1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 04:001 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Since there is no trinity (Psalm 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You..... alone..... are the Most High over all the earth.), we can't expect that to conquer racism.
    But, the One True God will:
    (Revelation 7:9, 10) After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and ...[text shortened]... loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
    Who is your saviour and what is his name?

Simple question; maybe you will be able to answer before ducking out again 😉
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 11:555 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Too much humanistic liberal beliefs get attributed to God.

The humanism is talking about racism.

You are making a non issue an issue. You show that you are more concerned with politics than Christ. You use Christ for you political agenda

Would you object if I started threads with any of these descriptions?

The Trinity conquers Irresponsibility

The Trinity conquers Laziness

The Trinity conquers Social Disintergration

The Trinity conquers the Broken Family

The Trinity conquers Crime

The Trinity conquers Hatred of Country

Would any of these topics give rise to your suspicion ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 12:263 edits
    One new man?

The one new man is taught in verses like Ephesians 2:115.

"Abolishing in His flesh the law of the commandments and ordinances, that He might create the two in Himself into one new man, so making peace."

Christ on the cross broke down the wall between the Jews and the Gentiles to create "in Himself" a new humanity of humans indwelt with the life of Christ. This new humanity is called the "one new man".

The idea is that if Christ created "one new man" in Himself out of Jew and Gentile, there is absolutely no reason that He would allow further walls to exist between Gentile and Gentile. That would make no sense.

And both Jews and Gentiles (of all races) are to be "in Christ" through salvation and to be transformed by the "new man".

"That you put off, as regards your former manner of life, the old man, which is being corrupted according to the lusts of the deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind

And put on the new man, which was created according to God in righteousness and holiness of the reality." (Eph. 4:22-24)

In the realm of Christ, in the sphere of the resurrected and living Christ, by His Spirit we all can "put off" the old man. That "old man" is more and more "being corrupted".

In the realm and sphere of Christ, we can be renewed in our thinking. We can have our minds renewed. And this renewal process of our minds causes us to "put on the new man". This is the "one new man" of which the same Ephesian epistle spoke of back in chapter 2 verse 15.

1.) Christ created in Himself "one new man" - 2:15

2.) The Christians are exhorted to put off the "old man" and be renewed in the mind and put on "the new man".

So the Triune God surely can conquer the racism, hostile racial divisions in the corrupted and corrupting "old man". And the Trinity can swallow up this discord as the believers "put on the new man".

The divine imparted oneness of the church of Christ is accomplished by the believers being transformed in the thinking - "renewed in the spirit of your mind" . And in John 17 we see that the process takes place in the Triune God, in the Trinity's dispensing of Himself into man.

Here is part of the Lord Jesus' mighty petition for the Christian church:

" That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. (v.21)

And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one; (v.22)

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (v.23)

Rather than bemoan our poverty to be one, man needs to be immersed into the living Trinity to allow His life to swallow up all discords, including that of racism.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 06:441 edit
    The Apostle tells us against that in putting on "the new man" there cannot be divisions because of racial or ethnic identities. The tension, the strife, the oppression, the sense of inferiority or superiority is swallowed up by the nature of the new man.

"And have put on the new man, which is being renewed unto the full knowledge of the image of Him who created him.

Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcism and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all and in all." (Colossians 3:11)

The church needs to stand upon these truths just as much as it would stand upon any other truth taught by the New Testament.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 08:56
    The word trinity is not mentioned in the bible once, it is error. Churning out this regurgitated waffle from your church about the trinity conquering racism just makes you look a bit odd sonship.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:03
    Notice that Divegeester will probably not specifically tell you what the error of the teaching of the Trinity is.

In fact he will probably not identify what the teaching of the Trinity is without erecting a strawman argument - a trinity teaching which is poor which he will then knock down. By knocking down his strawman argument he may imagine that he has done something well to refute a teaching of the Trinity.

