

T

Moves
15 Dec 16

Do you only regard the words of Jesus as divinely inspired or the rest of the Bible as well? The Bible clearly says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

By the way, I am arguing that faith is necessary to follow the commands of Jesus. Rajk is the one saying that unbelievers can follow the commands of Jesus.

Anyone who argues with G ...[text shortened]... law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God" (Rom.8:7-8 NIV).
Am I to infer from this that you don't know of a single verse where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time"?

T

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Your belief that it's impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" [b]is contrary to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

Would you kindly provide scripture references to backup this claim? Thanks[/b]
First I want to establish whether or not FMJ can cite verses where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time".

If he remains true to form, FMJ will continue His intellectually dishonest manner and refuse to address it.

If you want to address it in the interim, then feel free.