The Trinity conquers  Racism

The Trinity conquers Racism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999...
The parable of the Good Samaritan answers your question. ...
Boom!

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
You did say earlier that you had belonged to a church whose rules you followed. Then you decided you did not like what they were preaching [ apparently the doctrine of Christ which is good works ] so you moved on. Now you constantly quote from some website. Obviously that website is your church.

You actually were in the right place and being told to foll ...[text shortened]... ng to do with what Jesus said, and yes I did answer your Ephesians 2 question in another thread.
You did say earlier that you had belonged to a church whose rules you followed. Then you decided you did not like what they were preaching [ apparently the doctrine of Christ which is good works ] so you moved on

The cult I belonged to were so focussed on good works like the pharisees of old, that they invented their own rules that were not even in the Bible for example women were only allowed to wear long dresses, and they forbade any form of interaction between the opposite sex prior to marriage, members were not allowed to watch television etc. The problem was everyone would judge you based on how well you followed the rules of the church and you could do everything outwardly to please people and your heart could be far removed from God. A lot of their practises were not biblical because they would break up marriages, if one spouse would start questioning their rules they would brainwash the other spouse into believe their husband or wife was lost and they would encourage parents to disown their children if they rebelled.

You actually were in the right place and being told to follow Christ but, since your heart is not with Christ you moved to a religion which enabled you to live as you please without following the commandments of Christ.

No I was told to follow the rules invented by people that were nowhere to be found in the Bible. What gives you the impression that I live as I please?

Ephesians 2 has nothing to do with what Jesus said, and yes I did answer your Ephesians 2 question in another thread.

Do you believe Ephesians 2 is divinely inspired? If so why do you claim the exact opposite?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
[b]You did say earlier that you had belonged to a church whose rules you followed. Then you decided you did not like what they were preaching [ apparently the doctrine of Christ which is good works ] so you moved on

The cult I belonged to were so focussed on good works like the pharisees of old, that they invented their own rules that were not ev ...[text shortened]... ]

Do you believe Ephesians 2 is divinely inspired? If so why do you claim the exact opposite?[/b]
Neither your old church nor your current doctrine is based on Jesus Christ. So I suggest to you that you are still lost and cannot find your way. I have said enough.

By the way the Pharisees of old were never focused on good works. You will find that nowhere in the Bible which is typical of much of what you believe and write.

F

Moves
11 Dec 16

The cult I belonged to were so focussed on good works like the pharisees of old, that they invented their own rules that were not even in the Bible for example women were only allowed to wear long dresses, and they forbade any form of interaction between the opposite sex prior to marriage, members were not allowed to watch television etc. The problem was everyone would judge you based on how well you followed the rules of the church and you could do everything outwardly to please people and your heart could be far removed from God. A lot of their practises were not biblical because they would break up marriages, if one spouse would start questioning their rules they would brainwash the other spouse into believe their husband or wife was lost and they would encourage parents to disown their children if they rebelled.

Did you have to refer to someone's web site in order to write this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
[b]The cult I belonged to were so focussed on good works like the pharisees of old, that they invented their own rules that were not even in the Bible for example women were only allowed to wear long dresses, and they forbade any form of interaction between the opposite sex prior to marriage, members were not allowed to watch television etc. The problem was ever ...[text shortened]... en if they rebelled.

Did you have to refer to someone's web site in order to write this?[/b]
Good one 😀

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

Neither your old church nor your current doctrine is based on Jesus Christ. So I suggest to you that you are still lost and cannot find your way. I have said enough.

By the way the Pharisees of old were never focused on good works. You will find that nowhere in the Bible which is typical of much of what you believe and write.
What part of my 'current doctrine' is not based on Jesus Christ?

These are the words of Jesus:

Matthew 23:25-28

"You Pharisees and teachers are show-offs, and you’re in for trouble! You wash the outside of your cups and dishes, while inside there is nothing but greed and selfishness. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of a cup, and then the outside will also be clean.You Pharisees and teachers are in for trouble! You’re nothing but show-offs. You’re like tombs that have been whitewashed. On the outside they are beautiful, but inside they are full of bones and filth. That’s what you are like. Outside you look good, but inside you are evil and only pretend to be good."

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
[b]The cult I belonged to were so focussed on good works like the pharisees of old, that they invented their own rules that were not even in the Bible for example women were only allowed to wear long dresses, and they forbade any form of interaction between the opposite sex prior to marriage, members were not allowed to watch television etc. The problem was ever ...[text shortened]... en if they rebelled.

Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute to this thread?

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF

It is my considered opinion that Fetchmyjunk gets all his ideas from other people and the Internet; this notion is fully reflected in his posting style.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
It is my considered opinion that Fetchmyjunk gets all his ideas from other people and the Internet; this notion is fully reflected in his posting style.
I'm guessing your name calling and insults was something you came up with all by yourself?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16
2 edits

What part of my 'current doctrine' is not based on Jesus Christ?

These are the words of Jesus:

Matthew 23:25-28

"You Pharisees and teachers are show-offs, and you’re in for trouble! You wash the outside of your cups and dishes, while inside there is nothing but greed and selfishness. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of a cup, and the ...[text shortened]... what you are like. Outside you look good, but inside you are evil and only pretend to be good."
Im still waiting for you to show me where Jesus said that the Pharisees were focusing on good works and that He condemned them for that. Please show me. The passage you quoted says no such thing.

Your current doctrine condemns the following of Jesus commandments referring to it as legalism

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

In still waiting for you to show me where Jesus said that the Pharisees were focusing on good works and that He condemned for that. Please show me. The passage you quoted says no such thing.

Your current doctrine condemns the following of Jesus commandments referring to it as legalism
Quote me exactly where I condemned following the commandments of Christ and called it legalism.

It seems you are now making things up just for fun. All I have said is that we are not saved by works because it is written in Ephesians 2. You seem to think that contradicts the commands of Christ for some reason. I don't. I am all for following the commands of Christ, but if Ephesians 2 is to be believed, works don't save us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16

Quote me exactly where I condemned following the commandments of Christ and called it legalism.

It seems you are now making things up just for fun. All I have said is that we are not saved by works because it is written in Ephesians 2. You seem to think that contradicts the commands of Christ for some reason. I don't. I am all for following the commands of Christ.
Ok you support the following of the commandments of Christ, good. Lets move on.

Im still waiting for you to show me where Jesus said that the Pharisees were focusing on good works and that He condemned them for that. Please show me. The passage you quoted says no such thing.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
2 edits

Ok you support the following of the commandments of Christ, good. Lets move on.

Outward self righteousness is the inevitable product of Pharisaic legalism. Jesus revealed their true motives:

Matt 23:5 "But all their works they do to be seen by men."

Now tell me do you think someone who is self righteous and only does good works to be seen by men is saved by doing those works?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16

Outward self righteousness is the inevitable product of Pharisaic legalism. Jesus revealed their true motives:

Matt 23:5 "But all their works they do to be seen by men."

Now tell me do you think someone who is self righteous and only does good works to be seen by men is saved by doing those works?
You are not answering the question. You claimed that Jesus said that the Pharisees were focusing on good works . Yet you cannot show me any such passage from the Bible.

Also you keep ranting and raving about Pharisees who do evil works and yet you insist on calling it GOOD. Where does Jesus call those things good works.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
2 edits

You are not answering the question. You claimed that Jesus said that the Pharisees were focusing on good works . Yet you cannot show me any such passage from the Bible.

Also you keep ranting and raving about Pharisees who do evil works and yet you insist on calling it GOOD. Where does Jesus call those things good works.
Would you say 'feeding the hungry' is good works or evil works?