Instead of accurately identifying what a clear presentation of the Trinity is, he will probably knck about his strawman, poor concept of the teaching.

An accurate presentation he will not be able to show is in error in terms of what the Bible actually says.

Instead of these failed attempts he will resort to emotional name calling using terms like "waffle," "mumbo jumbo" and other terms merely to belittle and disparage better presentations of the teaching of a three - one nature of God.

In this thread I will not be distracted from the topic of The Trinity conquers Racism, I will not apologize for using either term , which you cannot find in the Scripture - Trinity or "Racism".

But notice that in complaining of "waffle" Divegeester is actually appears to be calling this God inspired passage from the New Testament "waffle" -

"That they may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. " (John 17:21)

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (v.23)

How can racial prejudice possibly survive this divine PERFECTING" ? At the end of such a process of being so perfected do you think racial animosity will survive, troubling this oneness ?

In the process of this perfecting is it possible that prejudice and fearful men can cling to their divisive suspicions ? I say it is impossible because the very life and nature of the Triune God will swallow up these divisions.

That is what this thread is dedicated to - explaining that humans brought into this perfecting of the oneness of the Christian church "cannot" hold on to many kinds of strifes, divisions, sects, and animosities of social and national discord.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:11
    This passage is a great calling. If Christians want the Lord Jesus to return, some of us must give God a way to demonstrate this oneness in the Body of Christ.

"I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23)

This oneness is impossible for man to achieve in himself.
    But this oneness is possible within the perfecting salvation of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The United Nations cannot achieve the desired oneness.
    The Antichrist will not achieve any God glorifying oneness.

So it is left to men and women of different races to sink into the life of the Father-Son-Holy Spirit to allow His perfecting work to wrought this oneness into our beings for a testimony to the world.

A remnant will be brought into such a oneness.
    A remnant of those who overcome through Christ, will be manifested on earth to have been perfected into this oneness.

Notice that this oneness must be achieved before the eternal age of the new heaven and new earth for Jesus said "the world may believe". This oneness must then be something achieved at least with a remnant, a representative minority on this side of the last judgment.

As Christians, to give ourselves to this perfecting process of the Triune God is a high and noble calling. It is a calling which can motivate us to drop our racial animosity in recognition that we believers in Christ have a common enemy which, through Christ, we can overcome together.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:291 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Notice that Divegeester will probably not specifically tell you what the error of the teaching of the Trinity is.
    This is quite dishonest by you, as you know that I've fully engaged with on this topic several times over the years and I'm not going into it every time you launch into another one of your trinity blitherings.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:32

In fact he will probably not identify what the teaching of the Trinity is without erecting a strawman argument - a trinity teaching which is poor which he will then knock down. By knocking down his strawman argument he may imagine that he has ...[text shortened]... d on to many kinds of strifes, divisions, sects, and animosities of social and national discord.
    No, I'm calling your stuff waffle.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:33
    This passage is a great calling. If Christians want the Lord Jesus to return, some of us must give God a way to demonstrate this oneness in the Body of Christ.

[quote] [b] "I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23)
    [/quote ...[text shortened]... that we believers in Christ have a common enemy which, through Christ, we can overcome together.[/b]
    Tell me sonship, does my rejection of your trinity teaching mean that I don't have the spirit of Christ and am therefore not saved?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 13:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, I'm calling your stuff waffle.
    no you're calling the word of God waffle. i am just quoting it on many occasions.

i quote and you ridicule as waffle many passages.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 16:52
    Too much humanistic liberal beliefs get attributed to God.

The humanism is talking about racism.

You are making a non issue an issue. You show that you are more concerned with politics than Christ. You use Christ for you political agenda

Would you object if I started threads with any of these descriptions?

[b] ...[text shortened]... ty conquers Hatred of Country

Would any of these topics give rise to your suspicion ?[/b]
    It is true that in the end all social ills will be conquered but not until Jesus returns and this world is no more.

The only ones who remain are those who obey his commands. In other words the only ones who remain are the ones that recognize his voice.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 17:263 edits
    It is true that in the end all social ills will be conquered but not until Jesus returns and this world is no more.

Elader, there must be a remnant of Christians of the new covenant church who spearhead into the overcoming of social ills in the local churches. If that is not the case anywhere on the earth, the Lord Jesus will not return.

He comes back for a bride who has made herself ... MADE HERSELF ...READY.

Enter proof texts:

"Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.

And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints." (Rev. 19:6,7)

The word "righteousnesses" is not a typo. Some English translations read "righteous deeds".

This is therefore not the positional righteousness of Justification by faith that makes the wife ready. Rather is it the dispositional righteousness of living daily which prepares the wife to enjoy the marriage supper with Christ.

No doubt injustice will be dealt with externally in the world by the Righteous King.
    But in order for Him to come back, He must have a remnant in the church who have subjectively lived righteous deeds preparing them for Christ.

The wife "HAS MADE HERSELF READY"

Individually, many saints here and there have been matured. But before Jesus comes back a collective group spearheading the whole church universal must be ready.

If we say that this is not possible until Jesus comes back we miss the boat. Some, through His grace, must overcome. And that includes the overcoming of the abundance of malice between people due to racism.

Since we cannot do this on our own, we are forced to recognize our common enemy as Christians, lay down our beefs along racial lines, and let the righteous deeds come out of our livijng.

Then it will be said that -

"The wife has made herself ready."

This is a great opportunity for Christians to set the old man aside and bring the Lord Jesus back to this suffering earth. He has something desirable that He wants to return FOR - a wife that matches Him, corresponds to Him.

Remember that the preparation FOR Him to come is that this group of believers are living out the righteousnesses. ie. the righteous deeds.

Please read Revelation 19 and notice that the wedding garment is also the fighting garment. The wife's attire to enjoy the marriage feast is exactly also her fighting armor to come down with Jesus to destroy Antichrist and his armies at Armageddon.

Compare the two verses:

Verse 8

" And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.( v.8)

That is her wedding garment.
    Now her fighting garment as she comes down from heaven with Christ as His army.

Verse 14

"And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean." (v.14)

The wife's wedding garment is also her fighting garment.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 18:23

Elader, there must be a remnant of Christians of the new covenant church who spearhead into the overcoming of social ills in the local churches. If that is not the case anywhere on the earth, the Lord Jesus will no ...[text shortened]... and[/i] clean." (v.14)
    [/quote]

The wife's wedding garment is also her fighting garment.[/b]
    Tell me sonship, does my rejection of your trinity teaching mean that I don't have the spirit of Christ and am therefore not saved?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 19:361 edit
    It is good to compare these two passages with each other which both speak of putting on "the new man" . Some may want to discuss their similarities and their differences.

First Ephesians 4:22-24

" That you put off, as regards your former manner of life, the old man, which is being corrupted according to the lusts of the deceit,

And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind and put on the new man, which was created according to God in righteousness and holiness of the reality." (Eph. 4:22-24)

And now Colossians 3:9-11

"Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his practices and have put on the new man, which is being renewed unto full knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

Where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all and in all." (Col. 3:9-11)

Since a proper presentation of the Triune God includes the revelation that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, it is very clear to believe that -

"created according to God" of Ephesians 4:24 is equivalent to " ... according to Him who created him [the new man] ."

Who created "the new man" ?

Jesus Christ created the " one new man" in Himself.

" .. that He [Christ] might create the two in Himself into one new man, so making peace." (Eph. 2:15)

The new man was created by Christ.
    The new man is created according to God -

"And put on the new man, which was created according to God in righteousness a holiness of the reality." (v.24)

So " according to the image of Him [Christ] who created Him" is the same as "according to God" .

The revelation of the three-one God includes that the man Jesus Christ is God.

And the one new man is perfected in the Divine "Us" of the three-one God:

"That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us ... " (See John 17:21)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree