1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 20:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Strengthen your confidence in the Bible. Jesus was convinced that the Bible is God’s Word, which provides the best guidance in life. (John 17:17) Following Jesus’ example, we must read the Bible daily, study it, and meditate on what we learn. Along with general Bible study, dig into topics about which you may have questions. Develop your confidence i ...[text shortened]... es people’s lives. —1 Thess. 2:13.

How can we study the Bible in a way that builds our faith?
    I'm going to throw the idea out there that forgiveness coming from an atheist is 'often' more meaningful than forgiveness coming from a theist, as the former forgives from the mortal heart while the latter forgives to win favor from a supreme being. (Who's very existence remains unproven).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 20:55
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'm going to throw the idea out there that forgiveness coming from an atheist is 'often' more meaningful than forgiveness coming from a theist, as the former forgives from the mortal heart while the latter forgives to win favor from a supreme being. (Who's very existence remains unproven).
    Careful there dude you might be guilty of self righteousness. Forgiveness must come from the heart whether its atheist or theist, surely?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 20:57
    Focus on the blessings Jehovah has promised. By fixing his sights on “the joy that was set before him,” Jesus was able to remain faithful despite extreme tests. (Heb. 12:2) He was never distracted by what the world could offer. (Matt. 4:8-10) You can imitate Jesus by meditating on the wonderful promises Jehovah has made to you.

Why was Jesus able to remain faithful despite extreme tests, and how can you imitate him?
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 21:00
    Peter has form .
    Denying Christ 3 times Mark 14.
    How come he kept getting promoted ?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 21:01
    With God’s help through Jesus, Peter conquered his fears and doubts, becoming a pillar of faith among early Christians. In the same way, Jehovah helps all of us to stand firm in the faith. (Read 1 Peter 5:9, 10.) The effort we put into building our faith is well worth it, for the rewards of faith are incomparable.

See if you can answer.

Why is faith a precious possession?
    How can we tell if our faith has begun to weaken?
    Why can we strengthen our faith by looking intently at Jesus?

and that concludes our study, call again next week for another exciting delve into Gods word the Bible. I'm your host Robbie Carrobie wishing you all a very happy weekend 😀
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 21:062 edits
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Peter has form .
    Peter made many mistakes, he was a very impetuous character, you see he jumped out of a boat, he was the first to enter Christs tomb. He was rebuked by Christ and by Paul, but he learned and became a man of great faith by focusing on the example of Jesus. It was note worthy that after his resurrection that Jesus charged Peter with looking after the disciples, 'feed my little sheep'. Christ knew that despite his mistakes Peter could be trusted.
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 21:18
    and that concludes our study, call again next week for another exciting delve into Gods word the Bible. I'm your host Robbie Carrobie wishing you all a very happy weekend 😀[/b]
    Gutted.
    Just getting interested.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 21:31
    Gutted.
    Just getting interested.
    Don't worry I'll be back next Sunday. See you then 😀
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 22:51
    Peter has form .
    Peter was already promoted before that. Check it out. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 22:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, your 'hosted' Bible study was just for you and nobody else?

Did you just want to impress us that you knew the answer to your own question?

What exactly was the point of this?
    The point is to teach people like you that don't have a clue. 😏
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 03:00
    Todays Bible study is a truly awesome article entitled, 'Stand firm in the Faith' and it will be my pleasure as your host to study it with you. The format is we read a paragraph together, we look up the scriptural references and then I ask one or two questions. Ready, lets begin.

THE apostle Peter and some other disciples are struggling to row th ...[text shortened]... storm on the Sea of Galilee? (b) Why did Peter start to sink?

Please post your answers below.
    Peter walked for a little, but how do you think he got back in the boat? Do you think he walked again or did Jesus carry him?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 07:02
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Peter walked for a little, but how do you think he got back in the boat? Do you think he walked again or did Jesus carry him?
    Jesus taught him to swim. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 12:23
    How does the account read?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 13:28
    How does the account read?
    I don't think it tells us.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 14:121 edit
    I don't think it tells us.
    But looking at the windstorm, he became afraid. And when he started to sink, he cried
    out: “Lord, save me!” Immediately stretching out his hand, Jesus caught hold of him
    and said to him: “You with little faith, why did you give way to doubt?” After they got up
    into the boat, the windstorm abated. Matt 14: 31-33

It seems evident that it was Christ power that initially kept Peter above the water and
    when Peter started to doubt, he began to sink. Christ stretched out his hand and
    grabbed Peter probably by the hand helped him up and back into the boat. How close
    they were to the boat is not specified. It was Christs power that initially kept him above
    water i see to reason to state why Christ could not have similarly used his power to
    elevate him above the water again until they reached the boat again and both climbed
    into it. Why this should be a matter of interest i cannot say, it seems to me to speculate
    about what is not written rather than focus on what is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree